The Caring Corner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I find myself in a rut (like recently), I try and find a project to carry out. My next one is going to involve (hopefully) fixing a faulty DSLR I won in an eBay auction yesterday evening.

See, that is what I thought I would do, so I have shelves to put up and furniture to move. I got one shelf put up the other day.

How come you say this is not what he meant when my sentence just says _me too_ ?

When I find myself in a rut (like recently), I try and find a project to carry out. My next one is going to involve (hopefully) fixing a faulty DSLR I won in an eBay auction yesterday evening.
I'd advise you not to set your expectations too high with respect of the DSLR by the way. I saw a video of someone taking one apart to remove an internal filter over the sensor, and I couldn't believe the amount of stuff in there. Just little pcbs crammed into every crevice, all hooked up to each other with lengths of ribbon cable.

The fault with it is that one of the compact flash connector pins is bent, so hopefully it'll just require a bit of careful manoeuvring with a flat bladed screwdriver, like what I used to do with ide device/floppy disk drive connectors.

My depressive episodes are similar. A total apathy to just about everything there is which leads to an inability to initiate anything or enjoy anything.
I tend to try small steps. Low threshold stuff, passively watching a stream or movie not because I enjoy it but because it distracts me a bit from thinking/feeling.

Hard to escape, but I somehow manage every time (eventually, it can take a few days). I apparently have the tools I need to escape a crisis, now I need to find how to avoid one.

The fault with it is that one of the compact flash connector pins is bent, so hopefully it'll just require a bit of careful manoeuvring with a flat bladed screwdriver, like what I used to do with ide device/floppy disk drive connectors.

Update: A couple of pins fell off so it ended up getting disemboweled (would cost more than worth to get fixed), the internals were less interesting than I thought they would be. Also I now need to get Idoha another birthday present.

Update 2

Last edited:
I've been there... Regarding the depression and complete lack of interest... I've told the story, a few times.

I'm bored with that.

Honestly, the usual arguments...
I'm lonely... Can't get a girl/partner...

If you WANT to be made happy by what humans are conditioned into pursuing (what all the cool kids are doing)... Then really, get use to being depressed!

I have no friends... Literally, like *none*, and a girl? Hahaha....

The lack of friends or partner doesn't make one depressed...

*Wanting* friends and *wanting* a partner is what makes one depressed...

Really, you want to sort this shit out?
Decondition yourself. Make yourself OK with being alone until you die... ACCEPT it...

... and then find that life is pretty fun regardless, and that now people want to spend time with you, even though you are like 'eww... You are contaminating my me time!'

The way I see it... You accept yourself as a human being - you are swallowing a conditioned AND competitive *falseness* of being.

Reject being human, reject having any place in society, reject whatever *needs* within you that would drive you to 'compromise'... Or negotiate or barter.

Reject it all!

You are not human, that is simply a transient circumstantial *fact*, you will get over it... It just takes concerted effort to *not* follow your programming.

There is no place in society... Any position or place in society is transient and an illusion on so many levels, why waste your existence feeding a lie?

Your *needs* are programmed into you over generations to condition and guide you into being a more successful human being...
Hoho... Now you know those needs are LIES... You do not want to be a human... Ignore those lying genes... Reprogram yourself.

I don't know about any of you, but I'm feeling fantastic!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

One phenomenon that I've been experiencing for a shortish while now, is whenever Idoha gets overexcited about something the body creates a boat load of adrenaline which gives me the shakes. It doesn't seem to affect her, which isn't annoying at all. /s

My depression is currently trying to force me to feel bad (like usual), I'm not putting up with any of its crap though. This time it's got a fight on its hands. :mad:

My depression is currently trying to force me to feel bad (like usual), I'm not putting up with any of its crap though. This time it's got a fight on its hands. :mad:
I had that mindset over a week ago and I still haven't recovered from it. In other words, I am feeling pretty good :)

It's keeping trying to bother me but it's weakening. I'm fighting it by listening to music that I enjoy and thinking about how I am actually worth something and that there are things to look forward to. Idoha is also helping by making me chuckle like a lunatic. One of the main reasons that I want to beat my depression is so that she has a good life, she certainly deserves one with all she's had to put up with.

It is not entirely gone for me either, but so far I am winning. For me playing music, games and watching videos that I used to enjoy did the trick. Best part is that now I actually enjoy them again (I didn't at the time).

And hey, you are worth something. Best of luck with the struggle.

emilysquotes-com-learn-knowledge-teaching-wisdom-inspirational.jpg

What if I fall face first into a bear trap while learning? Wouldn't the trapper technically have stopped me, regardless of how determined I was?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back