The Rabbit Joint

Does anyone know if Reciever got banned?
x68000 wouldn't answer http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/53765-r-i-p-gary-coleman/page__view__findpost__p__862920.

Last edited by a moderator:
quote said:
Does anyone know if Reciever got banned?
x68000 wouldn't answer http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/53765-r-i-p-gary-coleman/page__view__findpost__p__862920.
Probably. It's a shame, I miss him :(.

Crunchwrap said:
Probably. It's a shame, I miss him :( .
He kept me company in OTD... in his own special hateful and trololol way.
He'll be back I hope. The mods were quick to ban him this time (if they did). Methinks the mods are getting more aggressive with the arrival of pandora noobs and spammers.

I missed eurovision this year :(

I could watch it off the internet or something, but that'd just be sad.

I'm getting really sick of Craig's bigheaded holier-than-thou attitude.

I saw today that he's slamming GPHs newest console. Pretty much because it's a legitimate competetor to his console.

And then I saw this tweet:

Isn't it nice that the Pandora is built in England, and not, oh I don't know, Foxconn?

Bravo craig, bravo. Maybe if it was made in Foxconn, it wouldn't have been such a black hole of money, delays and disappointment. The guy who died of exaustion today was one of 800,000 workers. Do the maths, that figure is less than the US or the UK.

Pull your head out of your arse, because as long as you continue to act in this childish manner, I will not be buying a Pandora.

There are still the other devs, though. Luckily ED sells in my country. He is a really nice guy.

Nova said:
I'm getting really sick of Craig's bigheaded holier-than-thou attitude.

I saw today that he's slamming GPHs newest console. Pretty much because it's a legitimate competetor to his console.
Did you read the whole thread? It was pretty infuriating how, as soon as he started getting pwnt by Peter and Orkie, he pulled out some retard meme (which was wrong) and said nothing more on the matter. To be fair, that's probably what he was aiming for.

Edit: He's not stocking it.

Nova said:

Really?

A repack of the WiZ, which it's self was not much more powerful then the gp2x, hardly a competitor.

You seem to enjoy ol' Steve Job's products, and we know how much of a nice guy he is! ¬_¬

(naw)mcx said:
Really?

A repack of the WiZ, which it's self was not much more powerful then the gp2x, hardly a competitor.

You seem to enjoy ol' Steve Job's products, and we know how much of a nice guy he is! ¬_¬
It's a competitor in the market, not in specs.
Think about how many Wiz's would have been sold if the Pandora wasn't announced.

quote said:
(naw)mcx said:
Really?

Think about how many Wiz's would have been sold if the Pandora wasn't announced.

I probably would have just bought a PSP and hacked it instead of a Wiz. If it wasn't for Open Pandora and Wikipedia, I would have never wound up here.

Jourdy288 said:
quote said:
(naw)mcx said:
Really?

I probably would have just bought a PSP and hacked it instead of a Wiz. If it wasn't for Open Pandora and Wikipedia, I would have never wound up here.
By 'Market' I mean niche open source console. Sorry, but a hacked PSP is just no substitute for what you would buy the Wiz for.

(naw)mcx said:
Really?

Not all code was bottlenecked on the Wiz. For native games it was quite a bit faster iirc.

quote said:
(naw)mcx said:
Really?

Not as many as you think. I was already set to pass on any follow-up to the GP2X when the Pandora was announced, and in the configuration they were originally discussing, I would not have bought that either. The Wiz was no different. There were a lot of GP32 owners who passed on the GP2X because it wasn't enough of an upgrade to the GP32. I felt that way about the Wiz, and I doubt that I'm alone. The Dingoo is much more of a competitor for the Wiz, offering similar capabilities at a lower price. On top of that, there are more than a few people who were frustrated with the GP2X's build quality and wouldn't have bought a Wiz on those grounds. The Wiz would have wound up in roughly the same niche whether or not the Pandora came about, it might have seen a few thousand more sales but realistically it's not like it would have conquered the world if there was no Pandora.

And a hacked PSP is very much a substitute for what the Wiz offers. What does a Wiz do that a PSP doesn't?

(naw)mcx said:
Nova said:

Really?

Have you ever seen Jobsy refuse to sell someone a macbook because he didn't agree with them? I've not.

And yes Stuart, as an Apple user, you know how I enjoy the same old thing repackaged in a pretty new form ;) .

But seriously, you cannot comment on the spec because it hasn't been released yet. All we know is that it's backwards compatible with the Wiz, which is awesome.

I'm a Wiz owner, and was a PSP owner. When money became tight, I sold the PSP. There's a reason for that. The Wiz is a definite upgrade over the PSP (Homebrew-wise) and the GP2x, don't knock it 'til you try it.

I for one am very psyched for the caanoo. Hope they change the name though.

Yeah, I find craig's attitude annoying as well. And yes, the Wiz would have sold better without the Pandora, but there's quite a bit of truth in the opinion that the more there are open source handhelds the more people know about them and buy them.

That said, I won't be getting a pandora either, not because of craig, but because I can't stand that section of the forums. It's just full of blind fanboyism and generally juvenile attitude that I find annoying. And the fact that I use a phone a lot more than I use a separate device, so I'm better off investing in a phone then a secondary device.

The sad part is that if I switch completely to phones, I'll have to look for an another home on the net. :(

Back