Release Slade 3 - It's a Doom editor

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is Slade 3, a Doom Editor. For conveniance, I included zdbsp for node building.

preview3.png
Not much to say, it seems to works, but probably needs testing.

History log

=========

Build 02

-----------

• Fixed music (you may have to delete your old appdata/slade/home folder or manualy add "/mnt/utmp/slade/sf2/TimGM6mb.sf2:/mnt/utmp/slade/sf2/FluidR3_GS.sf2" as sf2 font).
  • Fixed 3D Rendered view
  • Added a copy of GZDoom (but I'm not sure how to use it. Use "gzdoom", not gzdoom.arm directly).
Build 01

-----------

• Initial build

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. I recently started to work on a Doom-Level, which may one day become a MegaWad. I use DoomBuilder (unfortunately only available for Windows). I spend a lot of time editing in the 3D-view, which is similar to Mapster32 (Duke3D). It is very useful to align textures and set texture heights. Looking at the webpage it seems Slade also features a 3D mode? Is it included in the port?

I will give it a try soon. Probably I will still do most of my editing on the PC (big screen and mouse is sometimes still the best). But it's great to have the option to do it on the go, I actually checked if there is a Doom editor on the Pandora, but I think this is the first! I haven't really played Doom on a PC since I have my Pandora anyway, so in the end I will worry mostly about how it looks on the Pandora, so this will come in handy! :)

I compiled everything. So the 3D editor should be included (at least, it need OpenGL), but I have not tested / tried everything so not sure it works.

Hmmm, I tried the 3D and it freeze :( . I have to work again it seems.

*EDIT* Also, MUS file cannot be listen also. I have to try check that too.

*EDIT2*: Ok, fixed the music, added some sound fonts did the trick.

So, I fixed everything I could. The issue with 3DView was that there was no rePaint message once Mouse was locked. Strange. So I added a repaint order in a timer that was there.

For the 3DView, use "q" to enter/quit the 3d view. Then use mouse/nub to aim, and wasd to move...

preview4.png
Build 02

-----------

• Fixed music (you may have to delete your old appdata/slade/home folder or manualy add "/mnt/utmp/slade/sf2/TimGM6mb.sf2:/mnt/utmp/slade/sf2/FluidR3_GS.sf2" as sf2 font).
  • Fixed 3D Rendered view
  • Added a copy of GZDoom (but I'm not sure how to use it. Use "gzdoom", not gzdoom.arm directly).

The screen is of course a bit small somtimes... That will be great on the Pyra with the bigger screen  ;) .

If at least Fullscreen is working, then it should be fine. ;) Pyra may have a bigger screen but also will have a bigger resolution which usualy leads into even more tiny fonts and screen elements (I hate that). But of course this can happen when a PC program is converted onto a tiny mobile screen.

I have no experience with Doom Editors but I was a BUILD Editor fan back then when I made Duke 3D Levels. :)  BUILD was a great editor, also a 2D/3D mix and it needed the entire PC Keyboard to be useful and most keys were double or triple used. It took ages to learn all these keyboard bindings, at least there was a helpful readme, good old days. :D

Back