TV Out Cable: Time to Mass produce! (2013-06-22)

Good to know. :D

Now I just need EvilDragon to answer my other questions I asked earlier and I'll be all set to order when I get back from work tonight. :)

-God Ginrai

@EvilDragon I am an original pre-orderer who has been waiting for his TV-Out Cable. I remember you mentioning that you were going to give a voucher with the purchase of the TV-Out Cable to help with the purchase of another product from the DragonBox. How would this work? I'm thinking about ordering a 1GHz Pandora and a spare battery for my first Edition Pandora to go along with it. (Since the battery in my first edition Pandora has expanded to the point I don't feel safe using it) Also, I've seen people mention here and there in topics lately about some LCD problem. Could you explain to me what this is and if it will effect the 1GHz Pandora I am considering purchasing?
I'll prepare the code and send it to Jacquelyne... she can then send it to the customers.

The LCD problem was the reason the Pandoras were not available for a while. We didn't ship the bad LCDs.

So no worries, if you buy a Pandora, it will be fine.

ED i'd like to pay with paypal is it possible ? Because i had no choice.

Order number : ******

Posting order numbers is not recommended, due to the risk of someone hijacking your order - Binky

PayPal is enabled for every country out there, so it should be there for you as well.

What options did you have for payments?

@EvilDragon I am an original pre-orderer who has been waiting for his TV-Out Cable. I remember you mentioning that you were going to give a voucher with the purchase of the TV-Out Cable to help with the purchase of another product from the DragonBox. How would this work? I'm thinking about ordering a 1GHz Pandora and a spare battery for my first Edition Pandora to go along with it. (Since the battery in my first edition Pandora has expanded to the point I don't feel safe using it) Also, I've seen people mention here and there in topics lately about some LCD problem. Could you explain to me what this is and if it will effect the 1GHz Pandora I am considering purchasing?
 I'll prepare the code and send it to Jacquelyne... she can then send it to the customers.
So, just to make sure, this means I have to wait until I get an email from Jacquelyne to order?

The LCD problem was the reason the Pandoras were not available for a while. We didn't ship the bad LCDs.

So no worries, if you buy a Pandora, it will be fine.
Ah, that's good to hear. Thanks. :)

-God Ginrai

So, just to make sure, this means I have to wait until I get an email from Jacquelyne to order?
In case you want to use the voucher, yes.

I have no information about TV Out Cables of customers who already have their Pandora, so I can't do it any other way here.

I have no information about TV Out Cables of customers who already have their Pandora, so I can't do it any other way here.
Alright, I'll wait patiently. :)

-God Ginrai

-God Ginrai
I thought about waiting patiently, but then realised that I'd be waiting for Craig (and arguably at the same time taking money out of Eds account).  And more importantly I'm not good at 'patiently'.

So ordered instead.  Can't wait!

Yeah, original preorder with cable here too, but I've just bought one straight after getting the email, why wait any longer ;)

-God Ginrai
 I thought about waiting patiently, but then realised that I'd be waiting for Craig (and arguably at the same time taking money out of Eds account).  And more importantly I'm not good at 'patiently'.

So ordered instead.  Can't wait!
I know what you mean. I thought about that. But I figured: "I can wait a week or so to see if they respond." Honestly, if I haven't heard anything by Monday, I'll send an e-mail to them to see if I can get an answer.

-God Ginrai

Order number : ******

Posting order numbers is not recommended, due to the risk of someone hijacking your order - Binky

PayPal is enabled for every country out there, so it should be there for you as well.

What options did you have for payments?
It seems I missed something.

I made a new order, please delete the 1st one, i'll send you the infos by PM.

I may wait until next month.  If by that time Link has them as well, I would be happy for the closer purchase.

Order number : <redacted>.

That's something I'd like to know, too. I would like to use paypal when I make my order.

-God Ginrai
God (or a mod), please edit your quote to remove the order number.

I'm surprised to to still see people doing this after all this time

Order number : <redacted>.

That's something I'd like to know, too. I would like to use paypal when I make my order.

-God Ginrai
 God (or a mod), please edit your quote to remove the order number.

I'm surprised to to still see people doing this after all this time
Sorry, didn't even think about it. <.<

-God Ginrai

Ordered a Shirt, carry case and a TV Out cable. :)

I considered my original TV out cable purchase a write off to be honest.   I won't be bothering to contact Craig's company. Actually paying for the cable is worth more to me than having to communicate with Craig's company. Plus it's good that this money goes towards ED, I wish I purchased from him because in all honesty I feel like my orders have been a drain on him so far.  I was a part of the whole 1 Ghz fiasco so he didn't really see any money from me and in fact lost money.  I also bought another refurbished unit from Craig which broke and needed repairs and was replaced with a 1 Ghz model.  So overall I feel like I have been a massive drain on his company.   Although I am nowhere near getting into the positive territory it is nice that I am throwing ED some cash for a change.

So ED you need to give me more things I can buy :D Just a shame my Pandora make the need for items like the retrode a bit redundant. Then again it would be nice to use the original controllers :D

Anyway a bit off topic ED what is better the Retrode or the RetroN?   To me it looks like the Retrode is superior due to the plugin system for other consoles, however I am not sure.

Personally, I always considered the Retrode to be the perfect partner to the Pandora - just plug it in, and you can play your old games directly from the cart.

The RetroN3 is a completely different kettle of fish. On one side it's useless for emulation on your Pandora or other device, unlike the Retrode. But on the other it will play your old carts out of the box. The Retrode will also let you play Master System, Nintendo Gameboy and N64 games provided you buy the extra adaptors, plus other systems if you build the adaptors yourself, while the RetroN3 will let your play NES games, which AFAIK you can't yet do with the Retrode.

Just in case anyone's not been paying attention, the TV out cables are finally availble from ED's shop, provided you don't want to wait for his offer to those of us who originally ordered from Craig (personally, I've given up).

Ordered a Shirt, carry case and a TV Out cable. :)

I considered my original TV out cable purchase a write off to be honest.   I won't be bothering to contact Craig's company. Actually paying for the cable is worth more to me than having to communicate with Craig's company. Plus it's good that this money goes towards ED, I wish I purchased from him because in all honesty I feel like my orders have been a drain on him so far.  I was a part of the whole 1 Ghz fiasco so he didn't really see any money from me and in fact lost money.  I also bought another refurbished unit from Craig which broke and needed repairs and was replaced with a 1 Ghz model.  So overall I feel like I have been a massive drain on his company.   Although I am nowhere near getting into the positive territory it is nice that I am throwing ED some cash for a change.
Understandable. I'm going to be shelling out for a 1GHz Pandora and spare battery from ED, so I plan to support him with that purchase. :)

Anyway a bit off topic ED what is better the Retrode or the RetroN?   To me it looks like the Retrode is superior due to the plugin system for other consoles, however I am not sure.
I own a Retrode 2 with the N64 and GBA plugins. I can tell you right now. It is completely worth it. It's an awesome device and works really well. I would tell you to get the Retrode hands down.

-God Ginrai

I'm on Craigs preorder list... but I've ordered anyway.

A little profit for the dragon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought mine from dragonbox as soon as i was emailed that they were in stock, didnt pay via paypal but i also bought new charger and plugs. now i just have to wait :)

Back