Too much junk posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazeeplaya

That's the way I like it
Since last night there have been a lot more junk posts than normal, not only here but at cp32emu too. Is there a reason for this or was this inevitable? It really is turnig a great forum into something bad.

Not wanting to steal gp32x forum users, but if you want plane and simple gp32 disscusion, you could try my forum at GP32 World. If I get any posts like those seen yesterday & today I will delete them and if possible block the ip of the people making them

Although last night and this mornings response post were quite justified :rolleyes:, Considering we had what appeared to be someone trolling about something alot of us want, "A Sega MegaDrive Emulator" ;) .

So it was understandable that people were a bit P*ssed (to say the least) by the reaction of one person in particular.

But then that just opens the floodgates for a lot of people who are easily lead and don`t find it hard to drop down to their level. :(

Before you know it, Chaos reigns.

Trooper

Avigrace posted on Aug 9 2003 said:
Is a post about junk posting, junk post?
Which is what i was talking about :) , In the second half of my previous post.

The first part is what started it all off.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
Any large successfull forum is going to get junk posted, it's also a sign of the GP becoming more widely used- I bet if we looked at the registrations over the last few months we would see the age range dropping for new members. It's just one of those we will have to deal with. Your forum is pretty good Crazee, but this is were most of the people i'm interested in taliking to hang out.

I imagine with the european launch we can expect more problems like this :(

The way to solve problems in a community is definitely not to split it. Compared to 90% of other forums, there is very little bad posting here, especially considering the number of members. You get the odd fool, but generally, people are great, and I'm happy to be part of it.

One tip crazee - if you mod too heavily (as you're suggesting), people won't want to come to your forum at all, you've got to let the community deal with people too, as they seemed to do very well last night.

Topic locked, I despise people spamming their own boards on someone else's identical, yet busier board. If you want to take advantage of our recent trolling problems to plug a crappy ezboard that you said you wouldn't start up earlier, please do it elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back