Surprises with the pandora

Let's all share some stories of how your Pandora surprised you!

I have only had mine for a few days and today I tried a few things for kicks that actually worked surprisngly well...

Youtube & Pandora through FF 4 Beta 10 waaayy better than expected! It had always sounded like youtube (not minitube) wasn't working that well, but I played a few videos and they played smoothly (couldn't get full screen to work though.) Also tried Pandora (the music thing, not this device) and that is playing right now splendidly

When I first got my Pandora I was pleasantly surprised of...

- How solid the actual hardware is! Best built! Best I've ever held and had the pleasure of owning!

- How awesome SM64 was and how awesome Mupen64 was as a whole

- How awesome and perfect PlayStation games were via PCSX-ReARMed

- How bright and awesome the screen was...best screen on a portable console ever!!!

- How awesome the sound was. It was llllloud!!!

- How easy it was to figure everything out

- How user-friendly it was

- How easy it was to connect to the internet via WiFi. FireFox rocks!

More to come...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the biggest (good) suprise for me was how easy it is to type on the keyboard with decent speed. I can get a good 40WPM when I don't need to use special characters, and I've only had my unit for just over a fortnight.

I've had my unit for about a day, and now I cannot live without it. That is what suprised me, it was love at first sight.

I've actually began to use mine as a full work laptop replacement for when I'm on call. All I need to take care of work is to take my tether capable cell phone and the pandora. If I get a call, I can handle it.

How well the keyboard really works. I was expecting it to be good, but I eventually ended up coming to the point where I am now writing a novel on it, exclusively.

How well the nubs worked for moving the mouse around (I don't use the stylus much)

How usable the Keyboard actually is and also how well keyboard shortcut work (using shoulder button)

How stable the OS is.

Audio-out as well as built-in speakers are above expectation

Mass Storage mode :D

Using the USB port to link to phones to "root" them :D

How capable it is as a laptop. Playing GTA2 on a Playstation emulator is fun, but who'd have thought you could do office work on it? Also, the number of browsers available is quite suprising. I believe we're on about a dozen, compare that with the iPhone's two. Mind you, in an ideal world the Pandora would have Opera Mobile too.

Back