Should I Flash My Gp32?

Just remembered something I have the original GPCinema and I remember hearing that it only works with the original firmware? Is that true? :huh:

DarkMetroid posted on May 19 2004 at 02:03 AM said:
I heard its very risky is it worth it and if so whats is the best firmware out?
You may want to look at Aquafish's FW too. It has Pacrom, EuroFW, and YAFL which I like much better than Windups .

Last edited by a moderator:
Fresh batteries!! Don't neglect this important step ... I read that flashing drains batteries (you wouldn't want them to die before the flashing is done)

I also read about some kid who got scared and, during the middle of flashing ... turned off his GP32 :lol: !!! He made a topic here about it, asking how he could fix his now-dead system.

I was really put off by these, and other stories, but it really is so damn easy; you just run the .fxe like any other program, and it tells you on-screen when it's safe to turn off your gp32_console .

TelcoLou posted on May 19 2004 at 04:58 AM said:
Fresh batteries!! Don't neglect this important step ... I read that flashing drains batteries (you wouldn't want them to die before the flashing is done)

I also read about some kid who got scared and, during the middle of flashing ... turned off his GP32 :lol: !!! He made a topic here about it, asking how he could fix his now-dead system.

I was really put off by these, and other stories, but it really is so damn easy; you just run the .fxe like any other program, and it tells you on-screen when it's safe to turn off your gp32_console .
I wansn't that scared! I just thought... well... dam you all! But im not that mad any more. Thanks to than Finish guy (his name was jouni kohoren something) who reflashed my GP32 ;) .

So basicly I had no firmware for a while there and i wanted to die severall times. :)

its not risky at all and it is worth it.
only watch that you have got fresh batteries and everything will work.

this is nothing to open a thread for. :rolleyes:

It is easy just pick which version you want to flash. Just make sure you have brand new batteries and just follow the instructions. Good Luck!! gp32_console

I flashed to multiFW too, it worked, I'm happy, it's easy!

...not going to do it twice though, the stress at the flashing moment is unbearable :)

Q-Wi-Q posted on May 19 2004 at 10:05 AM said:

...not going to do it twice though, the stress at the flashing moment is unbearable :)
Tell me about it! I didn't breathe for those LONG 15 seconds :lol:

Should I Flash ?I heard its very risky is it worth it
You should be ok as long as you pick a nice long dirty mac and only jump out at old ladies who dont have it in them to chase you down the street

timeslip posted on May 19 2004 at 09:18 AM said:
Should I Flash ?I heard its very risky is it worth it
You should be ok as long as you pick a nice long dirty mac and only jump out at old ladies who dont have it in them to chase you down the street
:lol:

I like it :)

not to spam or anything but could someone have a quick look at my tracker

www.gp32torrent.tk and tell me if it works one you press the link?
Does the tracker work as stupid xp likes to bar people from getting on it.

I flashed my GP32 to Multirom without problems - later I wanted to try the Euro BIOS (before the multi-BIOS with it on came out) and flashed that. It was ok, but I preferred Pacrom so I went to flash back - I did so (accidentally) using the flashing tool for the Euro BIOS, not the tool that I used before when flashing Multirom. Needless to say this broke my GP32 and I had to send it off to Jouni for fixing... I don't think he repairs broken GP32s anymore, so be careful and make sure you follow ALL the instructions to the letter!

TelcoLou posted on May 19 2004 at 09:09 AM said:
Q-Wi-Q posted on May 19 2004 at 10:05 AM said:

Tell me about it! I didn't breathe for those LONG 15 seconds :lol:
you make me look like a pansy :(

...and you're right -_-.

Back