Sweet Jesus Kick A Baby: Pandora Eta Need Info

Exophase said:
How"s GBA emulation performance? ;p
GBAs are going for about $25-$30 on ebay. Instead of buying some Chinese player thing with questionable performance, why not, and I know this sounds totally crazy, actually buy the system you're interested in emulating? Especially if it's just a temporary hold over until the Pandora ships.

Last edited by a moderator:
'WizardStan' said:
'Exophase' said:
GBAs are going for about $25-$30 on ebay. Instead of buying some Chinese player thing with questionable performance, why not, and I know this sounds totally crazy, actually buy the system you're interested in emulating? Especially if it's just a temporary hold over until the Pandora ships.
I'm pretty sure Exophase was joking because he did a GBA emulator... :p

'WizardStan' said:
'Exophase' said:
wat

From the empiric scientists point of view, the formula for the release date of the pandora is ETA={currentDate}+2months.
While the ETA seems to be variable, the formula in it self is static for 5 months :D

'Alpha2' said:
If the Dingoo is anything like the Onda line, prepare to be sorely dissapointed. The Chinese players all claim to have these wonderful levels of functionality with dozens of codecs like AVI,FLV,DAT,MPG, etc., but ultimately you`ll probably find out the firmware doesnt support half of them even if the hardware could decode them, and when they do work you have to have a certain resolution or combination of audio and video codecs or it simply wont play. Sometimes you`ll have tree videos all encoded the same way and one doesnt work for some reason. They`ll say there`s support, but what they really mean is they gave you a disk with a crappy conversion program that`s probably still in chinese or badly translated that you`ll need to run them through before you can play them.

Of course I have no doubt that you can play plenty of games on it though.
This is exactly the reason I have not ordered one of these mp4 players. Basically you get what you pay for. There is no name on them, absolutely no support, documentation is in Chinese or converted to English so poorly as to be unusable. Menus are often in Chinese. The batteries are usually cheap and can expand and crack the board or the screen (I've seen this). They also generally "feel" cheap. The buttons are usually stiff and not really suitable for gaming. Then you have to wonder what they mean by "up to" and "supports" when talking about resolutions and codecs. Often they have a built in camera that takes pictures worse than a cell phone. I'll take my GP32 or 2X over any of these mp4 players. At bare minimum, at least we have gp32x.de to support each other. The chipods don't even have that, unless you get together based on chipsets which may be different from chipod to chipod.

Chris

having played more time with it now, i think with a bit more improvement with the emus this can be a great handheld punisher cps1 runs really well AND GBA games run really well.

lol i also bought a gizmondo i might throw that at the little baby

Tinnus said:
Impossible. That would make sense, and there is no room on the internet for logic!

'WizardStan' said:
'Tinnus' said:
Impossible. That would make sense, and there is no room on the internet for logic!
Wrong. The Internet is like Inverse String Theory. Instead of seeming logical on the outside and being made of completely random and illogical workings on the inside, the Internet is illogical on the outside, and made of logic on the inside. (code)

-God Ginrai

'Tinnus' said:
'WizardStan' said:
'Exophase' said:
Did the one they're using on that handheld, no less. Hence my interest.

God Ginrai said:
Wrong. The Internet is like Inverse String Theory. Instead of seeming logical on the outside and being made of completely random and illogical workings on the inside, the Internet is illogical on the outside, and made of logic on the inside. (code)
I thought it was blueberry filling on the inside. Those cheap bastards lied to me!

pessimistic: May (my birthday, again waiting it looks like it could be)
realist: april
now impossible: march (4 weeks for mass production which hasn't even begun yet)

march was my optomist date but im not shifting my standards yet again <_<

:pandora1:

Back