So What Are The Musts For You?

SNES, NES, PS1, N64 eventually, and emulators requiring a keyboard (C64, etc.)
Unconverted Video playback
WIFI/ internet
gimp/inkscape - generally the fact that it can run apps like that (unlike my DS, which serves as my current universal portable entertainment station)
office stuff
and very importantly - programming. Python, Java, PHP, C, whatever I feel like. On the go.

Emulators - Amiga, PSX, N64 (if possible), GBC, GBA, DS?, NeoGeo, MAME, C64, Atari/AtariST, Spectrum etc.
Media player - unconverted videos (DivX, Xvid, h/x264 ...)
Text/document reader - mainly PDF (RetroGamer for example ;) )
Inet communication - web/ICQ/IRC/email at home/hotspots via WIFI, optionaly everywhere via BT&cellular phone
GPS navigation - with GPS receiver via USB/SDIO/BT ... will this be possible ??? (I really don't know if there is any opensource GPS navigation application)
Office applications - text writer, excel sheet

I'd want the pandora for:

-online multiplayer when I cant carry around my NES PC.
- internet and all that good stuff

I'd call the pandora the sickest gaming handheld out there

Gaming-wise, SNES (my favourite console of all time :D), NES, GB, GBC, GBA, PSX, TG-16, C64, Amiga, MD, various arcade titles (mostly by Capcom and Taito), and a handful of MS-DOS games. Also, if N64 emulation happens, that will be a nice bonus as well (one of the best versions of Rayman 2: The Great Escape, on the go? w00t. :D). And of course, any native software and ports that catch my interest.

Also, a simple text-editor (nano, which is my favourite text-editor aside from KWrite, is in the Angstrom repository), since I rather like writing and hope to get more done on that front - the Pandora will make this considerably more convenient for me (most of my best ideas don't come to me while I'm at home or have my laptop to hand :p).

Lastly, a somewhat unusual must-have usage: Sewing. That's my other hobby aside from gaming and writing. A lot of what I make is gaming-based, and it will be incredibly handy to be able to take my reference artwork with me when I'm sourcing fabrics and stuff, to ensure proper colour-matching. :p

One of the big ones for me is PSX emulation. But feeling like proper PSX play thanks to S-video instead of messing about on my monitor. I missed the PSX generation since I had an N64 and always regretted that it wasn't the other way around. :p

On the gaming side: MAME, SNES, NES, Genesis, anything new and cool the community comes up with

For the rest: Web browsing anywhere in the house, at this point I am confined to my home office when I want to surf, watching videos, listening to music

Nailz said:
Web browsing anywhere in the house, at this point I am confined to my home office when I want to surf, watching videos
Now you can have a wank in the kitchen! Result! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's another really cool feature I remembered:

The Pandora takes SD cards
My camera takes SD cards
The Pandora will be able to run GIMP [to some degree, once the OS is running a bit better]
???
PROFIT!!

Portable Photoshop and Flickr / Facebook uploader. .. Assuming that I remember to bring my camera.

Emulation - PSX, GBA, SNES and (again, if possible) N64.
Programming - I don't know anything about that but I really want to learn.
Mp3
Homebrew
Heretic/Hexen
(I know this one is not Open) Heretic II ;)
GimpShop (now I'm using photoshop but there shouldn't be too many differences)

Replace N800 by adding the two most important missing features:

• Playing untranscoded videos
• Playing Street Fighter

Having a keyboard will be nice too, might try and learn some Bash.

Documents Reader (Perhaps an OpenOffice and Microsoft Reader Port)
Media Player (mp3, wmv, avi, mp4)

Now, emulators:
Nintendo: NES, SNES, GB/GBC, GBA, N64, DS
Sega: Genesis, CD, DreamCast
Sony: PS1, PSP
NEC: TG-16. TG-CD
MAME (Mainly Neo Geo)

It may seem like a lot of emulators, but I only have a few games for each. I've actually owned all these consoles (cept for TG-16, CD, SNES, DC and PSP)

I'm also looking forward to Amiga and C64 as well as Atari 2600, Lynx, Jaguar.

Need it for the following:

GPS
Web Browser
MP3 player
Video Player
complete 8-16 bit emulation
CPS3 emulation
Possible Dreamcast emulation (Ikaruga and CVS2)
And possibly Doom 3 and its many, many mods.

clippa said:
Nailz said:
Web browsing anywhere in the house, at this point I am confined to my home office when I want to surf, watching videos
Now you can have a wank in the kitchen! Result! :D

That's gonna have to stay in the office...... if I knew what you were talking about.... :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Portable dosbox. If it runs anywhere near the likes of the xbox1 dosbox port, I'll be stoked. That and psx emulation. And I wanna use it with the vibrating USB 2.0 cod-piece that I just invented. It is very fast. Faster than all other inferior USB 1.1 pants interfaces :p

hmm. let me think.. ok:

* functioning kernel
* functional libc
* working sgx drivers
* working wifi drivers
* sshd
* bash

optional:

* good vectorizing arm c/c++ compiler
* working sd drivers
* working s-video out and a cable

Back