So What Will The Pandora's Box Look Like?

MagicPants

Still Fresh
Website
www.scienceoftomorrow.com
Anyone know what the retail box is going to look like?

I hope it's not obnoxiously packaged so it's possible to get it back in the packaging after it's been opened. :unsure:

Truly a major concern.

Bad box design could spell disaster for sales. People certainly won't buy one if the box isn't well designed. It must be aerodynamic and state of the art in every way. Bad box, no dice!

Brick%20Template.png

quasist said:
huaehauehaeuahe!!! :lol:

but yeah, if it has any serious desire to become a shelf system (one that can be sold in stores and people pick it up to look at the back and check everything it can do + promot openpandora.org), it has to have a decent package
that doesn't mean you have to spend a lot on it, it's just a matter of having commom sense. if you are not good at photoshop, just make it play black with a pandora picture on it
the gp2x package is a good example of simple yet good package.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the packaging matter, really? You'll only look at it while you rip it open to get to the goodies inside :p

This has probably been asked and answered deep within a Pandora thread somewhere, but is the Pandora bound for shops at all, or is it going to be internet/mail-order only?

iprice said:
Does the packaging matter, really? You'll only look at it while you rip it open to get to the goodies inside :p
Well what if I decide I don't want what's in the Pandora's box and I'd like to return it? I should be able to get everything back inside the box if there is any hope at all of it. :ph34r:

I think it should feature craig, mweston, ed, and fatih dressed as the village people holding pandora consoles. It doesn't really need anything else.

MagicPants said:
iprice said:
Well what if I decide I don't want what's in the Pandora's box and I'd like to return it?
Are you insane? Don't like it? And want to return it? Broken and return fine, if you don't want it don't click the 'BUY' button - works every time.
I should be able to get everything back inside the box if there is any hope at all of it. :ph34r:
Well if you take it out of the box carefully it should go back in, right?

Final tip, find the other threads on packaging and read those, eg Pandora Packaging, or in this one.

.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
but yeah, if it has any serious desire to become a shelf system (one that can be sold in stores and people pick it up to look at the back and check everything it can do + promot openpandora.org), it has to have a decent package

Who says there is a 'serious desire to become a shelf system'? For the first batch of 3000 thats not enough to put on shelves, so they need to see how it sells before deciding if there is any point designing retail spec packaging or whether to stick with internet etc distribution.

I don't care what the box looks like as long as it can do all the things 'they' are claiming it can do.

Yep, wouldn't bother me if it came in a see-thru baggy...

Sorry if you didn't figure out I'm just making a joke about the whole "Pandora's box" thing. :lol: It would be cool to have a Pandora collectors edition that comes in a Pandora's box looking box. Or to mod the Pandora to look like a Pandora's box. Though apparently the Pandora's box was actually a jar.

Ah, so Pandora was never open box. It was just ajar.

Couldn't resist. Had to quote that from old thread.
Can we have "Hope" printed in the bottom of the box, underneath the console?

[ That one, too. Nice idea. ]

I do like "Pandora. Open the box."

for resale would be nice, its an easy 10$ to add when/if the new colors come out, plus if we wanted to gift it to others.
its not like its going to cost any more, and theres plenty of people willing to help design it.

Back