Stop Telling Us You've Canceled Your Order

I am interested to know if they have cancelled and why, so i really don't have a problem with that. What I *do* have a problem with is them writing a bloody war and peace epic about it. It just needs something like 'I've cancelled my order, mainly just to get cash for an ipad which i want more' or 'I'm throwing a hissy fit because ED did not tell me what he ate for breakfast', Whatever, it only takes a line or two, and there are plenty of relevant threads around, so no need to keep creating new ones.

I really don't care about what others think, i agree with atomicthumbs. I don't care if you bought an iPad or you needed the money :p .
No one here is censoring, we like to hear all of your opinions about the device and AFAIK no thread was closed because someone didn't like the pandora. It's just messy to see lot's of "I've canceled" threads on the forum, keep them all in one place for those who like to read it.
I like to see any kind of opinions/reviews, good or bad.. I just don't care if you canceled.

And before i get called a fanboy, whatever.. I haven't even pre-ordered a pandora ;)

:p

Peace!

I would like to start seeing some "I canceled my canceled order" threads with reasons why. Such as Craig came to my house and said "You better cancel your cancel and stop acting like a monkey or else I'll re-cancel your canceled canceled." Something like that.

Most every time someone does this it's to create drama and try to cause an argument. It's trolling. No one cares that you canceled, if you need to tell the Team a reason you can do it just as well in the email you send to them asking for your money back, we dont need to know.

You're not special, but you're asking for attention like you are. Like children who get mad on a playground when they dont get their way and run off screaming or people who leave a message board, if you're going to leave just leave, dont post a thread that you're leaving because no one wants to hear it, and you're supposedly not going to be hear to read it and respond because you're leaving.

But of course it's not going to stop people by hitting them in the head with logic because they're trolling, but if you're not then you have no need to post about it.

Alpha2 said:
Most every time someone does this it's to create drama and try to cause an argument. It's trolling. No one cares that you canceled, if you need to tell the Team a reason you can do it just as well in the email you send to them asking for your money back, we dont need to know.

You're not special, but you're asking for attention like you are. Like children who get mad on a playground when they dont get their way and run off screaming or people who leave a message board, if you're going to leave just leave, dont post a thread that you're leaving because no one wants to hear it, and you're supposedly not going to be hear to read it and respond because you're leaving.

But of course it's not going to stop people by hitting them in the head with logic because they're trolling, but if you're not then you have no need to post about it.

Chill a bit man :p

Last edited by a moderator:
How about, stop telling people to stop telling people they canceled their order. (i'm kidding of course.)

The more I think about it, the less it makes sense. After years of sitting in line you at the last minute pull out and get a refund. Why? Are you that desperate for money? Is that 350 dollars/euros going to go a long way?

But if they do cancel, there's no reason why they can't post about it. Some people have waited years and pulled out just recently and were blasted for posting about it. Really? If you don't want to read about cancellations don't read, it'll get buried in a matter of days, not a big deal is it?

Just because you cancel though doesn't mean you have to tell the whole world. It's understandable if you're going to leave the forums..

that is all for now. now to get back to work.

To be honest, the eBay threads have been a lot more useful. If typically misfiled.

Mofokubik said:
The more I think about it, the less it makes sense. After years of sitting in line you at the last minute pull out and get a refund. Why? Are you that desperate for money? Is that 350 dollars/euros going to go a long way?
I think it's because there have been reports of quality that the cancelees have not been happy about - certainly that's what's been there in a number of them. Waiting years for something that's perfect is one thing, but waiting years for something which isn't is obviously another for those who have cancelled.

RenegadeChic said:
yeah, i really dont care if someone has cancelled their order. hundreds of people have cancelled why do a select few feel the need to say so? the only one i didnt mind was borgqueenx since theyve been a pretty solid member of the community so it was more of a goodbye than a bitch and moan. theres no special or new reason for people cancelling so its irrelevant, so its jut trolling. i think those posts should be closed or even deleted as there is noone here who wants to read them.

Thats exactly what it feels like. The Pandora is a solid good device and apart from glitches, the bitching has come without substance.

Please take your emo elsewhere. Your getting it all over my jacket.

laharl said:
we should have a "I'm canceling" sub forum :D

Merge it with an eBay forum, and there'll be a lot less spam in the general forum. This idea gets my approval.

craigix said:
I'm amazed people didn't just wait for their unit and ebay it.
Or, to at least hold it before shipping it off.

I too am puzzled on the canceled orders.

I mean come on it's not that far away! I waited two years and have mine. And am very pleased with it so far. Every week it just gets better and better to me.

It's not that close either. For those at the back of the queue, I expect it will take months before they receive their units.

craigix said:
I'm amazed people didn't just wait for their unit and ebay it.
Of the 500+ Pandoras shipped, there have been 5 sold on ebay, so apparently most people decided to keep theirs. I assume the people cancelling are at the end of the queue.

Agree on a separate "Cancelled" thread would be good and just bung all the posts in there. I for one am interested in why someone would cancel as I'm definitely not cancelling.
I haven't seen that many cancel threads, compared to "I got it" or "It's great" threads.
Also agree with what another poster said in the vain of "..if your not interested in why they cancelled, then don't read.."
Nothing wrong with a bit of balance.

I think it would be much nicer of the pre-order owner to sell the pre-order to a fellow forum member as I'm pretty sure OPT will get a small charge for every cancellation due to card fees

Back