Tranzfers

Miknal

So, this Tranzfers idea to get the money across.

http://www.tranzfers.com/whychoose.html

Does anyone know how safe it is? And by which, I don't mean how safe the money is when being transferred, but what happens if the worst comes to worst and this project goes belly up before it can ship. Or if it's a scam I guess, but I seriously doubt that to be the case.

I know credit card transactions are ok for this, but I have never heard of this method before, well, a few minutes ago when I saw cragix's thread.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...=46180&st=0

So, does anyone know?

Last edited by a moderator:
$5 for transfers from the US, but $15 for transfers from Canada? That's stupidly arbitrary! And yet still significantly cheaper than if I were to go through my bank.
This whole AMEX thing makes me wish that I'd paid with my AMEX card, just so I'd be right in the middle and have someone to yell at. As it is, I must sit on the sidelines while this drama unfolds. It does seem highly illegal though: while the bank may have cause to hold the money, they can't hold it indefinitely. It needs to be released eventually; in Canada, they actually have to disclose the timeframe upon request, at the end of which they MUST refund the money. IANAL, but I can't imagine the UK doesn't have similar rules.
What you could do is draft a "coupon" for one Pandora, a kind of rain cheque, if you will, or the price of a Pandora. Have a lawyer look it over, sign it, make it all nice and legal. That way people could buy and receive the coupon on their credit card and be protected. The coupon has real value in that it can be cashed at any time for money, which makes it a valid product, I think.

edit: whoops, I meant to post this into the other thread. Oh well, here's good too.

Miknal said:
Does anyone know how safe it is? And by which, I don't mean how safe the money is when being transferred, but what happens if the worst comes to worst and this project goes belly up before it can ship. Or if it's a scam I guess, but I seriously doubt that to be the case.

I know credit card transactions are ok for this, but I have never heard of this method before, well, a few minutes ago when I saw cragix's thread.

You are not going to get the type of protection you get with a credit card with any normal type of transfer.

UNITED STATES CUSTOMERS NOT ALLOWED

Currently you can send funds between the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and Canada and funds to South Africa. New currencies and destinations are being added all the time. If you have a particular currency you would like added then please send us an email so we can add you to our notification list.

Probably because they are breaking some laws..

MUST LINK TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT LIKE PAYPAL

We need to receive the funds electronically. This gives you a few choices such as internet banking, phone banking or going to a branch and asking them to do an electronic transfer direct from your account to ours. We do not accept cash, cheques or credit card payments.

Use at your own risk. don't come here complaining when you find your account cleaned out.

I'm not disputing their FAQ. I'm disputing the notion that you're aware of anything that goes on in the world outside your insular little sphere. I object to your attitude on the forums. You're an angry little troll.

Gruso said:
I'm not disputing their FAQ. I'm disputing the notion that you're aware of anything that goes on in the world outside your insular little sphere. I object to your attitude on the forums. You're an angry little troll.
then it's there in black and white. they won't accept any method with protection and they will only send to and not from the united states cutting those customers of this project out in the cold. I really do not think you understand this but then again nothing i can say here can change your mind.

Electronic transfers are standard practice. The service provides bank transfers; in part it's aimed at people whose only option for sending international money is via transfer.

I pay several of my regular bills by direct debit. It's deducted directly from my bank account, not credit card. To enable this, I have to sign a form, which is sent to my bank, authorising a third party to deduct funds from my account. This is the same system. It's standard practice.

Electronic fund transfers are NOT like Paypal. EFT is the equivalent of you opening your wallet and handing them exactly the money you want to give them, whereas Paypal is like giving them the authority to go to your wallet and take out whatever they want, whenever they want.

The only risk with Tranzfers is the money you explicitly give them; they cannot "clean out" your account.

TaG said:
Miknal said:

You are not going to get the type of protection you get with a credit card with any normal type of transfer.
Thanks for the response. I thought this was the case, but I just thought I would check.

Oh, and given the other responses in this thread, I just want to reiterate, I was never suggesting it was a scam, but the current climate is hardly ideal for new businesses, and companies are taking a lot of hits right now, through no fault of their own. If it were a scam, then issuing refunds was an interesting move...

Back