The emulation scene seams to have hit a rut?

sound, frame rate functionality of the panda is awesome - the fact that it runs so well already just has me excited about the next round of emu updates can't wait mupen64 compatibility and speed to get worked on. oh and FBA as well. the scene is not dead, it just rides the waves

it will look and sound better on the Pandora.
Yeah, I agree. I've found Pandora to be the cream of the crop when it comes to emulation, overall quality.
Yeah i know what you mean screen quality is quite a jump from the dingoo and caanoo case in question look at space harrier on the caanoo lookat the ground the pandora is way beter, this subject as a whole was actually refering to emulation as a whole not just the pandora just wish mame 106 could be optimised would like to see dragon blaze work and taito f3 hardware fullspeed rayforce on the go theres a thought.
Yeah, Dingoo and Caanoo are sh*t in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it is just you.

There is only so much retro-emulation to go around. That and the fact that there were many crap games made on those older systems. These systems might be too difficult to debug for proper emulation, let alone have enough games/ROMS worth playing.

For example,,... how many good games would you say the cd-i, 3do, pippin or gizmondo had?? Even the Jaguar had limited good games.

I don't know maybe they would be worth emulating for the sake of being able too. Unless it has been done already and i am not aware :eek:
I think a CD-i emulator would be nice just for the novelty value. Sure, the games are crappy, but they're memetically crappy.

Another retro emulator that would be nice is a PC-98 emulator that can play the old Touhou games. Which Neko Project II running through GINGE cannot do.

Back