There we go! (2012-02-28)

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere already, but what's all this talk about "going premium" ? Ive preordered at the end of last year so im pretty low on the priority list i guess. Therefore "upgrading to premium and getting the Pandora earlier" sounds interesting at least ;-) Would somebody be so kind to fill me in quick ?

Sorry if this is answered elsewhere already, but what's all this talk about "going premium" ? Ive preordered at the end of last year so im pretty low on the priority list i guess. Therefore "upgrading to premium and getting the Pandora earlier" sounds interesting at least ;-) Would somebody be so kind to fill me in quick ?

You can pay some more money to move forward in quoue. ED is currently working to get this Premium system working. Be patient, my friend :)

I'm starting to think that preordering early was a mistake.
Certainly the way to get your order the earliest was to order early on the very first day of ordering the old first batch, and the way to get your pandora the soonest after paying is to wait until they announce the new price and order then. Anything else means a longer wait. But don't forget, without all those later orderers stumping up their money this project would likely have hit the rocks many months ago.

As I have understanded there is not anything special in your "Premium Pandora" expect it comes to you faster. There is possibility that something little comes to people who pays Premium, but when ED publishes Premium possibility, then we can know for sure.

@Levi : I agree, if I have to wait I'm still glad to give my money to support Pandora!

Last edited by a moderator:
[...]

We will also offer upgrades for faster delivery as well as swap-upgrades (replace your old PCB against a new one for an upgrade price of about 150 EUR).

The money made from that will also go into that pot.

[...]

I hope that explanation shows why it's pretty much impossible to foretell the exact timeframe :)

And hopefully you all understand what I'm doing here.
Excellent. That answers a question I have been meaning to ask, that is: The board upgrades - Going from an 256 to a 512k board, will that be available and help out with the throughput? Apparently it will, which is very good. I have:

- A non-working wifi, which while not a great problem would be nice to get fixed.

- Something of a bad conscience over having paid rather little for my pandora, and still having had it over a year.

- A beginning of purplishness, which means I'd have to send it off to ED sooner or later.

- Actually a hankering for the extra memory.

So: I can put in some more money, get my panda fixed-up, help the production along, all in one? It's like a kinderegg :) Have I misunderstood anything? When and where can I sign up? :D

Apart from the wifi thing (which was fixable in at least some of the units, right?), it is working perfectly, so it would at least make a good non-wifi unit.

And yes, that sounds quite like what was published around august-ish when this "new production plan" was announced, so at least I understand what you're doing and am not surprised.

Ive preordered at the end of last year so im pretty low on the priority list i guess.
No, if you mean late 2011. You should receive one of the 1st 1000 produced currently, as long as you pay when asked by the EvilDragon. Premium upgrades are for people that preordered a legacy Pandora from Circuit Co., this upgrade payment pays the difference between a $330/$350 Legacy Preorder, moves you up the que by paying the difference to the current $500 price. Anyone who preordered after Sept 2011 are in line for the first 1000 Pandoras produced in Germany. I don't know about orders placed after 1 Feb 2012, whether you'll be in the 1st or 2nd 1000 Out of Germany.

Oh, thanks Link. Ive preordered late 2011...maybe october or novembre, im not quite sure and payed as soon as EDs mail arrived

I ordered in January 2011. I haven't received an email asking me to pay :( but I just gotta wait my turn. I know it'll get here eventually :)

Ordered mine : 04 October 2011 - 01:45 PM - paid 10 € -

2nd mail from ED : Hi! Thanks for preordering the Pandora! 11 february 2012

3rd mail from ED : Hi, it's finally happening! 28 february 2012 - paid the Pandora -

4th mail from ED : Pandora Dispatched ! 04 march 2012

I don't understand how Craig and you can differ so wildly in your estimations. Don't you guys talk outside of the forum? Do you disagree so badly about this that Craig finds it necessary to post something amazingly different from what you state to make sure he doesn't get blamed for it later? Or is Craig intending to use most of his share of original pre ordered Pandora's to sell for full price instead of sending them on unless they upgrade?

One thing is for sure, your noses are not in the same direction. ED's remark about how the potential money Craig could sue out of CC would be used is another example of that.

Such an unexpected turn of events and dramabomb during a period where things were appearing to be on a roll. Wow. :blink:

Hm, should I be concerned that I haven't received anything since the "Pandora preorder Info" email I got on Feb 11th? There was a mention there about a follow up email within 7 to 12 days which I didn't get. My preorder confirmation email is dated Oct 20th, 2011.

ok, im really confused right now. I ordered around July 1st 2010, and i think i was very early batch 2 through ed, but im not entirely sure. He emailed me, and i placed the order through email a couple days before the batch 2 preorders went up on their website. Will i have to pay more to get my pandora? also, approximatly how long will it take to come (ik estimates are vague). Also, if i upgrade will i be able to get it faster?

thanks.

As a relative newcomer/latecomer (of which it seems there is also some need---to "grease the wheels" and such), I sent a question to info@openpandora.de about a week ago regarding payment options, as was indicated.

I'm certainly not worried or surprised by the lack of response thus far, seeing as the responsible parties obviously have more than enough on their plate at the moment, but I figured I might pose my question here as well, on the offchance that some other kind and knowledgable soul might be able to shed some light on the situation:

As someone residing in North America, wire transfers unfortunately invoke fees. So if possible, I'd prefer to pay the fee only once instead of twice---and I would gladly front the entire amount as a "deposit" in order to accomplish this. But in order to do so, I would need to have some estimate of that amount (and I don't even mind if we have to round up a bit to be safe, but I'm afraid I'm not quite wealthy enough to make a substantial donation, so it would be nice if it was relatively close).

Can anyone reliably suggest an appropriate total (including shipping & peripherals)?

This is the last email I got...

The amount of money already paid in advance: 20 EUR

Here's your complete order:

1 x Pandora, Price: 370 --- Total: 370 EUR (=440 EUR incl. VAT)

Grand Total: 370 EUR (=440 EUR incl. VAT)

So... the price is 390 EUR ? taking into account my 20 already paid.. OR

Do I deduct 20 EUR from the final Grand total? I`m confused..

^ Since I got the same grand total and made a different deposit, I would say that's its confirmed that you have to deduct your deposit

^ Since I got the same grand total and made a different deposit, I would say that's its confirmed that you have to deduct your deposit

ah good stuff :) thanks...

Bit silly that it`s not that clear... no mention of the grand total ( minus deposit paid ) or something..

:)

Back