This week & last week

We seem to be able to do 140 a day. Pretty good, although I can see issues making that lower on some days. Shoulders were not great, about 35% work right away, the rest need *slight* adjustment.

We seem to be able to do 140 a day. Pretty good, although I can see issues making that lower on some days. Shoulders were not great, about 35% work right away, the rest need *slight* adjustment.

How many does that translate to per week, if you don't mind sharing?

How many does that translate to per week, if you don't mind sharing?

140 * 5 = 700

So by those numbers batch 1 will complete in ~2000 / 700 = 2.8 weeks

and if you count batch 2

2.8 + 4.2 = ~two months :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Problem are the Shoulderbuttons: CC is aktually very carefull whit they and so the only deliver 300 boards per week,

meybe craigix can get they to work faster, but how to prevent that the shoulderbuttons dont work then again?

So this means, more boards next week?

Because it dosnt make sense, if you can make 10000000sens of Pandorae each day, but CC only can delifer 300..

Thanks for the honest update/estimate. It's appreciated.

Because it dosnt make sense, if you can make 10000000sens of Pandorae each day, but CC only can delifer 300..

I wonder about this, too.

CC will probably max out at 500/week. But we're ok with this. That seems about right to me.

You've got to be closing in on the end of the Day 1 pre-orders. I have a bottle of 15 year old single malt waiting for me to toast you & the team from over an ocean and 1/2 a continent away. When can I can pour myself a glass in your honor?

Even if they can't, RMA units also need to get new boards, broken boards need to be checked, labelled with what's broken and go back to CC, so when boards run out, there is A LOT of other things to do :)

Hey Craig, how soon do you think you'll reach the 1000 in your queue? I was told by Jacquelyn that I was in the 950 to 1050 queue. I am absolutely gassing for my Pandora and I'm thinking about going for the premium.

Kinda wish i hadn't read this thread now.. having just been reminded that 1000 units have yet to be shipped, it's bloody torture not be in the financial position to queue jump, can i ask what your order time was as im not much higher in the "queue"

You've got to be closing in on the end of the Day 1 pre-orders. I have a bottle of 15 year old single malt waiting for me to toast you & the team from over an ocean and 1/2 a continent away. When can I can pour myself a glass in your honor?

That is not an incentive, ofc if you were going to give it to him :p

Kinda wish i hadn't read this thread now.. having just been reminded that 1000 units have yet to be shipped, it's bloody torture not be in the financial position to queue jump, can i ask what your order time was as im not much higher in the "queue"

Hopefully you will get one of the boards with good shoulder buttons!

I'm pretty sure we have hit it this week.

Remember some people bought 2,3 even 4 units. So Customer 1000 from my store is probably more like Pandora 1600.

It's quite confusing I know, but they are shipping fast now.

I'm pretty sure we have hit it this week.

Remember some people bought 2,3 even 4 units. So Customer 1000 from my store is probably more like Pandora 1600.

It's quite confusing I know, but they are shipping fast now.

I understand from this post that 3800 units were sold in total. How many customers are there in total, or at least how many were there from your store?

Also Craig, in response to your last Twitter post, remember that if you manage to develop a second model that doesn't have the 2.5 year delay in release, you will change the world. There are very few devices in any category that come with openly developed firmware right out of the box, let alone in the awesome pocket-size (or close to it?) form factor of the Pandora. I think the general public are unaware of the difference between open source as it is in e.g Android and some routers, and a device whose entire firmware is developed openly. I can't run e.g. Chromium on my N800 without using a Debian chroot, but years from now, there's hope for me to be able to run any hot new app on my years-old Pandora, if people keep updating the firmware (thanks Notaz and others!).

It isn't 3800, it's more like 3500 due to refunds, fake orders etc.

I agree with the rest of what you said, it's just a slow climb to get people to see the differences.

I think thanks to Sony and their sledgehammer approach people are starting to reject their (and other) locked down systems.

Yeah, the Pandora is an important piece of hardware in regard to freedom of consumers. PCs went through an evolution of sorts, they started out running only the vendor's OS and only approved software from that vendor. Now with PCs you have the freedom to do whatever you want, apple included. Small devices, specifically ARM devices, where the market is leading to now, are like PCs of old: they only run one vendor's OS and only run that vendor's software or approved software.

The Pandora is the first ARM device to really take that step and be open. I hope that other manufactures will follow and make their devices open. It looks pretty bleak though, as consumers we're being trained that small personal devices should only do a set number of tasks with the vendor's software and it would be too hard or pointless to try to do anything else with them.

Yeah, I see the Pandora as a very important piece evolutionary step in devices this size.

Crikey. I've not really been on the proper boards before as I've been holding myself back and simply checking the updates on the email send-outs but I have to admit I'm a little taken aback and surprised about learning about this queue-jumping that's now being offered.

I may have missed these in the email updates, so apologies if I have. I think I'm about 2000ish in the queue and will remain there until my Pandora arrives although the excitiment and joy is going to be a tiny bit tarnished.

Ho hum.

I'm sure you'll have got a lot of these reactions so shall simply stop going on the forums and carry on as I was assuming the hold up is pure production problems and continue wishing everyone making them good health!

Back