Those "extra" Units Mentioned In The Newsletter?

I received a reply yesterday, so I'm in the first batch :)

My first email was sent to the Pandora team right before that article was posted on Engadget, so if anyone emailed around the time of that article, they should be receiving their reply email soon. Good luck everyone.

RoboShmup said:
I received a reply yesterday, so I'm in the first batch :)

My first email was sent to the Pandora team right before that article was posted on Engadget, so if anyone emailed around the time of that article, they should be receiving their reply email soon. Good luck everyone.
Welcome aboard :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Near-kun said:
It's been 4 days now. I'm starting to lose hope.
I wanted to add a TV-out Cable and an extra battery to my order, but I don't know how to do it and I suppose it's easier to do when your preorder is registered somewhere and they only have to change it there.
Since my preorder request wasn't even answered, it seems a bit ingenuous to think of modifying my request at this point.

Don't lose hope. There is plenty of hope that you'll get a unit.

don't worry about appearing ingenuous - just email them. this isn't some snotty giant corporation, but a bunch of people like you and I. Some of them are even forum users, just like you and I. Trust them to be as genuine and, well, human as anyone else here. Want a favour? If it doesn't screw them over, they're quite likely to oblige :D

I have had response (3 days after my mail) saying I can still order from the first batch, but had to reply first with my order details and full name/adress.
Replied a while ago, haven't had any response, I hope this doesn't mean I'm back at the bottom of the list :p

So, to everyone who still wants to preorder a Pandora, give them your full details.

gavie said:
I have had response (3 days after my mail) saying I can still order from the first batch, but had to reply first with my order details and full name/adress.
Replied a while ago, haven't had any response, I hope this doesn't mean I'm back at the bottom of the list :p

So, to everyone who still wants to preorder a Pandora, give them your full details.

Just had my reply asking for name and details, with confirmation that i'm amongst the first batch.
Slightly worried though, as i'm going to use google checkout to pay, yet when attempting to sign up for it it asks for business details and seller info, all i want to use it for is to make a oneoff payment for my pandora!!

Anyone used google checkout as a buyer before, are there any fees to pay? And is it straightforward?

Thanks in advance

Google checkout doesn't charge the buyer, only the seller (%age). However, some companies do forward that charge to you.

Received an email earlier today confirming there were a few units left. I promptly replied with my address and what I wanted to order, and am now waiting to hear back and arrange the payment. I hope this means I'm in the first batch!

I just got the email saying I'm in, I sent my letter just before the engadget post so you guys still have some hope.

Ollonk said:
I don't have the money now, something unexpected came up.... (I did get a reply to my email though)

I guess I'll just have to wait until 2010.

Its okay, I was in the exact same position last year. And look, now I have preordered for the first batch! I'm sure the same thing will happen to you!

Wait a minute...

I am still waiting

I got the email reply asking for all my information & what I wanted to order. Sent it off, now waiting for the google check out email. HOpe I made it in time!

Hi all

Just to let you know I've had a reply, I've squeezed into the first batch so there is still hope. I enquired about a month ago then had second thoughts and didn't send in my details. When the newsletter arrived I decided to go for it and emailed my details late Friday afternoon (UK time) not knowing about the Engadget article. I was in Sweden for the weekend and had no access to the forums so I followed up with second email on Monday night (they were so fast at replying before I felt certain something was wrong!)

I need not have worried as this afternoon I got apology for delay in response and my order number! I'm now just waiting on the Google Checkout invoice which will follow. Apologies for the amount of detail but I thought it help some of those still waiting.

Paul

Just got my google invoice! Not paying till I can get back from work later today, but I am almost there! Only about $380 for the Pandora, shipping, and a TV out cable. I remember more than a year ago asking if the TV Out cable was included, and one of the devs assured me that it was... Oh well, what can ya do. :p

those who pay by google checkout, can they use their credit card? If so that means they are protected if something goes wrong right? just in case.

Back