There we go! (2012-02-28)

Are you certain that each one of you having separate companies will protect you? It's really a question of where the money has been flowing. Have you been you been keeping accurate records of your spending?

Yes, don't worry, my bookings and accountance is very accurate.

Otherwise, you'll run into problems in Germany pretty fast.

Can OP GmbH obtain what left from OP Ltd. and have everything under one roof? It is just a simple gentlemens' agreement between you and Craig.

It isn't that simple, it could cause major problems right away.

Taking over all orders from Craig could lead into excessive indebtedness of my company, which means I would've to file insolvency right away, even if things are running here.

With the years of misleading information, the endless requests of donations, and now the involvement of community investors I don't see how you could file for bankruptcy and not be investigated for possible fraud. There is no option for your team but to settle your outstanding orders and debts unless you want you life to be a bigger hell than it already is.

Way to motivate!

Man I swear, I would not have considered myself a particularly patient person, but reading this forum for a day makes me feel like I'm some sort of bloody Yoda or something.

Can OP GmbH obtain what left from OP Ltd. and have everything under one roof? It is just a simple gentlemens' agreement between you and Craig.

It isn't that simple, it could cause major problems right away.

Taking over all orders from Craig could lead into excessive indebtedness of my company, which means I would've to file insolvency right away, even if things are running here.

Thanks Ed. As expected after what I have heard about British Ltds :\ Even OP GmbH doesn't want to put hands on it. I will wait till summer and see to what situations will evolve everythimg. There is iCP on Craig's name, just in case ;)

With the years of misleading information, the endless requests of donations, and now the involvement of community investors I don't see how you could file for bankruptcy and not be investigated for possible fraud. There is no option for your team but to settle your outstanding orders and debts unless you want you life to be a bigger hell than it already is.

Way to motivate!

Man I swear, I would not have considered myself a particularly patient person, but reading this forum for a day makes me feel like I'm some sort of bloody Yoda or something.

Look. Maybe I'm reading Craig wrong but I get the impression that Craig thinks he is doing the community a favor by not declaring bankruptcy because of what he feels to be the bad treatment he has been receiving. If ED hadn't taken up the fight Craig may have just called it quits but for Craig to file bankruptcy now would hurt him far more than it ever would for the community.

Things are bad but not sure its bankrupcy time yet. ED's cost seem to be covered by other incomes from his shop, perhaps Craig's too?Infact there may actually be slack in the system that can still be moved over to the Pandora, but not much I guess

Last edited by a moderator:
Things are bad but not sure its bankrupcy time yet. ED's cost seem to be covered by other incomes from his shop, perhaps Craig's too?Infact there may actually be slack in the system that can still be moved over to the Pandora, but not much I guess

Probably best to keep what slack there is. I'd rather get my Pandora a month later than have the project collapse.

Ok, just wondering. From what I understand, orders to Canada and the USA will ship to Link first to save on shipping costs. Then he will ship the stuff to the folks in Canada and the USA.

Will Ed ship directly to Link for all orders? Or as I ordered from Craig, will it first go to Craig and then to Link?

The logistics here are rather confusing.

Thanks.

With this sort of bullshit It's amazing we have not just filed for insolvency.

I don't have any investors, our accounts have always been filed correctly and on time and there are no issues with them.

Are you alleging that we have committed fraud?

Ok, just wondering. From what I understand, orders to Canada and the USA will ship to Link first to save on shipping costs. Then he will ship the stuff to the folks in Canada and the USA.

Will Ed ship directly to Link for all orders? Or as I ordered from Craig, will it first go to Craig and then to Link?

The logistics here are rather confusing.

Thanks.
I have nothing to do with Craig's Legacy preorders. I'm only handling EDs.

I would be open to work with Craig with the import of the Pandora from his orders to the US. $60,000 sounds like a lot of coin for shipping these units. I know I can bring that cost down substantially at least to the US & Canada.

Way to motivate!

Look. Maybe I'm reading Craig wrong but I get the impression that Craig thinks he is doing the community a favor by not declaring bankruptcy because of what he feels to be the bad treatment he has been receiving. If ED hadn't taken up the fight Craig may have just called it quits but for Craig to file bankruptcy now would hurt him far more than it ever would for the community.

Erm, no it wouldn't because our accounts are in order?

You however, saying things like this, should be the one treading very very carefully.

Indeed, this DisgruntedElf clown is just trolling. He knows nothing of our current financial situation, of our companies or of our personal lives.

Craig, quit responding to the negative comments and talk to link about America distribution

Indeed, this DisgruntedElf clown is just trolling. He knows nothing of our current financial situation, of our companies or of our personal lives.
You told us your current companies situation here. You don't have money to ship the preorders and need to sell 1 preorder as premium to ship 3 more preorders. You don't have money to increase the icp production and you are searching for investors.

