Spys

I've been a lurker for about 2-3 years,and while I read most of the topics posted,I would be lying if I said I came on here to chat to you all.Like most of us,I'm here for the downloads :D (this is my first post) and I'm grateful there are sites like this one that seems to have them all.Saying that though,maybe if I can be botherd to learn to code,I would spend more time getting advice from you guys...and less time on my gp32_console 's....Yeah right :p

[/quote]
Actually a lot of the people with high post counts post in off-topic. Perhaps the concept of social interaction does not appeal to you, and you see this forum merely as a problem-solving or debate area with no sense of community. People who feel the need to post in every thread they read even if they can't contribute anything are indeed spammers, but I believe they make the forums somewhat more friendly, bump topics and prevent a utilitarian and exact discussion. This is not a hardcore board for experts only, we have a lot of newbies and it helps to be as friendly and active as possible.
[/quote]

Good point but most of them don't make it more friendly they jump in on newbie questions with "oh not this again.... thread closed" often without reading the question properly as per example I mentioned.

Of course you would never do this Rico :p :D

Last edited by a moderator:
...if I did, I apologise :)

One thing we as mods have definitely noticed is some unfriendly behavoir in some users involving 'search google lol' and similar replies, and we're trying to cut that down. Newbies should be treated with the respect and kindness they deserve ;)

Drag posted on May 6 2005 at 07:06 PM said:
I have a question, it's not really related to the topic, but why does everyone hate the PSP? Not really hate, but kinda avoid it? I used to be like that, but then I got one to play a game that I thought looked really neat (Lumines), and the game ROCKS! But yeah, the PSP is kinda blah, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of bass in the sound, the surface is super glossy (even on and around the buttons!!), which can only serve to get fingerprinted up, and yatta yatta yatta, but the game Lumines really rocks. It's the only reason I play the PSP. :D

I have a PSP and I like it. I still like the GP32 as well. They fill different needs for me. I also have a DS but am the least impressed with that.

I joined the board and posted the day after I decided to buy the GP32, about two months before it finally arrived. Been an occasional poster since. That and I've done a tiny bit of suggesting, and a bit of artwork for a game never made.

Oh well, it's the thought that counts.

:p

pea posted on May 7 2005 at 04:43 AM said:
Speaking of irrelevent comments and high post counts, how high is your post count now Lubidog? haha! Just teasing...

im in lurk mode right now - too much university work :D

hope to rejoin the human race after exam week

sPaCe :ph34r:

vic20-ian posted on May 6 2005 at 04:47 PM said:
I would rather have a sensible debate about an issue than a thread with 50 uninformed negative comments. If you want an example of this try reading a thread about whether it is possible to use bigger XD memory cards with an adapter. Lots of dross and a couple of sensible posts by people like Mr Spiv.

I think you'll find why people were getting so upset over posts with that question was because that exact same question kept coming up regularly every month. People can get rather peeved when they see the same thing over and over and OVER..... not saying that makes it allright though.

Oh look, I've been in lurk mode for a while now....

I lurked for about a month, during that time I was waiting to get a cheap Blu etc, then started posting when I had problems with GPcinema

Let me be the first to say...

"spies"

*twitch*

Having said that, I think I'll start posting. I've been lurking for about a month on these boards, so I still have some things to figure out.

AXNJAXN posted on May 8 2005 at 06:24 PM said:

"spies"

*twitch*

Having said that, I think I'll start posting. I've been lurking for about a month on these boards, so I still have some things to figure out.

nice sig!

Deleted User posted on May 10 2005 at 02:10 PM said:
AXNJAXN posted on May 8 2005 at 06:24 PM said:

"spies"

*twitch*

nice sig!

Ah thankyewverymuch

I read the boards a lot analysing the details, but I rarely post. Just remember I have files on every single one of you :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Back