Something has gone wrong.

I know the Pyra isn't in production yet but I think things were learned from the Pandora that made this a lot smoother, doesn't everyone think so?

According to this review of a previous model you need to be connected to an android phone to even set an alarm. While you probably hopefully can run android on your Pyra, that's unlikely to be the main focus of it for a lot of people, which would preclude something like this, unless Huawei have seen the light in more recent times.
[doublepost=1530828033,1530827541][/doublepost]
A bit smoother? Yes. A lot smoother... not really.
It seems to me than MWeston did an amazing job in getting that mainboard done with only about five revisions (public ones at least) and got it all hooked up and working pretty damn well so quickly. Granted, a single core 600MHz part with POP RAM would have circumvented a lot of the problems that have been causing the Pyra team to scratch their heads for the past year or two, but the benefits of having an engineer with access to simulation software only occurred to this team relatively late in the project (or at least that's when it was offered to them).

A bit smoother? Yes. A lot smoother... not really.
The cases seemed to go a lot smoother, or at least it seemed like to me. I may have been following the Pandora a lot closer than the Pyra. I was at an age where I could let my whole life revolve around it where now I'm an adult. that could be it.

The cases seemed to go a lot smoother, or at least it seemed like to me. I may have been following the Pandora a lot closer than the Pyra. I was at an age where I could let my whole life revolve around it where now I'm an adult. that could be it.
They still took quite a while, but it is also a very complex thing. At least major language and cultural barriers were avoided this time by producing more locally. That certainly was a lesson learned.

Definetly stuff was learned from the pandora, but I guess a lot of stuff you just cannot predict. I think that's whats being learned from both projects.

but it can also be used as small Linux PC

I might get on board with this. I bought a Pi but USB 2.0 is trash, and then I got a CubieTruck but it's annoying to get going from scratch. Something that's "Pyra compatible" would be nice as a little torrent box, even if it had a CPU that's "bad" and has to be underclocked to work properly or some other such problem.

Back