The icp looks like a side project of the pandora, same dpad, same buttons. The production setup is basically equal, case production setup, pcb production setup and assembly setup - but less complicated. I think the icp got it's profit of the setup experience with the pandora production, why can't the icp support the pandora p&p in return? Increase the investors amount to 360.000 and you have all the money for the pandora shipment. Later you could pay back the 60.000 p&p costs by further pandora sales.

And by the way, you shared more than nothing of your personal life with the web.

Craig, quit responding to the negative comments and talk to link about America distribution
Please don't do this in public. No more broken shards please. We don't need another discussion about 'unfair' handling of the US distribution. Link, protect your buisness and say clear that you will be a forwarding relay only (for preorder pandoras) in this case.

You told us your current companies situation here. You don't have money to ship the preorders and need to sell 1 preorder as premium to ship 3 more preorders.

We don't have the money to ship out 800 units in one go is what I said. Pulling $60,000 out of the account in one go would be a dangerous move. It is far more sensible to follow my plan of selling units while shipping preorders to keep the bank balance nice and even.

You don't have money to increase the icp production and you are searching for investors.

We can increase production, but not to what I believe the sales could achieve.

The icp looks like a side project of the pandora, same dpad, same buttons. The production setup is basically equal, case production setup, pcb production setup and assembly setup - but less complicated. I think the icp got it's profit of the setup experience with the pandora production, why can't the icp support the pandora p&p in return?

If you actually followed this project you would know the iCP has massively subsidised the Pandora production and certainly paid its way several times over.

Increase the investors amount to 360.000 and you have all the money for the pandora shipment. Later you could pay back the 60.000 p&p costs by further pandora sales.

^ You think investors in the iControlpad would be happy with that do you?

Way to motivate!

You however, saying things like this, should be the one treading very very carefully.

You don't feel that threatening to declare bankruptcy because you don't like the way you are treated odd? If you've been paying attention to this thread at all your customers are concerned about their Pandora orders with you. ED is addressing his customers. Why are you ignoring yours? The only contribution you seem to make now is to volley bad news when every possible which you know will ignite ED's customers. Something you would never do when you were in charge of the project. Now you bring up bankruptcy? Are you jealous of ED's success or are you just trying to bring the project down? What are you doing?

Way to motivate!

You don't feel that threatening to declare bankruptcy because you don't like the way you are treated odd? If you've been paying attention to this thread at all your customers are concerned about their Pandora orders with you. ED is addressing his customers. Why are you ignoring yours? The only contribution you seem to make now is to volley bad news when every possible which you know will ignite ED's customers. Something you would never do when you were in charge of the project. Now you bring up bankruptcy? Are you jealous of ED's success or are you just trying to bring the project down? What are you doing?

Do you realise that my post was sarcasm don't you? When I answered the troll?

Do kindly show me where I have been volleying bad news wherever possible? Have you even been following this project? I've had to break bad news on so many occasions I could not count them.

Jealous of ED's success? You mean the Pandora project? You know it's a team of people including me right? Do you even understand who I am?

This just seems to be you trying to avoid the fact you were suggesting we had committed fraud. You're now just grasping for straws.

So can we get back to the part where you mentioned the fraud?

If anything it appears to be you trying to cause trouble here by suggesting this, especially your attempt in post 282.

Why would you be doing that?

<rant>

Uggh, I wish we could all just get back to the business of making this awesome little handheld.... Too much hate and poo slinging on these boards recently considering the device we are all so eager to get is finally back to being manufactured again. I know there is a lot of emotion roiled up in the years many of us, myself included, have waited for this device. Unfortunately no amount of forum bitching will deliver the Pandora any sooner. Everytime one of the principal developers is on here defending themselves or explaining something for the tenth time it is taking time away from what could be potential production time. I know it hasn't all been rainbows and unicorns but I really wish people would stop rocking the boat. Its big boy pants time now. We all knew we were investing in a product/company run by a handful of passionate nerds and not some mega-corporation. Lets let ED and Craig (and the countless others too numerous to name) right the boat and stay out of their way please.

</rant>

Don't worry, it will work out, the units WILL SHIP, there have been these morons all the way.

First I was killing Gamepark.

Then the Pandora design sucked and would never work.

Then the device would never ship.

Now it's something else.

Even if we became a huge successful business selling millions of units there would still be people here trolling.

It's also a double edged sword to ban them, because then people complain the forum is being censored, so recently we have just been letting them roll, but this is where you end up, spasticated pages of arguments.

Back