Talks From A Assembly Company.

WizardStan said:
Stop spoiling my fantasies with your well reasoned arguments. :(

I hate it when people do that, don't you? Damn those people who insist tha tLynd aCarter has aged, and wouldn't be interested in me anyway! As for those who insist she didn't get to keep the costume... that's just plain MEAN! :(

Craig could have used one that MWeston patched and sent him for testing :) Or he could have soldered on a resistor himself because he got bored, or he could be planning on sending it to one of the many pre-orders who have said they don't care about WiFi speed! Maybe even some of the factory-patched boards have made it to blighty and it was one of those! Many things are possible, reason is only useful so long as it's fun. Nothing should get in the way of a good fantasy.

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Owners of companies are always looking to fill the next gap in someones schedule or market. This guy just told you what you wanted to hear. And now you've actually posted it here too. Just as the "owner of the company" has wanted you to do.

Unconvincing BS.

sverm said:
VRAndy said:
Has Mexico suddenly shifted onto the South American continent?

[satire]I'm from Canada and we get a clear and complete picture of how all US people are through the tiny aperture of society referred to as a device called "Television". Whenever I hear a US citizen say the expression "America", in my head this translates to the "United States" of said "America". Because when they say "North America" they mean "Canada" (meaning "North" of "America"). Therefore when they say "South America", they mean everything "South" of "America".[/satire]

We love our neighbors to the South and can take a joke just as well as the next guy.

Blame Canada

I bet when this scene from the South Park Movie played in Canadian theaters, it got more laughs up here than it did in US theaters.
How's it goin', eh? We love you, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNRlcjz3acU

EvilDragon said:
We have at least 8 people assembling Pandoras - so how slow should they work?
Bordering on off-topic, but I hope that once the fabled webcam feed appears, once in a while someone will yell "We're working too fast!", causing everyone on the assembly line to move in ultra-slow motion for a bit.

As I understand it some of the boards they have were pre fixed by the factory so it's entirely possible he put together a fully working Pandora rather than one with the broken wifi.

It would be really nice if Craig could go ahead and start shipping a few of them prior to Wednesday, just to get the ball rolling. I'm near the end of the list, so it doesn't really affect me, but wow...Imagine, what would it feel like to be that first customer to receive his or her Pandora?

Apparently Iceland's volcano is spitting at us again, so that dampens the mood at couriers and airports and stuff :(

If I would be Craigix I had set everything ready at the second where all the parts had arrived. ;)
So in our Example Friday, which means the first assembled Pandoras would be done exactly on this friday and alrewady on its way to the customers. :)
But I guess, OPTeam is still not in a hurry. :rolleyes:

fusion_power: I guess that this will be more about MWeston arriving. And MWeston stayed that he fly when he will sure that all parts (especially all parts of case) are ready and assembling can really start. OK. MWeston may fly last week and start repairing wifi. But if cases arrive without somthing (let say keymats) then he can fly back to Canada and maybe can't be back on real start.

spaceballs3000 said:
torpor said:
I've also worked for an electronics assembly firm, and I can tell you that none of the problems the Pandora people have encountered are particularly strange, weird, unique, or different - sure there has been some degree of management responsibility for the errors and screwups, but based on existing work - over 2 years worth - the Pandora is 95% done. The last bit of work, the last 5%, is what will get the product in our hands, and I wouldn't imagine it taking any longer than 5 weeks to get it all sorted - probably shorter, but based on my personal experience - and not hearsay - this is a conservative estimate to completion of the first 4000.

So, basically, you can take your hearsay and shove it. Pandora is going to be in our hands soon enough, and its been a lot of work to get here already, which simply should not be discounted by some gossip with so-called 'experts' who have no interest in making a positive appraisal of the scene .. ...

Well it's been 5 weeks now, is the conservative estimate of completion of the first 4000 done?

So Torpor, it's been about what 8 weeks now, what happened to your conservative estimate of 5 weeks for all of the 4000 Pandora's being done?

why was this bumped

also 8 compared to 5 weeks not bad

what about the 2011 estimate ;)

spaceballs3000 said:
So Torpor, it's been about what 8 weeks now, what happened to your conservative estimate of 5 weeks for all of the 4000 Pandora's being done?

So spaceballs3000, it's been about what 8 weeks now, what happened to your ridiculous estimate of not seeing Pandoras until 2011?

See, being a dick works both ways.

Exophase said:
spaceballs3000 said:

So spaceballs3000, it's been about what 8 weeks now, what happened to your ridiculous estimate of not seeing Pandoras until 2011?

+1

It shouldn't be locked. The thread isn't older than three months and if this drops off the first page without causing a bitchfest, he might lose interest.

Exophase said:
spaceballs3000 said:

The 2011 was for shipping all 4,000 Pandoras, just not the first one :)

The 2011 number that I mentioned on is off since I didn't have all the details to pass on, but curious how fast are they making them? As I see people posting about not getting their shipping notice, and they say they are under the 500 mark. It's been how many weeks now since they been assembling them?

I would have thought the Pandora guys be more open about how many units they they made/shipped already. But the fact they don't really post about it, means to me that if they disclosed it, that it wouldn't be viewed as positive.

spaceballs3000 said:
The 2011 was for shipping all 4,000 Pandoras, just not the first one :)

The 2011 number that I mentioned on is off since I didn't have all the details to pass on, but curious how fast are they making them? As I see people posting about not getting their shipping notice, and they say they are under the 500 mark. It's been how many weeks now since they been assembling them?

I would have thought the Pandora guys be more open about how many units they they made/shipped already. But the fact they don't really post about it, means to me that if they disclosed it, that it wouldn't be viewed as positive.

SOME people under the X mark aren't getting them. They haven't been strictly following the order positions they've been claiming, for whatever reason. Pandoras have been built for maybe 2-3 weeks now, not 5 or 8.

Back