Turboexpress Prices Might Start Dropping On Ebay

you crazy hippies :lol:

Yeah, Dozer understood what I meant, It's obvious the GP32 can play TG16/PCE games with no problem (usually things run alittle TOO fast in the case of Solidier blade) even with sound but it's things like the broken save state or missing bonk sprite in Bonk 2 or how Blazing lazers turns to graphic speghetti after the first miniboss, little things that you wish worked.

i think the author of gp engine died along time ago........ god rest his soul.

and i second the whole drug addiction thing i say spend that money you had for an 8th on a couple of cd's or something. otherwise down the line all you have to show for your money is a couplemof empty bags and shit lungs oh and a coat. yes!

sensible GP32 posted on May 6 2004 at 05:14 PM said:
i think the author of gp engine died along time ago........ god rest his soul.

and i second the whole drug addiction thing i say spend that money you had for an 8th on a couple of cd's or something. otherwise down the line all you have to show for your money is a couplemof empty bags and shit lungs oh and a coat. yes!
Actually, giffel is one of the authors, iirc. He and Black, that is...
Fairly sure on that; correct me by all means if time has clouded my memory :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't think this would generate this many replies. I don't have my BLU's yet but from reading these boards and looking at pics, the new GP32 should rock. When the PCE emulators are perfected the NEC hand helds will probably get put on shelves or attics. It had a true TFT active matrix screen but I always wished it was a little bigger. Then I saw the GP32 and was immediately drooling.

I'd pay for an PCE emulator if it's anything like David Michel's MagicEngine. With that on the new BLU's and we'd be set B)

yeah GPEngine is one of the most perfect emulators on the GP32, if not THE most perfect (other than fSMS). The only thing it's missing is save support, and I guess the graphics are garbled in a few games, but that's not THAT big of an issue as there are hardly any games that dont work anyway

Giffel, do you and black plan on working on GPEngine any more at all? I would just like to know to see if we can expect anything in the future :p

Here's the readme that came with the MagicEngine with their test specs,

"You will need at least a Pentium for correct speed, MagicEngine
has been developed and tested on a P100 with 16MB EDO RAM
and results are very good on this machine, most of the games
run at full frame rate but depending on your configuration
it's possible that there will be some differences. The ideal
machine is probably a P166 with a good video card.......Otherwise the slowestPC
on which MagicEngine has been tested on, is a DX4 100 with 8MB
of RAM and a 4x speeds CD-ROM drive. It was slow but everything
worked perfectly."

Does the GP32's RISC processor make it any better? Seems like memory is an issue but the 32meg upgrade would aleviate this problem. Let's hope David Michel will make an emulator for PCE on the GP32!!!!!

zj_jeepster posted on May 7 2004 at 01:39 AM said:
Here's the readme that came with the MagicEngine with their test specs,

"You will need at least a Pentium for correct speed, MagicEngine
has been developed and tested on a P100 with 16MB EDO RAM
and results are very good on this machine, most of the games
run at full frame rate but depending on your configuration
it's possible that there will be some differences. The ideal
machine is probably a P166 with a good video card.......Otherwise the slowestPC
on which MagicEngine has been tested on, is a DX4 100 with 8MB
of RAM and a 4x speeds CD-ROM drive. It was slow but everything
worked perfectly."

Does the GP32's RISC processor make it any better? Seems like memory is an issue but the 32meg upgrade would aleviate this problem. Let's hope David Michel will make an emulator for PCE on the GP32!!!!!
:huh: Uh we already have full speed PC engine/Turbografx 16 emulation on the GP32, just look up GPEngine

Last edited by a moderator:
Back