Release UAE4All 2.0

Is there any chance of adding support for zipped adf files? :)

any news on savestates in 2.0 yet?

PNDManager constantly offers to upgrade UAE4ALL, and I wait for the moment when I accidentally select it for upgrade. ;-)

You can select either version on boot up of the newest PND, you can always keep a backup of the older one to be safe! :)

Hmm, UAE just started to be unresponsive to keypresses. The start menu comes up and the background is animated but I can't do anything. Had to reboot the Pandora.

I then renamed the appdata directory and UAE created a new one but still no go. Every keypress is ignored.

Am I the only one?

A2000

Hmm, UAE just started to be unresponsive to keypresses. The start menu comes up and the background is animated but I can't do anything. Had to reboot the Pandora.

I then renamed the appdata directory and UAE created a new one but still no go. Every keypress is ignored.

Am I the only one?

A2000
Uae 2.0? There might be old appdata from the old uae that is causing the problem.Delete it if there is any. Or else just delete and reinstall the uae 2.0 pnd.

Am I the only one?

A2000
Uae 2.0? There might be old appdata from the old uae that is causing the problem.Delete it if there is any. Or else just delete and reinstall the uae 2.0 pnd.
Yes, latest version. I had "deleted" the appdata via renaming it. Though I had UAE running in the latest version before. It just stopped working from one day to the other day.

But nevermind, I reinstalled it and it works now. Thank you for your help.

Wow, this works really great!

I had some free time at last and tested the new version. Keef the Thief is now running even with full touchscreen-support :)

Really some great work you did here!

Stouffa?anyone?get cd games working specifically onescapee and capital punishment.?what version of banshee are ye using?

Don't think I have any cd games in my collection to try out actually! I'll have to have a proper browse... ;)

Is there a way to bypass the screen that lets you select between versions?

I only want to use one version of UAE, and find the selection at the beginning a bit annoying.

Also, would it be possible to let uae autostart into a HD file that contains the workbench?, instead of having to set it up and choosing reset?

Also, tnx for this great program.

Btw, how come the screen settings do not apply to the menu?

The menu is always in 4:3 (black borders on side) regardless of the setting, the screen wont go fullscreen until i start a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you set up all the parameters for your HDF file, then saved that as the global config, would that automatically set up everything you need for all subequent uses of the emulator?

If you set up all the parameters for your HDF file, then saved that as the global config, would that automatically set up everything you need for all subequent uses of the emulator?

It helps a lot, but even better would be an option to auto start the HD file i have selected :) , but only if it isnt too much hassle, i dont want to be a nuisance.

More important is, how can i skip the selection screen, i want to force the panda to always use the newer UAE4all.

I'm no programmer, but I'd imagine that it'd be possible to change the startup script to only use the newer UAE. That's probably for john4p to help you I'm afraid (I just press Enter to fly through that bit!)

btw, after installing workbench in winUAE, what files do i copy to the pandora to make it work in UAE4all?

I only copied the System.hdf, but it doesnt work on my pandora, i get a blue screen with an error that says theres no dos disk.......

Are there other files that need to be copied over too?

Ok the way I did it was to download Classic WB Lite, then I installed Workbench through that on WinUAE. It is possible to do this on Pandora itself, but it's much slower! THen on the Pandora, when you go into Hard Disk and memory settings, change the boot option to file. Select HD File, then navigate to your system.hdf file. If you want to add a directory of HD installed games, you can then click on HD dir and navigate to the relevant directory then press L to select. then boot up the emulator and enjoy!

Forgot to say you can't load up the HDF file like a floppy disk, that won't do anything...

Hope this helps (or indeed works, I'm going from memory here!! ) ;)

Has anyone gotten Super Methane Bros to work? When I insert disk 2 and press fire, it doesn't load.

I know there's the remake but I prefer the Amiga version.

Edit: nvm, my 2nd disk was corrupted sorry :p

Ok the way I did it was to download Classic WB Lite, then I installed Workbench through that on WinUAE. It is possible to do this on Pandora itself, but it's much slower! THen on the Pandora, when you go into Hard Disk and memory settings, change the boot option to file. Select HD File, then navigate to your system.hdf file. If you want to add a directory of HD installed games, you can then click on HD dir and navigate to the relevant directory then press L to select. then boot up the emulator and enjoy!

Forgot to say you can't load up the HDF file like a floppy disk, that won't do anything...

Hope this helps (or indeed works, I'm going from memory here!! ) ;)

Thanks for the info, its exactly what i did, there must be something wrong with the HD file, pretty strange it does work on WinUAE but not on UAE4all,o well, il have to try again.

*edit*

Got it working, my kick on the panda was different file then the kick i used on winuae.

Both where kick31 roms, but somehow i had to use the exact same one i used for installing workbench :)

Gonna make a lite install now, then full install i did seems to load a bit slow, btw, how did you set a different directory with hd installed games?

And did you install the games yourself, or are they whdload versions?

Back