There we go! (2012-02-28)

I thought the reason Craig mentioned that he had to pay (current) retail cost to ED for new units meant that it was a matter of him not being able to afford that, rather than him not being able to afford to drop them in a box and pay the courier, but I may have misread his post.

So is the idea of delivering all the new orders through GMBH out of the window and will the LTD start putting up again too?

Well, my business plan includes "new preorders" (those that happened from last year October on) and "classic preorders", both from Craig and me.

The "new preorders" will be shipped by me, as well as the "classic preorders" my shop still has.

I'll send an equal share of "classic preorder units" to Craig so he can send them to his customers.

Whether he does that or sell them as new units is not my decision, so I cannot tell you more about hat.

I thought the reason Craig mentioned that he had to pay (current) retail cost to ED for new units meant that it was a matter of him not being able to afford that, rather than him not being able to afford to drop them in a box and pay the courier, but I may have misread his post.

No, he will get the units for his classic preorders for free. He only has to buy them if he wants to sell additional orders.

And I have to charge the full retail price as the profit made with these units is being used to fund the production for the classic preorders.

There's no profit made until all outstanding orders have been delivered as well.

If I would sell him units at manufacturing costs, less classic preorders would get their units, and that's what I'm trying to prevent.

So in the end, he might have to sell a few units to cover the shipping costs, though it shouldn't be much more than 5 - 10 out of 160 he gets.

I paid the full amount asked for April, 2009. I have patiently waited through all of the difficulties. I ordered from Craig. The pandora production is finally a reality. How am I rewarded for paying early in full. More delays.

You like and appreciate the loyalty of the community.

I would like some respect too.

You took my money but can't tell me when or if I will ever receive a pandora.

All of this mumble jumbo about what will ship when and how it will be paid for is not something I am interested in hearing.

When I purchased my pandora it was supposed to ship soon.

Three years later and I am treated like a poor relative instead of an early supporter.

We made a deal. Honor it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I paid the full amount asked for April, 2009. I have patiently waited through all of the difficulties. I ordered from Craig. The pandora production is finally a reality. How am I rewarded for paying early in full. More delays.

All of this mumble jumbo about what will ship when and how it will be paid for is not something I am interested in hearing.

Three years later and I am treated like a poor relative instead of an early supporter.

That money is gone. CC and other dramas swallowed it all up.

Now ED is resurrecting the pandora and is executing a plan that will get all the pandoras made and delivered, but only through getting a bunch of people to invest a lot of money, and he has to build them in a way that can make the new investors a return, while still honouring orders from before that paid less than the pandora actually turned out to cost.

It's a delicate balancing act, and so far everything that ED put in that business plan is happening as planned.

The simple fact is all old pre-orders (and anyone who actually got a unit) have paid less than what the pandora actually turned out to cost.

The money to make good on the orders placed in 2008/2009/2010 has to come from somewhere. Premium upgrades and new orders are not "jumping the queue" for you to get your unit they are directly making it possible for you to get your unit.

Ed is honouring the deal. So is Craig. They could have just declared bankruptcy and you (and me) would receive nothing.

Edit: Nevermind im taking a shower and return to my normal life.

Either you should tell craig to stfu. Or say stfu to him! STFU CRAIG! HE did so peple got nervous. That was he that couldnt kept his mouth shut. Craig pls stay away from this and go play with html 5 or something. Lol my english is epic. Almost equal to craigs ability to make chaos everytime he open his mouth :wacko: Sry im not in mood to see ed trying to protect craig all the time. Im sry to even open my own mouth. Ed i belive in you and this community, i think every one else have respect for you. Do your thing and this shit will work! Over and out and pls dont kill me :(
Excuse me? I'm having trouble interpreting the meaning of your post.

Sry. I think i was trying to tell that let Ed do his thing and it will be alright. Sry :mellow:

@Timstertoo,

Yes I see it too.

Basically if you are a classic pre-order you either pay more or you will have to wait longer , much loner, but then we have already waited loooooongtime so we will have to wait or throw in the towl. To be honest I can see this house of cards collapsing in on its self if things suffer anymore setbacks or if loads of people pullout or new orders aren't quick enough.

Any news on classic pre-order upgrades yet?

That money is gone. CC and other dramas swallowed it all up.

