The flight has been booked

francedeal.png

It would be a hell of good PR if the bombwarning makes it into the media, just to be corrected for just being parts of the upcoming pyra.

Reactions: rSl
anonymous call to airport security? "long haired individual smuggling suspicious hardware... possibly an anarchist."
what's a couple of days detention compared to the great publicity we could get ^^

The DP-Logo is higher than wide, the proposed PYRA logo would probably be wider than high.
IIRC the leds are placed up and down a bit from the centre of the logo.

Yes it sure could be done, but getting it to light up evenly might pose some challenge.

For someone who really doesn't like the logo it sure is a great opportunity to mod it.
If ED brings some Lids toplay around with I could think of some mods.
- mill a rectangular hole into he lid and make a custom inlay, desolder the LEDs and make a little very thin PCB that connects to the original LEDpins and places LEDs wherever you want...
- not to mention a Custom made carbon fiber Lid (which the will of course carry my logo ;-) )

But honestly, both variants should work... (depending on complexity, with different effort)

Guys. I don't think we'd want any fear-mongering publicity of the sort that you see on TV nowadays. Because we would NOT want those terrorists to know about this device and get their hands on it and misuse it for bad purposes! So easy to smuggle through the borders... Given that it'll be a low-volume selling niche device we don't want for that to happen, do we?

It's too pricy for terrorists.

heh, the oil-price may be down, but the saudis
for shure still have the money to make it that
"standard-must-have-jihad-commdevice" no real terrorist
can (ok shortly) live without. ;)

maybe one clever terrorist-hacker can even get the pyra
lte-module sending signals to reprogam nearby us-drones
to get them fly back to the airforce hq and drop their load?
this tech is sooo dangerous these days, a little bit like
pitchforks and knifes back in the day...

cool image!
thanks mister killer-bee-drone-operator!

are there any information on the virtual terrorcamp
(also called: the internet) about terrorist usage of
pandora controlled killer-bee attacks?
;)

I want bees!
But they aren't officially permitted in my area. We're technically allowed to have an apiary unless someone files a formal complaint and then we have 24 hours to get rid of them, it's not worth the risk. :(

wow cool,
so these are the legendary pandora controlled
*koeller-bees* all the international terrorfighters
are always warning about!
(as we know from the snowden cache) ;)

have a safe trip ED... If I may ask, what's the SSD mentioned below? Google kept insisting I don't know solid state drives :$

he checked the sync output generated by the SSD and could confirm it sends sync signal each frame which we can use for tear free rotation with some software tweak.

have a safe trip ED... If I may ask, what's the SSD mentioned below? Google kept insisting I don't know solid state drives :$
It's a rotator chip, that rotates the output image from landscape (which is the way the software provides it) to portrait (which is the way the screen needs to process it)

It's a rotator chip, that rotates the output image from landscape (which is the way the software provides it) to portrait (which is the way the screen needs to process it)

Thanks for the clarification Bosbeetle, this chip is used so no extra load is put on the CPU/GPU, right? Is there a way to disable it from software? Like if you intentionally want to use the Pyra in Landscape for some reason (reading books maybe?)

Back