What Dimensions Do You Think The "retail" Package Will Be

Hessiess said:
ricki said:
Confirmed: The box will be rectangle.
I'm pretty sure it will be cuboid instead of rectangle.
Unless its a solid block of atomically polished glass,it will have far more than 6 faces, so is not technically a cuboid, even a cuboid of atomically polished glass would have more than 6 faces, if the surface was magnified enough, so:

a cuboid is a mathematical concept for a shape which is physically imposable to create, due to the fact that atoms move around.

could we make a cuboid of matter in an einstein-bose state?

Last edited by a moderator:
GuchaRU said:
it should looks like "real pandora's box" for more coolness))
Could you post a picture please of "the real pandoras box" Just so we know what it looks like ta

I don't know either))) that's why I put it in "")))
thought, no one really know how the real pandora's box looks like, because it's myth as u know)

Phawx said:
We know the dimensions of the Pandora. What else is needed in the retail box?

AC/DC Adapter? It charges through USB only?

Stylus. Maybe they will ship the Pandora with the stylus in its bay or separate in a plastic package?

Maybe a manual? Or leaflet or CD containing the wiki and some software?

Is there anything else?

Do you think the box will be the same dimensions as a PSP box or a NDS box. Anyone wanna take a stab at what dimensions we are looking at and maybe we can fool around and come up with some concept art for the retail box?
I think the real question should be
Since we don't have any new information or the machine, can we think of any more irrelevant things to discuss while we are waiting, especially since the website does support 2 other machines that are out there already!

christo930 said:
...Since we don't have any new information or the machine, can we think of any more irrelevant things to discuss while we are waiting, especially since the website does support 2 other machines that are out there already!
Now I get your other thread...

Hessiess said:
a cuboid is a mathematical concept for a shape which is physically imposable to create, due to the fact that atoms move around.
Sure, you are right. I'm so stupid. Shame on me. :unsure: ;)

GuchaRU said:
I don't know either))) that's why I put it in "")))
thought, no one really know how the real pandora's box looks like, because it's myth as u know)
Much of myth is based somewhat in truth.
And it probably looked something like this.

Hessiess said:
ricki said:
Unless its a solid block of atomically polished glass,it will have far more than 6 faces, so is not technically a cuboid, even a cuboid of atomically polished glass would have more than 6 faces, if the surface was magnified enough, so:

All a cuboid is is a box. 6 sides. Thats it. Don't get all microscopic saying it has more than 6 because it isn't atomically polished glass. Cuboids are everywhere and are definatly not just a mathematical concept that is impossible to create.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuboid

Now a perfect cuboid, that is a little different. It is impossible to prove a perfect cuboid exsists, but at the same time is is impossible to prove the non-exsistance of such a thing. Now if Craig sent the Pandora in a perfect cuboid box, that would be something to write home about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euler_brick#Perfect_cuboid

the box will certaintly exist in 4 dimensions (time,x,y,z) but whether it exists in the other 7 is impossible to figure out

rather than a cuboid why not send it in a container that would be the 3 dimensional shadow of a tesseract

I am thinking that with as much awesome as will be in the box its shipped in. The unboxing of said pandora will probably play out a little bit like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQlzX7EyIwU

I am just going to have go sit here and wait till the second batch goes up for sale and then hopefully this time I will have money. :p

SOLGarion said:
Hessiess said:
ricki said:

All a cuboid is is a box. 6 sides. Thats it. Don't get all microscopic saying it has more than 6 because it isn't atomically polished glass. Cuboids are everywhere and are definatly not just a mathematical concept that is impossible to create.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuboid

Now a perfect cuboid, that is a little different. It is impossible to prove a perfect cuboid exsists, but at the same time is is impossible to prove the non-exsistance of such a thing. Now if Craig sent the Pandora in a perfect cuboid box, that would be something to write home about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euler_brick#Perfect_cuboid

If the box has interior faces(can be opened), it isn't a cuboid, because the interior faces would make it have more than 6 faces in total.

pseudomind said:
I am thinking that with as much awesome as will be in the box its shipped in. The unboxing of said pandora will probably play out a little bit like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQlzX7EyIwU

I am just going to have go sit here and wait till the second batch goes up for sale and then hopefully this time I will have money. :p

:lol:
That's so great, you've made my day :lol:

I am hoping for a box such that the convex polyhedron that best encloses the box is a hexagonal prism.

Why? Because hexagons are awesome. That's why.

I'm hoping for an icosohedron.

Because having the baddest-ass handheld in town is great and all, but packing it in a giant 20-sided die will absolutely cement my place in the pantheon of Geek gods. Among... these guys. Yeah!

ps. Magic Missile! Lightning Bolt!!

The Pandora box will not simply be 3D, it will have 10 dimensions just like Chuck Norris, you'll also need Chuck Norris to open it.

I really couldn't care less about the box as long as it protects my Pandora in transit. I do hope we have something more interesting to discuss next week...

Back