Tea, Earl Gray, Hot , the big tread about your morning drink

What do you want to drink?

• Total voters

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
Hallölle,
Because my Coffee Mugs on the "What dit you buy" Thread lends to a Discussion about "Is Coffee from a Machine the right one? I decided to make this place now our place to go for everything that fits in a Pyra or other Mug ^^

You have a couple of interesting options there.

Assume "Bear" is "Beer" ... I would be too scared to try drinking an actual bear.
Is "Met" "methylated spirit"?!
Post automatically merged:

You also forgot Coke: coke and pizza used to be the stereotypical fuel for programmers, but guess that might be redbull or something now (to burn the midnight oil)

• Haha
Reactions: rSl
No, Met is the good old Honey Wine, (Wine is no emulator), the Vikings, Old Germans, etc, and Visitors of Mediivel Rock Festivals drink this quite a lot ^^
Bear means Beer in my not that professional English ^^
But i would assume, the Old Germans where that Baddass, and drunk Bears ..
Maybe i can edit the Poll ..

Met translates to mead

I have quite some dried peppermint from the garden, so I make tea from that, add a little lemon juice.
I also like Meßmer Earl Grey, it has added cardamom flavor.
Or sugar reduced chocolate drink powder in blistering hot milk.
But I always drink at least half a liter of water after getting up.

I normally start my days by drinking water but sometimes I drink orange juice instead.

I think that water ought to be on the poll, it's a pretty popular liquid. Maybe orange juice too, supposedly many drink that in the USA during breakfast.

Also, what's the difference between "Nothing from them (Make a Post)" and "Something else"? They both seem like options for people who consume liquids that are not on the list.

I'm not that keen on earl grey. I don't see the point of drinking water spiced with bergamot with your tea. I find lady grey less offensive to my taste buds, but since I got my moka pot it's been coffee all the way.

What I eat/drink for breakfast depends on what I have in the house + whether I can be bothered with breakfast at all.

Today I bought a breakfast roll from a local shop (sausage, bacon, fried egg + tomato in a bread roll) + drank some milk. Yesterday I had some tortilla chips and cheese spread + some lime flavoured diet coke. The day before that I didn't bother with breakfast.

I think that water ought to be on the poll, it's a pretty popular liquid. Maybe orange juice too, supposedly many drink that in the USA during breakfast
Actually filtered water (tastes better filtered) is what I drink most of the time, and I'm fairly unpredictable what I drink if it's different (can be green tea, earl grey, coffee, black tea,etc). Only exception is I usually like to treat myself to a decaf cappuccino at the end of the week.

Tea, English Breakfast Tea Twinings. white lite milk and 1 lvl spoon of raw sugar.
dont talk to me until i am at least half way through..lol

• Haha
Coffee, always some dark roast variant, in a Travel Mug as I head off on my hour drive into work, sometimes I add Sugar and Milk if I have time for any of that.

Staff only buys me decaf instant coffee, and after a recent bad incident with caffeine, I'm now inclined to go along with it.

I was looking up the effects of drinking decaf just now. Apparently it raises cholesterol, which is bad, as I'm already on two cholesterol medications. They also say it can make you gain weight if you add cream and sugar to it, but fortunately, I drink it straight. The real problem is, caffeine helps people lose weight, and I'm no longer getting that benefit.

Actually filtered water (tastes better filtered) is what I drink most of the time, and I'm fairly unpredictable what I drink if it's different (can be green tea, earl grey, coffee, black tea,etc). Only exception is I usually like to treat myself to a decaf cappuccino at the end of the week.
We have filtered water too, but it's in another room than where I normally get my water so I normally drink peasant tap water. At least it does not contain fluoride.

currently i'm in love with an handrolled wild keemun tea.
(this tea was the key ingredient of the english breakfast blend before it got reformulated using assam and ceylon leaves)

Small Update on my die original Pyra Mugg where the handle broke : according to my mom, at the day of the accident, the handle broke whiteout applying force from outside, the mugg was lying in the water and the handle broke off..
this is strange, but well, I have now 1 Pyra Mugg as a Tooth Brush Gurgling Mugg whiteout Handle, and 3 new ones ^^

It's not uncommon for the glaze at the edge of the handle to crack, either in the firing process or just in carrying liquids, I'm not quite sure. If the clay underneath hasn't been fired properly or is terracotta or something that's still porous, if you soak it for too long that clay could swell and pop off, but if that's the case then I'd expect the entire handle to have become ever so slightly floppy, so only one end should come off.

Last edited:
I don’t know, i wasn’t there when it’s broke ^^ , but I hope the 3 new one last much longer ..
These are cool muggs, and the Pyra Symbol looks great and quite geeky....
i bought the old one some years ago I think when I also bought the Revo GBA ..

Back