TV Out Cable: Time to Mass produce! (2013-06-22)

Its only been 4 weeks since mass production started.  ED said in the first post 7 weeks.  I'd say we are a month out from being able to order them if I had to guess.

TBH I'd just order an extra cable and cut it open to do that, the EXT connectors themselves are very fiddly to work with, and this way you'd get one properly connected and sealed on the Pandora side.
Just...%#$

(1) that would probably cost a fortune compared to the few bucks for one from the US (where I live) that "claims" it would fit.

(2) It will certainly not have ALL the lines, I'd have to carve into the pandora-side (breaking that propper seal) just to get GPIO pins, or whatever they don't add.

(3) If they'll just include the extra not connected (raw) then they don't have to charge as much for it, plus larger quantities could get better pricing if enough hackers want it.

My concern is not my own skills (wiring it right), but fear of buying a connector that's not the right fit--especially if it costs me five times the price just for shipping over-seas.

fear of buying a connector that's not the right fit
They'll fit. I don't know if Link is selling any but I've still got a few dozen. $10 I can ship you 3 to do with as you see fit.whatever you want.
edit: potentially ambiguous language, probably shouldn't have used that term there. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Sincerely i'm bit worried to have read the cable will be only 20cm long, so it means that if you want to play, browse internet or other thing you have to necessarely add other extension cable to the cable. I hope at least the connector will stay in place under the weight of all composite connectors showed in the picture.

I'm just imaging the scene of me playing holding the Pandora to use the Nubs or whatever, and having all those connectors dangling, i just hope it's not stressful for the output port!
Most important point is that the 20cm "dongle" type will not plug into your TV!  You need already have your TV cables, then you just plug your cables into this little thing to adapt to the Pandora

(2) It will certainly not have ALL the lines, I'd have to carve into the pandora-side (breaking that propper seal) just to get GPIO pins, or whatever they don't add.
I know, I already agreed about that here - my suggestion was in response to yours here specifically talking about extending the cable for the purposes of reducing weight connecting to the TV, so my assumption was simply that only the Audio/Video lines were required, not that you wanted a cable for full access to all available lines also, I missed that part in my rush to reply.

@Asmo  I saw, you know what you're talking about :)   Yes I was just trying to guess why the other ppl think it's bad that the "cable is too short". I never wanted a fully assembled one as much as I want access to all the pins. I'm an engineer first, then a gamer...

fear of buying a connector that's not the right fit
They'll fit. I don't know if Link is selling any but I've still got a few dozen. $10 I can ship you 3 to do with as you see fit.whatever you want.

edit: potentially ambiguous language, probably shouldn't have used that term there. :p
WizardStan, Thanks for adding that edit; I supposed you meant they was Link or anyone who really uses it. The part I was questioning was anonymous, I just googled "openpandora connector" and found a small pack for $5 in the US. I don't know who was selling it or if they really made sure it fits. In fact when ED talks about the first run where a manufacturer decided to substitute a real cheap connector instead of the one already proven, it did not fit well. That is why we are still waiting here, the first run didn't work good enough. That cheap one is the kind of connector I am worried about if I don't wait for this official cable.

I still hope I can get a good reference for the raw connector that is the right fit, however. I don't know where is best to ask and I don't have time to read every post looking for what has been given, my search only turned up a few ppl who already made a batch and distributed them.

Link, in the US, is the official reseller of all things Pandora. His shop is ithic.com and you can see he has raw ext connectors in stock. Last year I also purchased 2000 of them which I then proceeded to sell basically at cost. I've got a couple dozen left if you want for cheap. Haven't heard any complaints on the connectors.

Too bad you don't have some tiny BoB to go with those connectors, I would have ordered a set (connector & BoB)!

,,, but you can easily get those connectors from my shop...?
Thats another exception, so obvious that i forgot :)
Too bad you don't have some tiny BoB to go with those connectors, I would have ordered a set (connector & BoB)!
I got some of those from Peca but eventually never used them. I could send you a couple at cost.

I am curious too when they come can i record in better Quality maybe :)

I know, I already agreed about that here - my suggestion was in response to yours here specifically talking about extending the cable for the purposes of reducing weight connecting to the TV, so my assumption was simply that only the Audio/Video lines were required, not that you wanted a cable for full access to all available lines also, I missed that part in my rush to reply.
I figured that you are in the know, so I didn't mean to imply that you didn't know how it works but I noticed that you didn't know that I did know

because...   :)

In case this helps, I was trying to guess why [somebody else] wished it was a longer cable. To me the official one, working as an adapter so the Pandora becomes like any VCR is the excellent choice. The only problem for me (not having anything to do with guessing why they wanted a long cable) was that I am a hacker, and all the pins are not available. I get a sour taste when vendors try to hide possibilities from me, where as other people get upset when you give them too much information, or only tell them what they need to know and then make them figure out what that means they need to do... That's not me.

So yes I'd like to get maybe three raw connectors from somebody who has leftovers. I suppose $10 is fair. That commercial place I googled was I think 3 for $5 but I didn't keep track of them. I hoped to find something for no more than $7

Sorry about answering some things twice, somewhere my brain rebooted and I lost my backups...

,,, but you can easily get those connectors from my shop...?
So one thing I wasn't sure is how much it would cost to get both from your shop to the US, 1 official cable and about 2 raw connectors? I know the small connectors would not really increase the weight or size of the package.

Back