So What Are The Musts For You?

Must haves:

Amiga
Super NES

Nice to have:

Nintendo 64 (in fact only for "Ocarina of Time" and "Majora's Mask")
CPS-3 (Street Fighter III 3rd Strike)
Dreamcast (who knows...)

Not important for me are Playstation, Mega Drive, Sega CD and PC Engine as their emulators all run ~perfect on my PSP.

• Amiga
  • Spectrum
  • GPS Tracker for OpenStreetMap
  • MythTV Remote
  • FLAC Player
  • Micromouse Bluetooth Telemetry Console

Also, maybe a bit of PSOne

I was just going to use mine to pick up girls, you know how it is? "Is that a Pandora in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?". :D

But seriously... it'll be nice to play through a bunch of PS1 games, I can see SNES/MegaDrive/Amiga getting a fair going over too. I'm just looking forward to having a mini computer to mess around with - although my Touch HD phone is not too bad at browsing the internet, it'll be much nicer to do it on the Pandora (I hope at least).

Steve

don't care much for games (not saying I won't play any, just that they alone wouldn't be a reason to pay money for a device).

Two uses:
* a terminal with a good-looking font (Terminus) to ssh to my server, on which everything is running (as in mail, IMs, IRC, RSS-feeds, Usenet-client, that sort of thing)
* a webbrowser, flash-capable (youtube, don'tcherknow)

optional (for me): play videos in any format.

Last edited by a moderator:
aug said:
don't care much for games (not saying I won't play any, just that they alone wouldn't be a reason to pay money for a device).

Two uses:
* a terminal with a good-looking font (Terminus) to ssh to my server, on which everything is running (as in mail, IMs, IRC, RSS-feeds, Usenet-client, that sort of thing)
* a webbrowser, flash-capable (youtube, don'tcherknow)

optional (for me): play videos in any format.

I'm down with this post. I shell into a persistent screen session so I can run cone from home and various important work apps at work. I'd like to have X11 forwarding (over ssh), but that's not a dealbreaker.

It'd be nice if my Zaurus's Hancom Office binaries worked copied straight over, since that was a nice but very low resource productivity suite. I'm not even slightly optimistic about that, though.

One of my biggies is a decent ebook reader. Rotation, controller over degrees of scrolling (id est, whether the up/down (or L/R?) buttons scroll one line, half a page, full page, full page minus one line, etcetera), good font selection.

Nethack with support for one of those nubs would be cool. I'm guessing (haven't looked) that the dpad has four contacts, which'd make diagonal motions in nh unfeasible.

And it's not software, but I'm hoping there's a good case available that doesn't grow the footprint too much but still lets you use the Pandora without having to take it out. I've been playing around with leather lately, so maybe I'll have a go at it on my own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back