The port request topic

nobble said:
I think a nice port of Step Mania would be nice if we could use a usb ddr pad and the tv-out feature. It would also be fun using the d-pad. It would be like a portable arcade if someone uses on of those generic joypads on a tv. Oh I can't wait for the second batch of pandoras to come!

Not quite Stem Mania, but Beat2x more than likely will have a Pandora release, and IIRC the GP2X version supports USB pads already.

Yes Beat2x is good but not to play with dancepad ^^ Beat2x only use 1 button press at a time

Is it impossible to port torcs? Cause we definetly need race games on this device!

It would probably take some effort to move TORCS from OGL to OGLES, but it shouldn't be impossible at all.
IIRC, TORCS is NOT a racing game at all. It is a high-tech automobile driving simulation.

And it is not fun. And not a game.
It is not fun. O_O
It is more like Gran Turismo. Traumatically realistic.

I actually never played it... but I prefer sims like Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, rFactor, ...

But these games are not open, so to think about a port is... redicoulous

Still, I would love to have some driving games, maybe I will have to use the PSX emulator for that.

Anyone thought about GL-117, an open action flight sim? :)

LastPucho said:
Chanting... Pickle Juice, Pickle Juice, Pickle Juice! :lol:

argh! I have been summoned from the pickle jar of despair!
Let me take a look.

I have been looking at maryo chronicles, I think I can get it going once I get all the stupid library requirements compiled. That boost library took forever to compile....

See if you can't fix the annoying one-key-at-a-time random bug they were having too. It seriously hurt my first impressions of Maryo. Edit: Actually, chances are it doesn't exist anymore, since I haven't played it in almost a year now.

Morrowind! Hey, there is a OpenSource Morrowind project in development called OpenMW and I recently spoke with it's creator and he is interested in the Pandora and would like to see if OpenMW could be ported. This is what he said to me:

nkorslund - Nick said:
Hey David,

You're actually not the first person to ask about this. I'm very supportive of porting OpenMW to the pandora if it's possible, although I don't own one myself so I won't be able to do the 'grunt work' on my own. More specifically I would need someone who actually owns one to take the time to download, compile, run and test OpenMW and report back.

Looking over the Pandora specs I think it's very possible that it will run OpenMW, but the engine might need quite a bit of optimization before running comfortably.

Let me know what you think!

So... How about it?

For more info: http://openmw.sourceforge.net/jaws/

I have a "special" request, actually.
I've been working on a fully featured 2D-oriented, data-driven, opensource game engine that currently runs under Win32, Linux (x86) and MacOS X(ppc/x86) called orx.

As the engine uses plugins for all platform-specific features, I wanted to write ports for other platforms including Pandora. Unfortunately, maintening and improving the engine on the already available platforms is very time consuming.

So basically, I'm looking for interested people to help me make the Pandora version, or even to be completely in charge of this version.

If you want to have a small glimpse about the engine's capacities, here's a small particle test I quickly wrote to showcase the data-driven side of orx.

You can change presets using mouse clicks or up/down arrows. You can also change the presets or even add new ones on the fly, ie. without having to restart the executable. The zip file contains the source + the win32 binaries. If you want to try it on other platforms and don't want to compile it yourself, please have a look at the 11th tutorial for the tutorial packages, as it's very close to this test.

Not sure if it was better to post here or in the dev section, so please let me know!

Any feedbacks/comments/suggestions are more than welcomed! :)

i did a search and no one has mentioned beats of rage!!

http://www.lavalit.com/

openBOR.png

would be awesome to see on the pandora!

Back