Sony PSP Phone Pics

StalkS

Still Fresh
Website
www.retrovault.com
Pre release pics over at the Register. Looks impressive! (Even More Pics at ePrice)

There is already a wealth of damn good emulators on Android. I'll wait a bit longer (Another two months.. Ho Ho) but my 1st batch order my be scrutinised when the first reviews of this come out!

Quotes:

"The 'joysticks' are made from touchpads"

"The Xperia has a 4in multi-touch touchscreen and a 1GHz CPU and runs Android 2.3. The key application is PlayStation Pocket"

StalkS

Last edited by a moderator:
why do people keep calling things a ¨Pandora beater¨, I haven´t seen anything that comes close. Prove me wrong.

why do people keep calling things a ¨Pandora beater¨, I haven´t seen anything that comes close. Prove me wrong.

Well, there's...

Um, someone made this...

Err, they're coming out with...

I got nothing.

i'm just going to laugh when someone i know gets one of them, yes there's lots of great emulators on android, and that would certainly be better than fondly touch controls, but i'm yet to see a high end smartphone that can last more than a day of low usage, i'm betting on about 4.5-5 hours gameplay tops

why do craigx and evildragon have such a god complex when it comes to handhelds?

because the came up with the best console to date, therefor ´THEY ARE GOD´

the psp phone has been shown to have a 1500mah battery, if you use it with the phone/wifi off you should easily see 3-4 hours of continuous use like most other smartphones with similar specs. If you match the battery mah to that of the pandoras 4000mah battery I think you would see a comparable battery life.

while this doesn't have physical nubs or physical keyboard it's doing a good deal more than other handhelds is doing. It may not have all the features as the pandora but it has things the pandora doesn't have as well. 3g, gps, accelerometer. This is not an apples to apples comparison.

Once one of these actually come out I don't think you'd want to see a benchmark comparison either, I think it would be a little humbling.

A different option in the ways of handheld gaming that doesn't just suck, it should be seen as just that.

it looks quite nice.Wonder how good the touchpads are though.They are obviously seen as a replacement for nubs.

Still waiting for this (carrier dependent), but it really is no match for the Pandora... as far as games and freedom go!

the psp phone has been shown to have a 1500mah battery, if you use it with the phone/wifi off you should easily see 3-4 hours of continuous use like most other smartphones with similar specs. If you match the battery mah to that of the pandoras 4000mah battery I think you would see a comparable battery life.
The only thing I personally compare battery life in, is how long it lasts - in my book, I can't compare three to four hours to eight to ten. :p

(As an aside, the Pandora lasts me for at least seven hours or so under load, usually overclocked to 850MHz at stock voltage. It's even more if I'm just doing something like listening to music with the lid shut. :p )

Incidentally, I'm curious; Isn't the point of a telephone with WiFi, to have those features usable? What's the purpose in having to turn them off to do something a telephone shouldn't be doing to begin with? At that point, why use a telephone?

EDIT: Do pardon me, I completely misread what you were saying! I misunderstood that last sentence as one of those "It's a comparable battery-life if you consider that the battery capacity is smaller" type things. Sorry about that!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you can use the pandora without the built in wifi as well, I think you would run into similar level of battery drain if the pandora had a 3g cell modem. Hardware wise the pandora is a palm pre or moto droid without the radio and gps and stuff. On a 1500mah battery that came with either of those the battery is extremely less than stellar.

Just because the psp phone is labled and capable of being used as a phone doesn't mean you have to use it as one. Get a data only plan and its a 3g gaming mid, turn the cell modem off and then its offline/wifi only. Nobody says you have to use its phone functions.

People bought the 3g ipad to know it had the capability to do the 3g if they needed it to, I'm sure not all who bought it use the 3g constantly.

Android based gaming handheld, odroid only much much better

I wouldn´t call that a keyboard. I´d like to see you try to write something on that.

Except that it does have a keyboard, once which is infinitely more awesomer than the Pandora's. It doesn't have nubs though so I guess it loses in that respect...

you've obviously not tried the pandoras keyboard yet, it's gorgeous, sitting above cruddy membrane keyboards and those silly mac style ones :)

Back