Single Nub Units Again

Also note that a lot of these "broken nubs" seem to just have some dust under them (or something) and they start working after a small bit of twiddling.
I'm also betting that OPT will offer a repair service where the nub can be fixed for a nominal fee (20GBP would be my guess) so really they're not paying the same for a broken unit, they're paying 20GBP more to get a temporarily broken unit early.

After seeing WizardStan's comment, I went ahead and sent an email... I'm not too hopeful since it looks like a bunch of people already did the same though. Oh well, worth a shot. :)

wermy said:
After seeing WizardStan's comment, I went ahead and sent an email... I'm not too hopeful since it looks like a bunch of people already did the same though. Oh well, worth a shot. :)
Good luck. If you get one, I hope you aren't mad at me if it turns out the nub really is dead, or it costs more than 20 to replace it.

Last edited by a moderator:
WizardStan said:
If you get one, I hope you aren't mad at me if it turns out the nub really is dead, or it costs more than 20 to replace it.

Oh I will be, WizardStan. I'll just sit here and stew for days -- you won't even believe how angry I will be. ;)

Actually, this is my plan: I know after I get one, my wife will instantly want one. If I get a one-nubber, I'll order a second unit when they are available more readily, and she can have the gimpy one (she wouldn't care about the right nub, anyway). :D

Hoo boy, just got an email saying my one-nubber will be dispatched in the next few days! I'm scared and excited all at once. :D

Edit: Just realized I double-posted. Sorry about that. :p

I guess they have waited to see if anyone earlier in the list comes forward. Actually a very fair way of doing it and have no problem with that but would be nice to be told about these things.

CraigW said:
I guess they have waited to see if anyone earlier in the list comes forward. Actually a very fair way of doing it and have no problem with that but would be nice to be told about these things.

If they are waiting for the ppl who is earlier in the list, that is not fair for this "switching action".

N_2 said:
CraigW said:

If they are waiting for the ppl who is earlier in the list, that is not fair for this "switching action".

Who else has sent an email, anyone under 3000 (Which I am at)

ZXC3CD said:
N_2 said:
CraigW said:

Who else has sent an email, anyone under 3000 (Which I am at)

<---------2600~2700

Hmm, I wonder how they are choosing who gets them.

I'm really hoping what craig said originally about it just being the right nub that's "iffy" holds true... <_<

I sent an email yesterday and I'm in the first 250 of the second batch. debs said she will let me know if they have one for me but I'm not holding my breath. waited and followed this for 2 years and I fit if I have to wait longer it will be sweeter when it gets here.

wermy said:
Hmm, I wonder how they are choosing who gets them.

I'm really hoping what craig said originally about it just being the right nub that's "iffy" holds true... <_<

first come first serve... I think

mecksg1 said:
I sent an email yesterday and I'm in the first 250 of the second batch. debs said she will let me know if they have one for me but I'm not holding my breath. waited and followed this for 2 years and I fit if I have to wait longer it will be sweeter when it gets here.

i sent one on sunday and still haven't heard back yet, i'm in 40 - 50 2nd Batch.

Id be around the same as yourself Davy, sent my mail just half hour after Craigs post.
Craig.

mrdremel said:
I've said it before....and I'll say it again........sooner or later, everybody joins the one-nub-club
Don't scare me! :ph34r:
Well, as long as there is no "none-nub-club"... :D

^ The next batch of boards should have the new factory tested nubs. I expect things to be more smooth from now on.

^ :D
Hehe, I've got a little applet which automatically inserts a random calming phrase into the post when I click it ;)
j/k
At least the nubs should move more smoothly from now on :D

Back