Some New Good News From Spain!!

wow! 0_o they really change fast the ad..but why?? i can say that yesterday the ad was so similar,but next to the first white gp32, you can see a black one..
why? a mistake or an error (they dont want to show it before time) i dont know,but the ad has a black gp32

Blood Cross will be released in May - I'm sure of it. I read an article on insertcredit.com a while back about it. Also its not likely that after developing and finishing the game they are going to just can it (?).

Same point goes for Goddess Saga too. They'll come out sooner or later, mind you Gameparks' business sense is practically non existent. :(

I'm sure they;d release every first generation game they could just to feed the need for games while they get others ready. Blood Cross is likly being translated right now(they said it was being held for the euro launch) so it would have to be a little slow to come out maybe it's being readied for the second wave of titles.

Wanting to have RPGs at launch is a good sign!

That add is fake anyway. Those are not the GP32s that are going to be released in Spain because they are no longer being manufactured; or did everybody forget about the GP32 re-design already?

Now that we've established that the add doesn't show the GP32s which will actually be released, we're left with the questions of

what will the Spain GP32s actually look like?

and

will it be an FLU or a BLU?

Nobody has answered this yet. illari keeps calling them FLUs while craigix has said that they are going to be BLUs for sure.

They're not the same thing, people; it can't be both! :angry:

Esn posted on Mar 16 2004 at 09:07 PM said:
That add is fake anyway. Those are not the GP32s that are going to be released in Spain because they are no longer being manufactured; or did everybody forget about the GP32 re-design already?

Now that we've established that the add doesn't show the GP32s which will actually be released, we're left with the questions of

what will the Spain GP32s actually look like?

and

will it be an FLU or a BLU?

Nobody has answered this yet. illari keeps calling them FLUs while craigix has said that they are going to be BLUs for sure.

They're not the same thing, people; it can't be both! :angry:
the ad itself can't be fake. or do you suppose it's been HACKED ONTO the official Virgin Play site? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
We dont know that the Euro units wont look exactly like this aside form the Black GP32 that was in the ad before. If you;re refering to that silver thing that showed up a while back, that was a PROTOTYPE model that they scrapped in favor of the design we have today.

As for FLU or BLU I'm thinking it'd be cheaper for them to release the FLU in mas production but that report of 4 horus battery life from Craigx sounds like it'd be a BLU.(uses more power)

My, how quickly we forget!

In the absence of another reliable source (sorry illari, but I'm assuming that you are just calling it an FLU because you don't know the difference between backlit and frontlit), I'm going to have to go with craigix... I guess it'll be a backlit unit after all, which will mean that it will be impossible to see in sunlight and that the screen will not be visible unless the light is turned on (I'm going from my experiences with a Game Gear and Sega Nomad here).

I'm not thinking of the silver model; I know what that is. I've been here since the days when HandheldHQ.net was the prime source of GP32 info... pretty sad, I know.

Nomad and GG were pretty old systems though, and it'd be pretty bad for them if they designed it with only a 4 hours life span. (with or without a rechargable battery.)

please read the blu and black post,really good news,with the old add (where you all can see the black gp..) and with some extra news,the gp32 it will not be flu,will be blu!! the rumours are true!!!!! OFICIAL VIRGINPLAY REPLY

Wouldn´t the spanish people translate the games into spanish? ASR in spanish wouldn´t help more then now...

So how is BLU better than FLU? :huh:

With BLU, the light has to be on ALL the time, or you can't see the screen!

Also, it means that you can't see the screen well in sunlight. This is true even for modern BLUs. When the sun shines on my computer monitor, it sure washes out the colours! :mellow:

another thing... the pack will include,for free, a little smc card with 64 megs, a new divx player (best perforance and compatiblity) and some new features,stay on!

Esn posted on Mar 18 2004 at 03:13 AM said:

Also, it means that you can't see the screen well in sunlight. This is true even for modern BLUs. When the sun shines on my computer monitor, it sure washes out the colours! :mellow:
I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean. Why is it harder to see on the screen when the Backlight is off, compared to a flu screen that is off?

Esn posted on Mar 18 2004 at 03:13 AM said:

That is easy to solve. Just keep your FLU unit to use in bright areas. Then buy a BLU to use in dark areas. A GP32 for every occasion! :)

Back