So What Do You Expect It To Do?

pain-giver

Still Fresh
So its very nearly preorder day :D
And I was wondering
What do I want the Pandora to do on the day it arrives?
I would expect the following:

Megadrive emulator - Ater all we have seen full speed videos ;)
SNES emulator
NEOGEO Emulator
Amiga Emulator
Jaguar Emulator
A rough Ps1 Emulator
MP3 Player

I know its not much variety, but to be honest I dont know what is planned or anything :p
Although I expect the following ti follow soon after:

Web browsing

And err..
I dunno.
So enlighten me :D

all i'm after is a psx emulator and some sort of text editor as i plan to use it for my uni notes. also an mp3 player would be great though

megadrive, and a ps1 emulator... both pretty much complete!

and i want to see them fullscreen, that would be sweet. Or at least, an option to full screen it if you want to

I want be able to play Ape Escape and use an external USB keyboard to type on it.

Will it be able to do that?

Give me my PSX, GBA, Dosbox, a browser and a decent mp3 player and i'm set for a good while

The older console emulations are quite obviously going to be available.

joa said:

and i want to see them fullscreen, that would be sweet. Or at least, an option to full screen it if you want to
you will definatly be able to use a usb keyboard, this has been raised many many times

with regards too ape escape cant rem what console that was on

Last edited by a moderator:
Spray190 said:
joa said:

you will definatly be able to use a usb keyboard, this has been raised many many times

with regards too ape escape cant rem what console that was on

Looks like you quoted the wrong person, there.

And thanks for clearing me up about using USB keyboards! That and Ape Escape (PS1 game) is really what's deciding whether or not I buy this thing, and the odds for Ape Escape look good so far since FFVII works on it.

N64 support would be fucking brilliant.

i dont want to rush the emus but i would like to see what ever the first
emulator is ,i want to see it full screen,with sound and mabe usb functions - basicaly i want to see a fully functioning emulator that shows
the way forward for the many to come.

First I would enjoy the Genesis, Amiga and PSX -Emus

Later I would be absolutely happy:

1. if the Amiga-Emu would get AGA and HD-support

2. the Atari-Emu would get HD-Support and Midi-Support (routing Ataris midi out into linux midi driver)

Skofo said:
... Ape Escape (PS1 game) is really what's deciding whether or not I buy this thing, and the odds for Ape Escape look good so far since FFVII works on it.
Yes, it'll quite probably run very well. Mind, though, that Ape Escape is one of the very few PS1 games that actually uses all four shoulder buttons, which means you'll either have to use an external controller or go the hardcore way and actually put two more buttons on there :)

It's an absolutely brill game, though. I'm still debating myself whether it isn't good enough for me to actually put my soldering iron to my pandora-to-be :ph34r:

Moxie said:
It's an absolutely brill game, though. I'm still debating myself whether it isn't good enough for me to actually put my soldering iron to my pandora-to-be :ph34r:
yeah, good the connections for the second shoulder buttons are on the pcb.
there quite a few other good ps1-games using them, like:
Contender2
The Colony wars series
Omega Boost
The SyphonFilter series

Definetely worth to lay hand on the Pandora.
Maybe in future versions second shoulder buttons will be included, but I can't wait for that.

PSX, Genesis, SNES, Amiga, and maybe a NeoGeo and NES emulator should be thrown into the mix as well. As for apps, I'm only expecting a web browser at this point. Game ports? Quake 2 should be ready, and I hope Q3A will be up and running by the time it comes out. You never know, though...

Well, Amiga emu would be great! (PSX is nice, but it works already well on my PSP).

On top of that, I'd love a media player. And also a pre-packaged SDK to have fun coding for the Pandora! ;)

SNES, NES, and PSX emulation, and a text-editor along the lines of GNU nano are what I'm hoping to be spending time with when I receive mine. :)

-web browser
-media player
-old school PC games / ALL DOS games :D
-A few console titles
edit: MAME

I don't really care about psx/64/snes/etc. emulation.
I would play racing, fighting, puzzle, multiplayer games though, but rpg, adventure of epicness, I will not emulate.

Theres a difference between what I want and what I know is possible.
on launch, i would not be dissapointed if it had DOSBox, a web browser, media player, and 2 or 3 homebrew game releases. that is all i can expect at launch, this isnt a commercial platform and people shouldn't expect releases like one. the gp2x has taken years and years to build up its library.

Back