Smaller Batteries?

MDave

ZEQ2 Lite Developer
United Kingdom, North East Wales, Buckley
Website
www.zeq2.com
I was wondering if it was possible in the future to be able to buy smaller sized/capacity batteries, for those that don't need mind losing half the amount of battery life for example (down to something like say, 5 hours instead of 10?) for a lighter battery and thus, lighter Pandora?

I know this may seem like a strange thing, but I would buy something like this to help make my Pandora that little bit more comfortable to use and carry around, since I don't expect to be using it for about 10 hours a day unplugged! :)

I don't know how much it actually weights, but I remember someone in some video at some time stating that "it actually weights more than it looks like". But I don't think I'll have much problems carrying it around, after all it doesn't take up much physical space.

Paradox said:
I agree, somehow being heavier makes stuff feel more well made / solid :D
Indeed. A lot of junk has taken advantage of this theory and added steel bars to their manufacturing process.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work … you can always hit them with it."

2hya0j5.jpg

WizardStan said:
Paradox said:
I agree, somehow being heavier makes stuff feel more well made / solid :D
Indeed. A lot of junk has taken advantage of this theory and added steel bars to their manufacturing process.
there are always some shitheads who take advantage of this. anyone has already taken a look inside the iphone? :p its real heavy!

Alright, seems some of you missed the point :p I'm not asking about if the Pandora should be lighter or heavier as standard, I'm asking if it's possible to have the option of being able to purchase batteries that are smaller and lighter, thus making the Pandora lighter! MY comfort spot would be something lighter then the DS Original / PSP Phat weight for carrying around, and reducing the physical size of the battery seems like the only way :)

MWeston? Craig? EvilDragon? :p

Vlynndar said:
Original Nintendo DS: Weight: 300 grams (9.7 oz.)
Pandora: Mass: 335 g (approximate weight: 0.739 lbs)

A bag full of cotton: Mass: 500 g / Weight: 50 g
A bag full of lead: Mass: 500 g / Weight: you get my point

:p

MDave said:
Alright, seems some of you missed the point :p I'm not asking about if the Pandora should be lighter or heavier as standard, I'm asking if it's possible to have the option of being able to purchase batteries that are smaller and lighter, thus making the Pandora lighter! MY comfort spot would be something lighter then the DS Original / PSP Phat weight for carrying around, and reducing the physical size of the battery seems like the only way :)

I think that the point people are trying to make is that the pandora is light enough already, and that some weight isn't bad(that it makes the device feel better). Though I'm sure that you can add most any battery with the same voltage rating and chemical make up(you can find them on many different hobby sites).

emusan said:
MDave said:

I think that the point people are trying to make is that the pandora is light enough already, and that some weight isn't bad(that it makes the device feel better). Though I'm sure that you can add most any battery with the same voltage rating and chemical make up(you can find them on many different hobby sites).

Pandora's battery is custom made

emusan said:
MDave said:

Yes, I see that is what people are saying. I don't know enough to make my own battery, and I think the Pandora batteries have something special about them? :p But what's the harm in having more options, especially those that would also prefer it to be lighter too? I've tried carrying a PSP Phat and a DS original in my pockets and it definitely isn't comfortable. In fact they pull my pants down if I don't wear a belt! :p It's not just carrying around, but I would like it to be lighter so it feels more comfortable to play for longer periods of time. :)

Hey! If you had a smaller battery then you could fill the void with other stuff like GPS. An option for modders.

Or a small gold bar.

nikkopt said:
Vlynndar said:

Err... A bag full of lead that has a mass of 500g would also "weigh" 50g, but your whole argument doesn't make any sense anyways since something that has a mass of 500g will "weigh" 500g no matter what you do.

dflemstr said:
nikkopt said:
Vlynndar said:

Err... A bag full of lead that has a mass of 500g would also "weigh" 50g, but your whole argument doesn't make any sense anyways since something that has a mass of 500g will "weigh" 500g no matter what you do.

*woosh*

dflemstr said:
something that has a mass of 500g will "weigh" 500g no matter what you do.
What if he lives on the moon or something?

Back