Super Mario 3 Bug On Gpfce 0.4 R171

pder

I was playing this game the other night and noticed on the first stage of world 4, the ground is missing along with other graphical glitches making the level unplayable.

I tested the same rom with gpfce 0.2 and it works correctly.

Anyone else able to reproduce this?

pder said:
I was playing this game the other night and noticed on the first stage of world 4, the ground is missing along with other graphical glitches making the level unplayable.

I tested the same rom with gpfce 0.2 and it works correctly.

Anyone else able to reproduce this?
Yeah. Never got past that :(

Last edited by a moderator:
it also does this on some levels in Mario Adventure and a few other hacks

Yep, this is a confirmed bug. Not sure if Notaz intends to fix it. Your best bet is to play SMB Allstars on a SNES emulator. It should run pretty well.

naples39 said:
Yep, this is a confirmed bug. Not sure if Notaz intends to fix it. Your best bet is to play SMB Allstars on a SNES emulator. It should run pretty well.
Yes, it's planned from long ago but I just can't get to really do it. Hope to take a look at it this week..

notaz said:
naples39 said:
Yes, it's planned from long ago but I just can't get to really do it. Hope to take a look at it this week..

Thanks that would be great, SM3 is one of my favorite NES games. Thanks for everything.

DaveC said:
notaz said:
naples39 said:

Thanks that would be great, SM3 is one of my favorite NES games. Thanks for everything.

Hi guys. any hacks or updates available for this yet? sorry to seem impatient - completely stuck!

Thanks to all involved in this great emu :)

midget35 said:
Hi guys. any hacks or updates available for this yet? sorry to seem impatient - completely stuck!
I've fixed this yesterday, will release after a few more tweaks.

notaz said:
midget35 said:

Notaz - sir - you are an absolute legend

Awesome Notaz!! If you're checking out other bugs, one thing I have noticed is that I get a gray screen when trying to load Metroid.

notaz said:
midget35 said:

Great! Thanks for that, this is a great emu getting better.

naples39 said:
If you're checking out other bugs, one thing I have noticed is that I get a gray screen when trying to load Metroid.
Couldn't repro, bad/hacked ROM?
Both (U) and (E) versions work for me.

notaz said:
naples39 said:
If you're checking out other bugs, one thing I have noticed is that I get a gray screen when trying to load Metroid.
Couldn't repro, bad/hacked ROM?
Both (U) and (E) versions work for me.

It's one of the stranger bugs I've ever encountered. I just did a whole bunch of messing around and found that the (U), (PC10), and (U)(o1) usually work if unzipped, but do not work zipped. The (E) rom seems work either zipped or unzipped. All my roms are zipped the same way so it's very strange that Metroid would be the only game affected. Not sure if it's worth your time to figure it out.

Back