The Red Barron Has Crash Landed And Needs Help

mhadf said:
DLA should afford you a comfortable lifestyle.

Care component Weekly rate
Highest rate £71.40
Middle rate £47.80
Lowest rate £18.95
Mobility component Weekly rate
Higher rate £49.85
Lower rate £18.95

If you cannot work then you'd be on £71.40 PER WEEK due to care needs. If you can't get around then add the £49.85 to it too....
£121.25 per week, plus incapacity
you must be clearing £200 per week + noncash benefits....

It's true.

Weird, but I have one friend who has various severe disabilities. He recieves a shedload of money, but actually can't manage it at all. Not because he's incapable, but just because he's reckless and has poor judgement.

The guy is broke quite a lot. Every time I go round, one new thing he blew all his cash on (Playstation 3, HD telly) has been sold, or something has been disconnected (internet, television, elecricity).

Last edited by a moderator:
SomeGuy99 said:
mhadf said:

Highest rate £71.40
Middle rate £47.80
Lowest rate £18.95
Higher rate £49.85
Lower rate £18.95

If you cannot work then you'd be on £71.40 PER WEEK due to care needs. If you can't get around then add the £49.85 to it too....

It's true.

Weird, but I have one friend who has various severe disabilities. He recieves a shedload of money, but actually can't manage it at all. Not because he's incapable, but just because he's reckless and has poor judgement.

The guy is broke quite a lot. Every time I go round, one new thing he blew all his cash on (Playstation 3, HD telly) has been sold, or something has been disconnected (internet, television, elecricity).

I find that quite often people don't have good money management skills.

But anyone that's played an RPG knows how to grind and stockpile before splurging on that one massive bastard sword. And even then you make sure you've got money left over just in case you need to buy potions ;O

Rpgs are a great way for geeks to learn to manage money ;D

mhadf said:

Highest rate £71.40
Middle rate £47.80
Lowest rate £18.95
Higher rate £49.85
Lower rate £18.95

I imagine he would be, if he was in the UK.

b1ueskycomp1ex said:
SomeGuy99 said:
mhadf said:

Highest rate £71.40
Middle rate £47.80
Lowest rate £18.95
Higher rate £49.85
Lower rate £18.95

It's true.

I find that quite often people don't have good money management skills.

But anyone that's played an RPG knows how to grind and stockpile before splurging on that one massive bastard sword. And even then you make sure you've got money left over just in case you need to buy potions ;O

Rpgs are a great way for geeks to learn to manage money ;D

This mate played a lot of Mafia Wars. I don't think it helped :)

GameKing said:
:) Just to let you all know I was given an Nintendo DSi XL and a DSTWO Card with a 8GB memory card and I am very happy and is very much appreciated
Thank you very much a numinous :ph34r:

Excellent, well done. Shame you couldn't get a DSL though. Just out of interest, how much are you selling it for?

D.

mhadf said:

Highest rate £71.40
Middle rate £47.80
Lowest rate £18.95
Higher rate £49.85
Lower rate £18.95

I live in Australia and if you work it out I get about 150 pounds $250 Au that it, things are much more expensive here

Back