TV Out Cable: Time to Mass produce! (2013-06-22)

Just ordered after seeing this post, my email alert saying these were in stock ended up in my spam folder..

I want another one down the road for another TV I have, but I will wait until ithic has them for my second. My homemade cables have all fell apart, hopefully these are a bit more solid.

I'll have some to sell in Paris, France.

If you're around and want one (or more ;^) ) PM me.

Well, seeing how many orders I got, it will still be a few days until you all get your cables, as I certainly can't package all of them up within one day :D

I also needed to order more packaging, so it will be mid week approx. until I really can ship in large numbers :)

1281 in stock. Is that likely to last a while? I want to order all my items at the same time to save postage.

Well, seeing how many orders I got, it will still be a few days until you all get your cables, as I certainly can't package all of them up within one day :D

I also needed to order more packaging, so it will be mid week approx. until I really can ship in large numbers :)
Hey ED, how many cables orders did you receive? :) Care to share numbers? 

I was planning on order a few for Japan as well. I'll drop you a message.

So, how do I get a voucher number? I want to buy a tv out cable from dragonbox. My original tv out order with craig is clearly not gonna happen at this stage.

I'm sorry if it's been asked before, but will it be possible to play multiplayer games (native or emulated) on the Pandora with the TV-out cable, with one or more external controllers attached to the USB port? I know at one time I kept track of the Pandora games with multiplayer (over here, the "MP" column) but the list is long-outdated now, and I have no idea at all about the situation with emulators. It would be nice to know if other people have tried it and which controllers worked for them (I suppose all the ones listed as working over here would be fine, if there are no software support issues). Maybe since the TV-Out cables are finally here, the Dragon Box shop should sell guaranteed-to-work external controllers for the Pandora? They might sell well...

I'm sorry if it's been asked before, but will it be possible to play multiplayer games (native or emulated) on the Pandora with the TV-out cable, with one or more external controllers attached to the USB port? I know at one time I kept track of the Pandora games with multiplayer (over here, the "MP" column) but the list is long-outdated now, and I have no idea at all about the situation with emulators. It would be nice to know if other people have tried it and which controllers worked for them (I suppose all the ones listed as working over here would be fine, if there are no software support issues). Maybe since the TV-Out cables are finally here, the Dragon Box shop should sell guaranteed-to-work external controllers for the Pandora? They might sell well...
Yes it works fine with PanMAME for example, and you can configure the controls of your second controller from the menu. For other emulators, PCSX works fine as well. As for others, I have not tried yet. 

By the way, you don't need "certified controllers", any standard USB controller will work. Even PS3 controllers work. Just avoid anything proprietary (xbox controller or stuff like that). 

I got 1503 and based on the waiting list I had at the shop (about 200), this should be more than enough.

As long as its a usb 2.0 device. Otherwise you need a hub in between. The Tv-out is just a representation of what is on the internal screen. AFAIK you get the same content on the internal one simultaneously , at least that was how it was on the gamescom video.

As for outdated wiki pages that reinvent a repo, it should be deleted since nobody maintains it, the not finished ones could get a category of their own though, as that info isnt duplicated elsewhere (?)

No, you can also use it as second screen.

In the GamesCom-Video, you can also see someone play NDS with one screen on the Pandora and the second on the TV :)

NDS is so far the only app that uses that though.

As long as its a usb 2.0 device. Otherwise you need a hub in between.
Thanks, I guess all the USB 1.1 devices listed on the Pandorawiki list are out, then. (don't fancy carrying a hub around for that)
As for outdated wiki pages that reinvent a repo, it should be deleted since nobody maintains it, the not finished ones could get a category of their own though, as that info isnt duplicated elsewhere (?)
I don't think it's a good strategy to delete everything just because some parts of it are not up to date. The wiki lists are outdated but they still have tons of info that the Repo often doesn't have, such as the aforementioned multiplayer information, the links to the discussion threads for each program, and the ability to quickly sort by emulated system. They also used to link to many programs that were not available on the Repo, although I'm not sure how true that is these days. (And probably neither are you, because you haven't checked. I don't blame you, it would take a really long time.)
EDIT: Changed a sentence after reflecting "How would ED write this?" ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm I dont get redirected to paypal when I press purchace items, it did forward me to the credit card page so I ordered that way :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back