So what? That situation is called a loss, which comes from back luck and bad management, but each loss can be covered by any loan which allow to push all "classic pre-ordrers" and that loan can be paid later by selling regular Pandoras. That is a regular business life, but maybe not in UE :\

Actually the calculation is as follows:

In order for me to be able to afford to ship the outstanding units and outstanding replacements I need to sell 1 new unit for every 3 preorders shipped (minimum)

If I was a UK resident, who'd just heard about the Pandora project and wanted to buy one then where would I go to order one?

At the moment I'd go to the official website & order one from ED. Is the plan to direct UK residents to Craig's shop? If that is the case then it might make sense to get this set up quickly.

Hi ED,

should I worry that I didn't get a reply when I send an address change email? I know the address change is not reflected in the shops order history, so I have no way to tell...

Thanks!

ps: I'm an "old" pre-orderer so I guess it's not going to ship anytime soon anyways.

If you ordered from me, no worries.

I send a mail before I send the Pandora to check out if the address is still valid :)

About Upgrades: No one received a mail yet about upgrades, no worry.

There are enough units left currently, I'm just overwhelmed with work.

All AC Adaptors and the next 600 LCDs arrived safely at my place today, btw.

Quite a few of you should receive some nice eMail from UPS today... :)

It's the same situation for me. I did not receive a mail or an answer to my pm yet.

How do you check the validity of my adress by sending me a mail? :)

Either you should tell craig to stfu. Or say stfu to him! STFU CRAIG! HE did so peple got nervous. That was he that couldnt kept his mouth shut. Craig pls stay away from this and go play with html 5 or something. Lol my english is epic. Almost equal to craigs ability to make chaos everytime he open his mouth :wacko: Sry im not in mood to see ed trying to protect craig all the time. Im sry to even open my own mouth. Ed i belive in you and this community, i think every one else have respect for you. Do your thing and this shit will work! Over and out and pls dont kill me :(

With this sort of bullshit It's amazing we have not just filed for insolvency.

Supporters are often more silent, and nice words never stick out as much as inconsiderate bullshitting does unfortunately. In the end it will be worthwhile, even if not every second ... day ... week ... month ... or year in between was.

Supporters are often more silent, and nice words never stick out as much as inconsiderate bullshitting does unfortunately. In the end it will be worthwhile, even if not every second ... day ... week ... month ... or year in between was.

This is true.

We've been waiting this long, worrying about waiting a it longer won't really solve anything.

Either you should tell craig to stfu. Or say stfu to him! STFU CRAIG! HE did so peple got nervous. That was he that couldnt kept his mouth shut. Craig pls stay away from this and go play with html 5 or something. Lol my english is epic. Almost equal to craigs ability to make chaos everytime he open his mouth Sry im not in mood to see ed trying to protect craig all the time. Im sry to even open my own mouth. Ed i belive in you and this community, i think every one else have respect for you. Do your thing and this shit will work! Over and out and pls dont kill me

Im sry i tried to take it away but someone quote me before i change the text. Sry craig i had a really bad day. No good excuse i know but im truly sry. And from now on i will shut my mouth and think before i say something. :(

My head is spinning with all these calculations and multiple queues.

Now, humor me please with this question. If you currently awaiting a replacement RMA, is there anyway to upgrade this to the new premium version? I think I've hit the point where I just want my Pandora in my hands. I'm willing to part with a little more cash if that expedites the production and return of my unit, and helps this project in the long run. If it helps for clarity, my order is with Craig as is the RMA, so I'm concerned about his limitted access to new units and such. Thanks.

With the years of misleading information, the endless requests of donations, and now the involvement of community investors I don't see how you could file for bankruptcy and not be investigated for possible fraud. There is no option for your team but to settle your outstanding orders and debts unless you want you life to be a bigger hell than it already is.

OpenPandora Ltd. doesn't have any investors.

That's the thing you shouldn't mess up: OP GmbH != OP Ltd.

Can OP GmbH obtain what left from OP Ltd. and have everything under one roof? It is just a simple gentlemens' agreement between you and Craig.

Are you certain that each one of you having separate companies will protect you? It's really a question of where the money has been flowing. Have you been you been keeping accurate records of your spending? If your collecting donations for say Pandora and that money has found its way into the hands of Craig and his projects then that is grounds for possible fraud. Which one of you will be charged is in the hands of the courts to decide. As long as its full steam ahead then you have no worries but I still don't think any of you can just declare bankruptcy and wipe your hands clean without legal repercussions now that accepted investors.

Back