The Red Barron Has Crash Landed And Needs Help

GameKing

Still Fresh
The Red Barron has crash landed and needs help
I have never done this before so here goes, due to living on a disable benefit I have had to selling all my toys just to exists I am wondering and hoping if someone would be kind and generous enough to donate to me a GP2X Console I was hoping that someone getting a Caanoo would have one to give
I am just one step away from a nursing home
Thank you
Red Baron

080410-st-spock-bemused.jpg

I'm sorry but I don't think anyone is going to give you free stuff.

I don't know the nature of your disability but if you're incapable of working it's your government's responsibility to provide enough for you so that you don't have to sell your stuff to be able to afford living. If part of that includes being in an institution then that's a call they're more qualified to make than we are. The money you'll get from selling your GP2X is not going to make any kind of long term difference towards your living conditions, or really much of a difference at all so I don't think I really see the point.

And don't take this the wrong way, but people might not have the easiest time trusting you and believing your story, or believing the best in it provided the lack of details. Your history of constant impulsive selling then regret and/or reacquisition better fits the profile of a drug addict desperate for money for a quick fix than someone with a stable, permanent living situation.

Red Baron, you could try hanging around on freecycle to see whether any decides to get rid of some handhelds! http://www.freecycle.org/group/AU/

I'm not even sure he's being serious; he says he crash landed, and that's what caused a disability.

I'm really not sure what to make of this.

Nova said:
I'm not even sure he's being serious; he says he crash landed, and that's what caused a disability.

That was a pun. He's the Red Baron. You know, named after the fighter pilot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exophase said:
Nova said:

That was a pun. He's the Red Baron. You know, named after the fighter pilot.

Oh, yeah I get that. He just didn't seem very serious, what with joking about airplane crashes causing his disability and whatnot. I'm just questioning whether or not this is all just a joke or not. Because if so, it's morally the worst thing yet that the Baron has done.

How in the world are you reading him claiming that the metaphorical crash landing caused his disability?

He's just saying he's in a bad situation and needs help... I doubt it's a joke. I'm also kind of reeling at your post about morality coming so soon after your post about not having morals, of course it's just amusing, I'm not saying nothing ;p

He has indicated serious problems before, so I don't think it's meant as a joke. On the other hand you can never be sure on the interwebs.

Exophase said:
How in the world are you reading him claiming that the metaphorical crash landing caused his disability?

He's just saying he's in a bad situation and needs help...

Are you aware of this guys history?

He buys every console that comes out, only to get bored and sell it a few weeks later. This isn't a sign of someone with money problems.

He also posted in the other consoles section recently saying he had developed a hack that would make piracy impossible on Nintendo devices, and he claimed recently to be able to program in machine code, despite asking some questions which contradict this elsewhere. All signs of a compulsive liar.

I'm just trying to verify the facts, Exophase. I don't want anyone on these boards to get scammed. Obviously I also don't want to offend anyone.

EDIT: The morals post in the other thread was a joke. I have morals, I just don't care which company gets my money.

Thank you all for your reply's, it was not meant as a joke it was for real and in the future I hope non of you end up in a similar predicament :(

GameKing said:
Thank you all for your reply's, it was not meant as a joke it was for real and in the future I hope non of you end up in a similar predicament :(

I'm very, truly sorry to hear it.

Nova said:
Are you aware of this guys history?

He buys every console that comes out, only to get bored and sell it a few weeks later. This isn't a sign of someone with money problems.

He also posted in the other consoles section recently saying he had developed a hack that would make piracy impossible on Nintendo devices, and he claimed recently to be able to program in machine code, despite asking some questions which contradict this elsewhere. All signs of a compulsive liar.

I'm just trying to verify the facts, Exophase. I don't want anyone on these boards to get scammed. Obviously I also don't want to offend anyone.

Yes I'm very aware of his history. It doesn't take that much money (for an adult who has a paycheck coming from somewhere) to buy and sell low end handhelds routinely. Yeah he has said some strange and questionable things, what do you expect.. he says himself he's disabled, and his problems are clearly nothing limited to the physical..

GameKing said:

I've been pretty much at the bottom and gone through all sorts of things. I won't go into it here though. As much as anything, they're not particularly positive anecdotes (I do tell them with good humour, but that wouldn't come across on the interwebs).

Anyway, as a guy who's been at the bottom... the only way is up. :)

Take care man.

:) Just to let you all know I was given an Nintendo DSi XL and a DSTWO Card with a 8GB memory card and I am very happy and is very much appreciated
Thank you very much a numinous :ph34r:

DLA should afford you a comfortable lifestyle.

Care component Weekly rate
Highest rate £71.40
Middle rate £47.80
Lowest rate £18.95
Mobility component Weekly rate
Higher rate £49.85
Lower rate £18.95

If you cannot work then you'd be on £71.40 PER WEEK due to care needs. If you can't get around then add the £49.85 to it too....
£121.25 per week, plus incapacity
you must be clearing £200 per week + noncash benefits....

Back