Transfers... Tranzfers..

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
Hello everyone,

Well well well, we reached our limit on googlecheckout.

Really the only system we are having any luck with is bank transfers, unless we actually ship something...

So, solutions, well http://www.tranzfers.com/ costs $5 to make a transfer at a sensible rate. Several of you used this and it works very well.

OR we actually ship you something with the Pandora free later on, we could ship the OS + some early software on a CD to you with the Pandora to follow.

What do you think? The credit card route is just causing us nightmares if we don't ship anything. (and in general)

Oh and if HSBC really won't refund those AMEX orders we will just have to take the hit and honour them anyway. I've had a meeting with them about it but I may as well have been speaking to a brick wall.

Gads.

So, Tranzfers, CD, what do you think?

I don't know if there already are TV-out cables but you could send those if ordered or SD cards when they were in the order.

Otherwise I think the CD thing could work for people that are persistent about using CC.

I already did a bank transfer so I can't decide for others.

Oh and if HSBC really won't refund those AMEX orders we will just have to take the hit and honour them anyway. I've had a meeting with them about it but I may as well have been speaking to a brick wall.

thats really sad, banks & and bankers
nooo.gif

I reckon the CD's the best bet - keeps people wanting.

Actually, rather than a CD, why not ship some promotional material - e.g cards, etc? Host a small competition, or use some of the community designs?

PoisonedV said:
I don't get the CD thing. Could you explain it more?
the problem is just that the banks are wary of the preorder thing, and see it as a possible scam
if you agree to buy the cd with software etc... for the price of a pandora (and you'll recieve your pandora later on for "free"), then there is no issue of the delivery taking to long, or the possibility of it being vaporware etc... since you'll have recieved what you paid for (or so they think).
of course, i do wonder how the legal situation would be in this case, couldn't the pandora team technically just not give you a pandora since you agreed to pay the money for a cd with software? not that they would, but i still doubt many people would like it if that's the case

i think the cd option also more implies you take responsibility for your order, rather than them facing possible chargebacks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Racemaniac said:
of course, i do wonder how the legal situation would be in this case, couldn't the pandora team technically just not give you a pandora since you agreed to pay the money for a cd with software? not that they would, but i still doubt many people would like it if that's the case
true didnt think of that

Why can't we just pay when the Pandoras are ready to be sent?

In addition, how many people actually still need to pay?

There is always going to be an element of trust with the project as there is with ordering anything from the net.

It's a good solution though I think for people who have no choice but to use CC.

The final FDM should help to show the unit is almost ready now.

Amex orders, I know this is not the answer and a bad thing to say but:

Give your HSBC branch details, Managers name to us so we can politely call him and ask him to where our money is....?

Why bother with pre-orders if it is so much trouble.

You said you have enough money to produce 4000 Pandoras even without the pre-orders money. You saw that there are about 4000 people willing to pay (actually, paid already once), so there is no risk in making 4000.

Make the damn thing and sell it like everyone else does.

aq21 said:
Why bother with pre-orders if it is so much trouble.

You said you have enough money to produce 4000 Pandoras even without the pre-orders money. You saw that there are about 4000 people willing to pay (actually, paid already once), so there is no risk in making 4000.

Make the damn thing and sell it like everyone else does.
I'm beginning to think this too. Remember, as soon as people actually see the Pandora in completed form, there'll be mega-demand for it. There are thousands of people itching to get their hands on one - and actually producing a Pandora for people to buy when it's ready (people who preordered first, of course) should be the best way do go about things at this stage.

craigix said:
Hello everyone,

Well well well, we reached our limit on googlecheckout.

Really the only system we are having any luck with is bank transfers, unless we actually ship something...

So, solutions, well http://www.tranzfers.com/ costs $5 to make a transfer at a sensible rate. Several of you used this and it works very well.

OR we actually ship you something with the Pandora free later on, we could ship the OS + some early software on a CD to you with the Pandora to follow.

What do you think? The credit card route is just causing us nightmares if we don't ship anything. (and in general)

Gads.

So, Tranzfers, CD, what do you think?

I wonder if the Banks and card companies would be giving you such a dificult time if this global recession wasn't in full swing.
I'll be doing a transfer shortly...Thank you

If you guys at pandora let HBSC take that money and run i'll be very unhappy.

look see ---- :(

craigix said:
There is always going to be an element of trust with the project as there is with ordering anything from the net.

It's a good solution though I think for people who have no choice but to use CC.

The final FDM should help to show the unit is almost ready now.
So why don't you want to wait until you are _sure_ to be able to ship within 30 days and then open the CC order ? (even ebay/paypal will allow this)
I for one is ready to wait a little more to pay my pand'. As I have to wait to get it anyway.

Or this a problem of cash flow ?
I though this have been handled and is not a problem anymore. Sure in the actual world economy thing change fast...

Edit :
mazza558 said:
I'm beginning to think this too. Remember, as soon as people actually see the Pandora in completed form, there'll be mega-demand for it. There are thousands of people itching to get their hands on one - and actually producing a Pandora for people to buy when it's ready (people who preordered first, of course) should be the best way do go about things at this stage.

+1

That CD thing sounds fine - lol, So you say: Hey, its a $250 CD! [1 month later] Oh, and heres a present for you: a brand new Pandora :p
Did you ask before planning that? That could end up in alot of trouble if the banks catch this trick..
//Edit: What Racemaniac said...

aq21 said:
AFAIK Bank froze whole account with all money, not just CC pays.

Back