DO NOT have Your Pandora yet? Tell Us Your Order Date!

If you DON'T have Pandora - Tell us your order date! -- Preordering starts exactly at 2008-09-30 14:

• I got my confirmation email before 2008-09-30 14:30 UTC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • before 2008-09-30 15:20 UTC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Actually, I've been lurking here since not long after the project was conceived. It's just that I decided to wait until they were starting production before ordering, that way I wouldn't be out of pocket for too long.

If I was to ask about getting one without nubs, and having the nubs sent to me when the problems were all overcome, would they do that? Thinking about what they're used for, I doubt I'd really use them - that's if I'm right in assuming they're used to control the mouse and as analogue game controls.
Ah, you're pretty much the same as me.

AFAIK the nubs get attached to the boards in the US factory, so I wouldn't think it would be possible to get one without them. You should've joined the one nub club a couple of months back :p

Ah, you're pretty much the same as me.

AFAIK the nubs get attached to the boards in the US factory, so I wouldn't think it would be possible to get one without them. You should've joined the one nub club a couple of months back :p
Damn and blast it, then.

What's with the nubs, anyway?
Nubs are like nipples. They're the sexy part of this beast. :p

I not too sure if I'll use them for gaming but as a mouse on the desktop it's going to be very handy.

Are you not planning to use the beast as a mini-PC? This appeals the most to me.

Nubs are like nipples. They're the sexy part of this beast. :p

I not too sure if I'll use them for gaming but as a mouse on the desktop it's going to be very handy.

Are you not planning to use the beast as a mini-PC? This appeals the most to me.
Yeah, but I'll just be using the keyboard, and the touchscreen when I need to, I'm a keyboard shortcut man.

But gaming was a big reason why I wanted it; emulators suck on the DS. I want to be able to play all my old games on it.

I'm still disappointed. Today was my twenty-first birthday (ten minutes ago), and no news. Nothing. Where are they pulling these dates from? 18 October? I'm not convinced they'll make and dispatch three thousand units in four weeks.

Yeah, but I'll just be using the keyboard, and the touchscreen when I need to, I'm a keyboard shortcut man.

But gaming was a big reason why I wanted it; emulators suck on the DS. I want to be able to play all my old games on it.

I'm still disappointed. Today was my twenty-first birthday (ten minutes ago), and no news. Nothing. Where are they pulling these dates from? 18 October? I'm not convinced they'll make and dispatch three thousand units in four weeks.
Happy Birthday! Shouldn't you be out celebrating? :blink:

I'm not convinced they'll make and dispatch three thousand units in four weeks either, that's why I'm not going to be disappointed if they don't. As I said before the dates given are best case, i.e. everything runs exactly on schedule with no hiccups (which, as I'm sure you know, just doesn't happen around here). I believe that's all OPT team can do, because you can't factor in everything that could go wrong... actually, now I think about it, you probably would get quite an accurate estimate that way :p

Happy Birthday! Shouldn't you be out celebrating? :blink:

I'm not convinced they'll make and dispatch three thousand units in four weeks either, that's why I'm not going to be disappointed if they don't. As I said before the dates given are best case, i.e. everything runs exactly on schedule with no hiccups (which, as I'm sure you know, just doesn't happen around here). I believe that's all OPT team can do, because you can't factor in everything that could go wrong... actually, now I think about it, you probably would get quite an accurate estimate that way :p
Thanks - I'm going out tonight instead. Just a couple of pints with a couple of friends.

I'm just becoming disheartened. I payed up in May, like I said before, and I've been completely skint for a couple of months, now. I've come really, really close to canceling my order a few times.

By the time I've got mine, all the technology'll probably be thoroughly obsolete, and I'll be buying the equivalent of the time - 2015's Cray Pocketmajig.

My payment was made November 27, 2008. Still no sight of it.
I paid (not payed :) up in March...2009. I class myself as a newbie. :p

Many happy returns Mark. Welcome to retro manhood. ;)

The October date was more an expectation (based on what the the Board company's expectations) than a promise.

The latest nubs are better but still not up to scratch. I reckon this adds two weeks to any previous "expected" dates, ED pointed out that the board companies processes could move quicker than that. We'll see.

Waiting is a part of the whole Pandora experience. If I just bought one off the shelf I'm sure I'd take it for granted and not love it nearly as much.

Waiting is a part of the whole Pandora experience. If I just bought one off the shelf I'm sure I'd take it for granted and not love it nearly as much.
I agree. If everything had gone to the original, as in 2008, plan I would've probably just bought one off the shelf as soon as they were available in 2009 and never really started hanging around this community.

You don't just buy the Pandora, you buy the experience :D

I agree. If everything had gone to the original, as in 2008, plan I would've probably just bought one off the shelf as soon as they were available in 2009 and never really started hanging around this community.

You don't just buy the Pandora, you buy the experience :D
So true. I was working out a few months ago that I'd only spent £24/month on the Pandora. Rather good value methinks and the best of it is that it is getting cheaper the longer I wait. :p

Today's my birthday, and I opened up my inbox this morning. Right next to my mother's "Happy Birthday" message... a shipping notification!

So, I've removed myself from this poll. B)

Today's my birthday, and I opened up my inbox this morning. Right next to my mother's "Happy Birthday" message... a shipping notification!

a happy birthday to you my friend! the pandora (or the confirmation email) is a really nice gift for your birthday! :)

anyways, may i know when did you order your pandora? thanks! ^_^

We're almost up to 1:45. Looks like of those that didn't cancel, the first 1000 were still within the first 2 hours.

Makes you wonder how many people actually canceled from that initial 2 hour time period, and how far back I would have been (sitting at almost the 4 hours mark) if they didn't.

What a good birthday morning you had :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm...

Isn't/can't there be a box on the website, saying how many have gone out so far, and how many have been made? That way I'd feel a little more like I'm getting closer to getting mine, because there seems to be little progress going on, and no way of seeing it unless I email in and ask how many've gone out.

Back