The Rabbit Joint

Xian Long said:
PlopperZ said:
I just got back from an AC/DC concert. Absolutely amazing.
AC/DC is always absolutely amazing.
Agreed. Especially live. This summer's been good for concerts here. We were supposed to get Aerosmith and ZZ Top a couple weeks ago; but Steven Tyler is a dumbass and fell off a stage :(

Last edited by a moderator:
PlopperZ said:
I just got back from an AC/DC concert. Absolutely amazing.

At around 10:30 I went to grab falafel and I could hear it from my apartment. I live on the other side of downtown from the stadium. I would have loved to go but I never spend more than $50 on concert tickets unless it's an all-day thing.

Edit: A friend just sent me this. I'm probably one of about 3 people here who give a shit, but fucking seriously. The NHL won't let Balslillie buy the Coyotes for $212 million because he wants the team in Hamilton, and the counter-offers are $60-70 million less? Why won't they relocate the god damned team? It has been hemorrhaging money for over a decade, it's time to move it somewhere where it can actually make money and have real fan support. Hell, moving it back to Winnipeg would probably be more profitable. And speaking of, where was all this concern when the Jets were being sold in the first place? When a city has a rally with thousands in attendance, the NHL says "fuck them", but in the desert where they think ice is just something that gets put in your drink to keep it cool, it's a fight to keep them from losing their team? God damn it, fuck you Bettman.

Sorry about the rant, I realise most of you don't give a shit about hockey but I had to vent.

I saw The Offspring the other day in London. They still have it, and that pleased me.

Xian Long said:
the closest gig to me is at houston, texas... and i live in california :(
:(

I feel for you, fellow Muse fan :).

Liking the new tracks? :D

pandora said:
Liking the new tracks? :D

kind of, MK Ultra, Exogenesis, a few other tracks sound really good, but i don't like the more "pop" like tracks so much.

but, they're only 30-second clips, the songs can change a great deal. and muse songs always sound better the more you listen to them.

Exogenesis is gonna be epic.

Guiding light sounds like the worst so far, but you're right, they're only 30 second clips.

...and we seem to have turned the dCube into a boring conversation that no one else will give a shit about :D.

So, is Anthrax going to be any good? They are playing with slipknot and the black dhalia murder (both of which i am not a fan) so im wondering if i should go?

BTW, front row for AC/DC was pretty awesome!

Username said:
I'm going to see this.

Don't care much for Dethklok, and I've never heard of Converge, but Mastodon and High On Fire are amazing.

Get Jane Doe by Converge, it's probably their best work. The rest of their discography is good too but that's where they peaked. They get labeled as "metallic hardcore" but don't mistake them for some shit band with tight jeans and bad haircuts singing about ex-girlfriends over a muted low-E chord. They're pretty fast and spastic and the music can get pretty intense. I am pretty excited for that show, when my friend told me "Dethklok's coming" I said "meh." Then he told me who was coming with them and I was about 100x more excited.

Username said:
I'm going to see this.

Don't care much for Dethklok, and I've never heard of Converge, but Mastodon and High On Fire are amazing.
If you haven't heard of Converge, you have missed out on some great stuff. Check them out immediately!!!!!!!!!! They are incredible. I am not so much into metal but I listen to a lot of hardcore and converge is legendary. They fuse hardcore riffs and drums with metal and psychadelic influences. They call their style chaos-metal and it's very intense. One of the most sophisticated metalcore bands in my opinion. Look them up on myspace or youtube, I am sure you will be blown away. I've got their live DVD "the long road home" but have unfortunately never gotten the chance to see them in concert. Their stage performances are pretty cool.

Edit: lol, Ravnos beat me to it...

I wish I had money for concerts again.

Been thinking of blowing some dough that I don't have to go see:

http://www.aussiefloyd.com/

Anyone ever been? I heard it was a great show.

Back