Test-Run of the 1GHz Pandoras happens today (2012-07-05)

This runs already at around 7fps and more on a devboard, a bit more should be possible :) .

Thats nice :)

If it could hit 15+, then some games like 2d rpg's (Eg black Matrix) could be playable on the pandora 1ghz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got a confirmation mail that my 1ghz unit will be dispatched today.

Tnx team :D

Now its time to race Wrath of Khan :D lets see if Irish postmen are faster then Dutch Postmen :)

Now its time to race Wrath of Khan :D lets see if Irish postmen are faster then Dutch Postmen :)
Not if the irish postmen make a pubstop!! :lol:
Mine will arrive at my parents place so it will be thurs/friday before I can collect it. Boo Hoo

Not if the irish postmen make a pubstop!! :lol:
Mine will arrive at my parents place so it will be thurs/friday before I can collect it. Boo Hoo

Drinking during delivery, i fear the worst for your pandora.

Thurs/Fryday doesnt sound bad, i dont think it could arrive much faster if you would receive it directly.

ooops i forgot another question about another emulator that could beneift from the new processor...a nintendo ds one? :)

ooops i forgot another question about another emulator that could beneift from the new processor...a nintendo ds one? :)

Maybe around 10 FPS on an overclocked 1ghz unit, because it ran 4/5 fps on the 600MHZ unit the last time i read a report about it on this forum.

I think NDS is one of those emulated systems that benefits from multicore systems, considering that the NDS has multiple processors.

The P1 is a single core system, but the P2 will be a multi core system.

the p2?so there will be a new pandora?or we're talking about the new that will be out?

the p2?so there will be a new pandora?or we're talking about the new that will be out?

The 1ghz unit is the pandora 1.5:)

The pandora 2 is ways off, its still in planning stage, and wont be produced before the end of 2013, so most people wont get it until 2014.

^^^^^Yeah and the p2 will rock big time. Till then we have the shiny new 1ghz pandys. Uae-2.o tv-out video is the first emu vid i will make.

^^^^^Yeah and the p2 will rock big time. Till then we have the shiny new 1ghz pandys. Uae-2.o tv-out video is the first emu vid i will make.

Yup, agree, cant wait till i have it, will pile it with massive amounts of software, never again shall i be bored on the road :D

well with a dual cpu i don't see why emulating the ds and the dc would be a problem.Heck,maybe i can finally play some win 95 games on the road with the virtual machine :)

Dual CPUs won't solve much (if they would even be used).

However I'm pretty confident any P2 will have superb PC emulation, as well as presumably Amiga 040 emulation.

well with a dual cpu i don't see why emulating the ds and the dc would be a problem.Heck,maybe i can finally play some win 95 games on the road with the virtual machine :)

I don't think that will help DS emulation. DeSmuME requires a beefy computer to run full speed. DS emulation really needs someone to take it on and write a new emulator that targets low powered systems.

Just bought some new 2x8GBs + 2x16GBs in addition to actually finding my long lost 8+16GB SD cards that I bought for my initial preorder many years ago. I think I was about #130 in the new queue, how many weeks off should it be before my precious will ship?

EDIT: Awww yeah. I'm number 115.

Just bought some new 2x8GBs + 2x16GBs in addition to actually finding my long lost 8+16GB SD cards that I bought for my initial preorder many years ago. I think I was about #130 in the new queue, how many weeks off should it be before my precious will ship?

Just a few i think.

Back