Teaser. (More Info to Come)

you got that as a background on your panda!? sweet :)

congrats for getting a panda, btw!

Last edited by a moderator:
so what are we looking upon something like 20$ + the content? 40$+the content?
I still have to make the final calculations and conversions in dollars but that would be less than 20 dollars I think + the value of the contents (could be cheap if only sweets) + shipping (depends on where you are in the world).

I'll try to make this very reasonable.

Yeah the images are a bit big and distracting, you can wrap the images in spoiler tags..

I can do it too, but figured I give you the chance if you're still editing your post.

Random first impression - first application I launched (after the QuickStart Guide) was SuperTuxKart. The default controls were awful; we should fix that :p
Hum, you are right. I was sure I had put correct default controls, but no, it's still the unusable Up to accelerate and so on ! I'll have to fix that (I thought I had already done it).

Congrats on your new acquisition and enjoy !

Yeah the wallpaper to match the box art is a nice touch.

Good times jA_cOp :)

I think we're looking at a whole new business plan here. "Random stuff from"

Create a couple of categories like

-sweets

-herbs

-canned food

-sauces/chutneys/relishes

-having a hard time getting out of the consumable department  :)

and you can copy/paste this concept in any country in the world.

I used to have a serious hot sauce collection and albeit my current one isn't what it used to be I'm sure that if something like this existed it my friends would order a couple for my birthday.

Also people abroad who pine for some stuff from the motherland could use it, or family can gift it to them and have it sent over. With a nice wrap and everything it could work greatly.

I'd imagine having a central website taking a % of each order and a local franchise taker in every country that takes care of the orders and keeps the remaining profit. With a feedback system they can be kept "honest" Could also be a great system for some fair trade stuff from third world countries etc.

Ok done derailing this thread, my apologies!  :rolleyes:

Hi,

Just got my Pandora from ekianjo a couple of hours ago!

Works out of the box. Love the wallpaper! :)

Really happy with ekianjo's service. He's been thoroughly helpful all the way through. The package was really nice and professional, and it was really nice I could get it only a day after it shipped, which would not have been possible with the other stores. I hope I can find someone among my friends who will also be interested in getting a Pandora!

Random first impression - first application I launched (after the QuickStart Guide) was SuperTuxKart. The default controls were awful; we should fix that :p

Next, I had prepared a Micro SD card with all my music on it, so I put it in an SD card adapter and plugged it in as well my ATH-ES7 headphones, then fired up Deadbeef. I've always been impressed by the crisp sound of the ES7's, but never has the audio quality been this good! Awesome!

Really cool that the SD card came preloaded with free games and carefully selected software - he also charged it for me, since we knew the shipping time was going to be very short. It was truly plug-and-play :)

Finally, I'm looking forward to the availability of the TV-Out cable, and I hope it will be stocked in ekianjo's shop; I'd order it right away (maybe other goods too, such as known Pandora-compatible DisplayLink adapters?).

Thanks, ekianjo! :)
Thanks for the nice comments! Glad it arrived so far and I managed to ship just at Midnight before the post office closed :)

As for the TV-cables, I will surely have them in my shop once they are available. I expect most Pandora owners will want one in the near future :)

Glad you liked the wallpaper - that was created by the awesome Traylorpark ! Guys if you really need to do some artwork one day I can heartily recommend him, he's an excellent artist. :)

Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome to the community  jA_cOp !  I'm jealous of that box and I'm really looking forward to traylorpark releasing those special wallpapers at some point...wow.  Looks sharp.

Looks awesome. Congratulations on getting your pandora, hopefully you'll enjoy it!

Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome to the community  jA_cOp !  I'm jealous of that box and I'm really looking forward to traylorpark releasing those special wallpapers at some point...wow.  Looks sharp.
You'll be able to order such a box with stuff from Japan if you PM me and find someone else who does so too :) currently 8 people registered their interest to do so, and I said I'd  do it if there are more than 10 people interested :)

People who don't have a Pandora and who are out of Japan, and who want to order from me will be able to do so as well.

It's probably not going to be the cheapest way to get a Pandora (ED in Germany and Link in the US will be probably cheaper and both have great service too), but you'll be able to get the Japan edition this way too if you really want it.

^ I think you already have my PM from yesterday, but I do have a question on the box itself.  I think that traylorpark said that the cover art is printed on a cardboard sleeve that wraps around the box.  Question is, that looking at jA_cOp's box, the box itself might be made out of wood?  That's a costly and yet an aesthetically pleasing option you chose.  Are you planning to use wooden boxes for all of the Pandora distribution within Japan?  That can't be cheap...

Yeah. Its all wood, and its on purpose (^o^)v

The Pandora has become expensive in Japan because of the exchange rate and theres no way it will sell here if you dont give it a pricey image. Hence the box design and wooden box.

And to answer your question, yes, all Pandoras in Japan will be packaged this way and I have secured my sources.

My daughter is very much into manga and anime stuff.

She loves everything japanese :)

So - yes a box with random sweets would be something! :wub:

(PM is following...)

Yeah. Its all wood, and its on purpose (^o^)v
The Pandora has become expensive in Japan because of the exchange rate and theres no way it will sell here if you dont give it a pricey image. Hence the box design and wooden box.

And to answer your question, yes, all Pandoras in Japan will be packaged this way and I have secured my sources.

Okay, that does make sense to me.  Obviously you have a pulse on the Japanese consumer - and an unique insight into how best to proceed over there.  The Open Pandora is in good hands.   :)

Back