The Rabbit Joint

CongoZombie said:
Ahh, I dunno. I find Budweiser alright for chilling out with. I'll tell you what does suck though. Carling. And Fosters.

Best beer: Staropramen.
I secretly quite like Bud actually, I just enjoy bashing American stuff for no reason.

Fosters isn't so bad (as long as it's ice cold), and Carling is cheap and cheerful - it's the UK equivalent of Pabst Blue Ribbon I think. I'm thirsty now.

I prefer stouts. Guinness is probably my favorite.

Now there's a man with taste :)

Last edited by a moderator:
A restaurant actually served me a bottle of the draught a few months back. This is extra strange because I don't look 20, I look ~17. They didn't card :lol:

Anyway it tasted like crap. Like watery crap. It's Extra Stout or bust, imo ;)

daclassicgamingmaster said:
Guinness is ok, it's my default beer whenever I go to a restaurant because it's usually the only porter/stout any place carries, but there are tons of better porters out there. Rogue's Mocha Porter and Chocolate Stout are both pretty good. O'Hanlon's is not bad, and I had an excellent English chocolate stout recently but I forgot what it was called. I've got Yukon Espresso Stout and St Ambroise Oatmeal Stout in my fridge at the moment. My current fave is still Mill St. Breweries' Coffee Porter, but you might have a tough time finding that down there. I'd recommend finding a specialty beer shop in the area and buying random six packs every couple of days, it's always fun to find new beers.

Ravnos said:
Guinness is ok, it's my default beer whenever I go to a restaurant because it's usually the only porter/stout any place carries, but there are tons of better porters out there. Rogue's Mocha Porter and Chocolate Stout are both pretty good. O'Hanlon's is not bad, and I had an excellent English chocolate stout recently but I forgot what it was called. I've got Yukon Espresso Stout and St Ambroise Oatmeal Stout in my fridge at the moment. My current fave is still Mill St. Breweries' Coffee Porter, but you might have a tough time finding that down there. I'd recommend finding a specialty beer shop in the area and buying random six packs every couple of days, it's always fun to find new beers.

This issue I face is buying it...I'm not of age yet ;). Trying to find decent beer is pretty rough when you cant buy it. I'm usually stuck drinking lousy heineken or miller at parties, cos you kinda take what you can get :(

10 months and I can buy it!

I forgot about the US's ridiculous drinking age laws. Seems kind of stupid to have a minimum drinking age of 21 when most people do it from age 16 or earlier.

Bah... you guys haven't been wasted in Germany yet. Staropramen really is good. Real Pilsner! And then there is always Becks. It's a beer brewed in Bremen, northern Germany. If you drink beer and you do not like Becks then you probably don't know what the hell beer is supposed to be like! Honestly, if you can get Becks from somewhere, try it! My favourite of them all.

xnopasaranx said:
Bah... you guys haven't been wasted in Germany yet. Staropramen really is good. Real Pilsner! And then there is always Becks. It's a beer brewed in Bremen, northern Germany. If you drink beer and you do not like Becks then you probably don't know what the hell beer is supposed to be like! Honestly, if you can get Becks from somewhere, try it! My favourite of them all.

Hey, I live in Bremen(erhaven.....)

Ravnos said:
I forgot about the US's ridiculous drinking age laws. Seems kind of stupid to have a minimum drinking age of 21 when most people do it from age 16 or earlier.
I read about something the other day. Apparently, some states are debating lowering the drinking age to 18, as it would likely prevent some underage drinking and binging (since it would be legal to buy it).

Then again, if alcohol weren't illegal at all, I believe most deaths would be avoided. What's the alcohol-related death rate in France? Isn't it legal there?

Legal from 16 in France I believe. Becks is pretty good, are we talking Vier or standard? We have both at the pub I work at.

Spitfire10.jpg

:D

Ravnos said:
I read about something the other day. Apparently, some states are debating lowering the drinking age to 18, as it would likely prevent some underage drinking and binging (since it would be legal to buy it).

Then again, if alcohol weren't illegal at all, I believe most deaths would be avoided. What's the alcohol-related death rate in France? Isn't it legal there?

Alot of state senators have debated it but in the end it doesn't matter due to a retarded act that the US gov. passed in the 80's thats says you will lose your highway funding if you lower the drinking age.

Back