So Is There An Internal Mic Or Not?

Yeah, I realized that I had PulseAudio installed on my BeagleBoard. Not entirely certain how that happened, but it seems to work, and may be accounting for some of the "just works" that I'm experiencing that people are having trouble with on their Pandora.

WizardStan said:
Yeah, I realized that I had PulseAudio installed on my BeagleBoard. Not entirely certain how that happened, but it seems to work, and may be accounting for some of the "just works" that I'm experiencing that people are having trouble with on their Pandora.
According to this post libpulse is installed, but I don't see the rest of pulseaudio (I don't remember the package names either so I may just be missing them).

Last edited by a moderator:
WizardStan said:

Indeed, PulseAudio has been solid for me for quite some time, and every release gets even better. Not only that, but it's actually somewhat easy to debug, since there's only so many places it pulls configuration from, and if you run it by hand (which is easy to do) with the verbose flags on, it spits out a gazillion helpful messages. It may not help with bloat, but by golly it helps with everything else. Maybe one of these days PulseAudio will be able to reach into the kernel and become its own self-contained sound system. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back