Uae4all Gp2x 0.7.0

Julius said:
Damn and I hoped Battle Isle (and Historyline) would finally work... but all I get is a black screen with the music running :(

Anyways great work!
Have you tried moving the bias slider. Turrican 3 does the same thing till the slider is moved all the way to the left. Then when the picture comes on you can move the slider where you want

Last edited by a moderator:
I just double checked the youtube video and the pitch is slightly higher than in my video I got on my pc. So they did not only **** up the audio sync, but the speed as well. I'm sorry, I hadn't noticed before. Please don't get yourself stressed over getting your gp2x to match the video's sound pitch, if you can get it as high as the one in my 2nd audio clip then that's as best as it goes, seriously!

"is considering to upload videos on own server from now on" .. grrr, stupid youtube.

"SunSpire"

foleyjo said:
Have you tried moving the bias slider. Turrican 3 does the same thing till the slider is moved all the way to the left. Then when the picture comes on you can move the slider where you want
Wow, that really did it, thanks a lot!

Edit: still seems to hickup later though :(

Turrican Youtube Video -UPDATED

Well after finding out about the wrong timings in the previous video I felt a bit guilty, lol .. so I made a new
one and this time everything is correct: audio / video sync and playback speed. So what you see is really
how it performs on my gp2x :)

"SunSpire"

Can anyone care to try out how 'Realms of Arkania' runs on this particular version? I broke my GP2X doing a particular hack so it's killing me to miss out on so much. :(

mrpham said:
Can anyone care to try out how 'Realms of Arkania' runs on this particular version? I broke my GP2X doing a particular hack so it's killing me to miss out on so much. :(
It gives me a message stating: Konnte 270714 bytes CHIP RAM nicht allozieren. Drucken Sie eine Taste...

Babelfish translates that as: 270714 bytes chip RAM could not allozieren. Print a key...

When I hit a key it dumps me back to Workbench.

I'm assuming that it can't allocate enough chip ram; it gives me the same message with WinUAE running as a stock 500.

By the way, that's with the bias set in the first three positions - anything right of center and I lose the mouse pointer.

Hallie Miles said:
mrpham said:
It gives me a message stating: Konnte 270714 bytes CHIP RAM nicht allozieren. Drucken Sie eine Taste...

Babelfish translates that as: 270714 bytes chip RAM could not allozieren. Print a key...

When I hit a key it dumps me back to Workbench.

So are you loading it from a workbench?? There might be a way to get it to work if you make the startup-sequence load the game rather than the workbench

[/quote]

So are you loading it from a workbench?? There might be a way to get it to work if you make the startup-sequence load the game rather than the workbench
[/quote]

The floppy loads WB up; I just tried going from there. Actually, it's been quite a few years since my 2000 has been up and running, so I'm not sure I even remember HOW to write a start-up sequence any more ^_^

I've got to say, though, I've been running through the TOSEC set, and I'm amazed at how much stuff runs on this little machine, ESPECIALLY all of the Psynosis games! I'd have given long odds that I'd never see Agony on a hand-held, but there it is. Same with the Team 17 games - I figured the graphics would be impossible to reproduce without the chips.

chaos engineer said:
swos is really at playable speed now. thank you very very very much notaz and critical. did anyone have luck with Giana Sisters? Doesen't work for me
Cisco Heat - seems to work fine.

Great Giana Sisters - None of the Red Sector cracks work; I can get past the crack screen, but it loads to sector 16, the status bar jumps up a fraction of an inch, then the machine freezes and I have to turn it off. BUT all three versions of the Skyline crack work fine. I even got the trainer for the LFC version working. It fluctuates between 47-50 on the frame counter.

By the way, I'm running with the memory tweaks, overclocked to 250, and load with the bias at 1, then bump up to 2 or 3 after the crack screen is gone.

JimmySlam said:
We just need to put the sound an octave higher and it will be near to be VERY VERY GOOD. AT the moment is *just* ;) VERY GOOD.
I've fixed this today, but that caused a little speed hit. But I added an option to go back to bad pitch.
Sound crash also seems to be fixed, but you can never know until many people try.

Currently I'm interested in regressions, that is in games which worked in 0.6.4, but do not work in 0.7.0. Also, games crashing the emulator are also needed. Full image names would be most helpful (TOSEC or similar, like "Turrican (1990)(Rainbow Arts)[cr PNA][h ECI][t +4 PNA](Disk 1 of 2).adf"). I'll plan to do some tweaking tomorrow, and release 0.7.1 in the evening. After that I will move to other projects, uae4all code is a mess, it no longer interests me, sorry.

Is that because it's originally a dreamcast port? ;) Anyhow, I'll see what I can do to create a compatibility list for uae4all! I was very excited about the last release (if you couldn't tell!) and fixing the sound issues would be the cherry on top of the cake, I'm really looking forward to this :) Thanks to notaz and everyone involved for the hard work! You made a dream come true for many out there!!

Hallie Miles~
Yes, you are assuming correct. There is not enough chip ram available to run ROA on the gp2x. Babelfish translated something right for once, lol

chaos engineer~
See if you can get
Great Giana Sisters, The (1988)(Time Warp)[t +4 LFC].adf

That one works like a charm, and even comes with a trainer should you need it :p

"SunSpire"

notaz said:
JimmySlam said:
We just need to put the sound an octave higher and it will be near to be VERY VERY GOOD. AT the moment is *just* ;) VERY GOOD.
I've fixed this today, but that caused a little speed hit. But I added an option to go back to bad pitch.
Sound crash also seems to be fixed, but you can never know until many people try.

Currently I'm interested in regressions, that is in games which worked in 0.6.4, but do not work in 0.7.0. Also, games crashing the emulator are also needed. Full image names would be most helpful (TOSEC or similar, like "Turrican (1990)(Rainbow Arts)[cr PNA][h ECI][t +4 PNA](Disk 1 of 2).adf"). I'll plan to do some tweaking tomorrow, and release 0.7.1 in the evening. After that I will move to other projects, uae4all code is a mess, it no longer interests me, sorry.

Cheers dude!

I was looking throught the code and i found
on include\custom.h folder:

CODE
95 - #define VBLANK_HZ_PAL 50
96 - #define VBLANK_HZ_NTSC 60

If you set both to 60 it will work quicker but maybe another stuff will to too quick, what do you think letting the user change the region passing the argument when the prog is executed?

I am just incapable of compiling all of this code. But If i could i would add features to the gui like NTSC / PAL and joystick + keyboard + mouse support. It would be very nice :)

I have linux on my VMware server , if u are using linux can u prepare something so I can compile it if is not a very long thing to do? Please :) I promise i would add the support this summer. I need to find out how to.

I am used to DevCPP on Windows compiling using just a key. I am a developer not a compiler (I dont know how to compile creating makefiles or any of that).:(

Cheers man.

that's an interesting idea.. it will change pal/ntsc timings and vsync time (it'll run %20? faster) but it'll surely give speed increase (200 lines vs 256 lines)..

instead of changing the defines, it's better to clear beamcon0 (bit5) to make uae think it's running on as ntsc..

damn.. i can't wait to try this out to see the result, thanks :D

JimmySlam said:
I was looking throught the code and i found
on include\custom.h folder:

CODE
95 - #define VBLANK_HZ_PAL 50
96 - #define VBLANK_HZ_NTSC 60
If you set both to 60 it will work quicker but maybe another stuff will to too quick, what do you think letting the user change the region passing the argument when the prog is executed?

Back