SoC: Back and forth!

Eh? Didn't they say in January the devboards should be ready next month (which was February)? Doesn't seem to be on track with the Timeline...

Well, let's wait and seen if and when these will really be available.

Eh? Didn't they say in January the devboards should be ready next month (which was February)? Doesn't seem to be on track with the Timeline...

Well, let's wait and seen if and when these will really be available.
No, he didn't. He said that they would start shipping them in Q1. Q1 lasts until the end of March. If they start shipping in April, that's a shorter delay than I've seen from a lot more reliable companies. (LG promised to push Android 4.0 to Google TVs in Q3 last year. No one got their update until November. And G2 users didn't even get it until January)

I understand the skepticism, tho'. I'm just keeping people up to date. You did mention before that we could follow the progress and see if something comes out of it.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, okay. I remembered Devboards would be ready one month later, SoC ready for mass production end of Q1, but I probably remembered that wrong. I've got too many things in my head :)

What?! You've already planned for Pyra 2 already? :D
Or possible another SoC upgrade  option.. Remember ED in the other thread said the Pyra will have the CPU/Memory and such on a Daughterboard. 

As mentioned, we're planning to put the CPU together with the memory and storage on a pluggable daughterboard. This saves money in production (since the mainboard will be two-layer and only the small CPU board needs to be more complex), and it adds the possibility to upgrade the Pyra in the future with whatever SoC / memory / storage will become available in the future.

Or the beginning SOC if it comes fast enough.

Ah, okay. I remembered Devboards would be ready one month later, SoC ready for mass production end of Q1, but I probably remembered that wrong. I've got too many things in my head :)
No problem. I totally understand.

On another note, I'd appreciate it if you would continue the PM conversation we were having about the buttons. It's been over a week since I last got a response.

-God Ginrai

On another note, I'd appreciate it if you would continue the PM conversation we were having about the buttons. It's been over a week since I last got a response.

-God Ginrai
You are really pushing for an answer.  :lol:   Not that I don't have question of my own, but I don't want to be too ( :p ) bothersome.

You are really pushing for an answer.  :lol:   Not that I don't have question of my own, but I don't want to be too ( :p ) bothersome.
Because I haven't gotten any response. I would be fine even with a "Sorry, I've been busy, I'll try to respond soon.", but he hasn't even given me that. Meanwhile, I see him make multiple posts in other topics, which honestly just makes me feel even more like I'm being ignored. For me, the most important thing is to have the 6 buttons in the right places. I don't want to end up getting the device, and always regret that it doesn't have the right button layout, all because it wasn't discussed early enough into development. And I know that's exactly how it will feel for me. I still regret that the Pandora doesn't have 6 buttons every time I pick it up.

-God Ginrai

Because I haven't gotten any response. I would be fine even with a "Sorry, I've been busy, I'll try to respond soon.", but he hasn't even given me that. Meanwhile, I see him make multiple posts in other topics, which honestly just makes me feel even more like I'm being ignored. For me, the most important thing is to have the 6 buttons in the right places. I don't want to end up getting the device, and always regret that it doesn't have the right button layout, all because it wasn't discussed early enough into development. And I know that's exactly how it will feel for me. I still regret that the Pandora doesn't have 6 buttons every time I pick it up.

-God Ginrai
Correct me if I'm wrong but, considering he's responsible for the entirety of this forum, it seems expected that ED would take more time responding to posts than to your PM's. There are a lot of us vying for his attention, each with our own "system-making/breaking" advice, it seems a bit rude to call him out on something like that, take it easy :)

I reply when I find the time, it's as easy as that :)
 Alright, sorry for the trouble. <.<

-God Ginrai
 Correct me if I'm wrong but, considering he's responsible for the entirety of this forum, it seems expected that ED would take more time responding to posts than to your PM's. There are a lot of us vying for his attention, each with our own "system-making/breaking" advice, it seems a bit rude to call him out on something like that, take it easy :)
I wasn't trying to "call him out". Rather, I was trying to get his attention.

@ShleeDragon: that's likely why he's very cautious about timelines now. ;)

-God Ginrai

Natsu, I'm not sure what you mean by that. "Two Months" was a reference to all the timeline shifting that happened w/ the original Pandora.

-God Ginrai

Natsu, I'm not sure what you mean by that. "Two Months" was a reference to all the timeline shifting that happened w/ the original Pandora.

-God Ginrai
He quoted ED who was talking about Allwinner's timeline. Saying they aren't on time.

Doesn't seem to be on track with the Timeline...
He said "Two Months" and then you responded.

Which made it seem like you was talking about Allwinner.

IK a bit of a stretch. :p

He quoted ED who was talking about Allwinner's timeline. Saying they aren't on time.
Yes, he did. And Two Months refers to the constant delays of the Pandora project. Hence why I read it as Shlee reminding him that he didn't exactly stay on track with the timeline as well. And that's why I responded to Shlee that those delays (from the Pandora project) are likely the reason why EvilDragon is being cautious about things like AllWinner that aren't already available.

-God Ginrai

Back