The Rabbit Joint

iprice said:
I emailed ED about being made a MOD to help moderate (ie remove spam) from here
While I appreciate the desire to help I'm not sure adding more mods will help solve the problem: there'd still be floods of spam and someone would see some of it, even if it was only up for a few minutes. These spammers aren't looking to get people to click on their links, they're flooding forums with words and links to improve search results, all they need is to hit it at just the right time for google to sweep through and index the pages. And if it doesn't they don't care, they're spamming dozens of forums an hour, as long as a few stick they'll make their 10 cents or whatever.
What would be best is if new users were automatically put on moderation queue. The spam no longer gets out and approving legitimate messages in a timely fashion IS a problem that can be solved with more mods.
Fleeseidiotte said:
One god knows! е
Not sure if spam... -_-

WizardStan said:

I emailed ED about being made a MOD to help moderate (ie remove spam) from here
While I appreciate the desire to help I'm not sure adding more mods will help solve the problem
WizardStan said:
One god knows! е
Not sure if spam... -_-

I wasn't sure either.

Adding extra mods isn't going to hurt either. But it's too late now :D

Is this a matter of needing to upgrade IP Board or is gp32x targeted by spammers?

alxm said:
Is this a matter of needing to upgrade IP Board or is gp32x targeted by spammers?
It comes in waves. Basically every single post originated from China so I would suspect it's the work of a team of humans working for table scraps, and not some bots to be thwarted by upgraded software.

btw: Is anyone (who's still around here from time to time) able to host some of the files on a server? 
I'm pretty sure a lot of the files here are already lost, since not every file was uploaded to the openhandhelds.org site.

How would you go about getting those files back? There aren't exactly many users now who could contribute missing files - names, games, info, help, images and other media have been lost over the years. We've probably lost an awful lot more than we could possibly imagine :(

Nice, this place is still up! I had to do a search on the openpandora boards to discover ED's post about the new .de domain, but I guess it's possible to find via Google. People are mostly just going to assume the site's dead when they try .com  :(.

I might have a read/search around the site tomorrow to get some nostalgia feels. Anyone got a thread or two to recommend? When was this site at its height, I wonder, in terms of discussion and development? Probably around the time of the GP2X F200 for GPH stuff, and Pandora planning after that?

First post in 1.5 years!

Edit: The Wayback Machine's got a few good archives, it's nice to recognise all the past deigns of the site.

Hello, hello, hello

Is there anybody out there,
is this the last time I have to say goodbye,
Am I staring at my future,
Is it time to take charge of my life,

Is there anybody out there
Am I swimming through this empty sea alone,
Am I looking for an answer,
or am I trying to find a way to get back home,
Is there anybody out there.

This thread began with a discussion about Big Brother right after mentioning in the same post how much more mature the off-topic area has become? Seriously? :D

Back