Uae4all Gp2x 0.7.2

moxy said:
ok here is a list of games that work on 0.6.4. but not on 0.7.0.
Rodland

Works now on 0.7.1

Last edited by a moderator:
hehe, I'm on many forums, but a double post inside the same post, that's a first for me :)

Anyway Gods is confirmed stuck after loading graphic on 0.7.0. Haven't installed 0.7.1 yet.... work ya know...

tested a couple off that list with version 0.7.1 and

Bignose the Caveman -- works fine
CJ's Elephane Antics -- works fine
Cannon Fodder -- works fine
Monty Python -- works fin
Navy Seals -- works fine

foleyjo said:
On a different note Turrican 3 seems to do the freeze thing for me now. Not far into playing it. On the plus side its a lot faster though. Im overclocked to 250
oh yeah its the "turrican 3(1993)(Rainbow Arts){cr TRS}" version. Im gonna try another version to see if it still happens
You can try adjusting System clock/Sync threshold. Technically 100/100 setting should work best for all games, but in some rare cases other settings might work better.

notaz said:
foleyjo said:
On a different note Turrican 3 seems to do the freeze thing for me now. Not far into playing it. On the plus side its a lot faster though. Im overclocked to 250
oh yeah its the "turrican 3(1993)(Rainbow Arts){cr TRS}" version. Im gonna try another version to see if it still happens
You can try adjusting System clock/Sync threshold. Technically 100/100 setting should work best for all games, but in some rare cases other settings might work better.

No Im not getting any difference. It always locks up the gp2x when i get to the first set of stairs no matter what version and what clock/sync i try

Is there a clock sync threshold that stops the freeze in project x??

moxy said:
ok here is a list of games that work on 0.6.4. but not on 0.7.0.
Gods
Magic Pockets
Run perfect on 0.7.1

JimmySlam said:
wow, turrican 1 and 2 are fliying!!!!!!!
Can't wait to get home now and try this.....3 hours and counting!
Any difference with the loading times using 0.7.1?

:huh: SHADOW OF THE BEAST WORK?

I have tried it, but FREEZE the emu when appear the first enemy, i speak of 0.7.0 and 0.7.1

DARKGATE said:
:huh: SHADOW OF THE BEAST WORK?

I have tried it, but FREEZE the emu when appear the first enemy, i speak of 0.7.0 and 0.7.1
The same here, I'm using The Band version.

Tried different settings every time it crashes after a few seconds walking.

Thats 3 Games freezing now. Project X, Turrican 3 and Shadow of the beast :( . All 3 are must have games for the Amiga.

Notaz you said you wont be working on uae anymore but will you still be doing more work on cyclone and if so will new versions of cyclone be added to UAE

foleyjo said:
Thats 3 Games freezing now. Project X, Turrican 3 and Shadow of the beast :( . All 3 are must have games for the Amiga.
ok, I'll look at them then. Can't promise anything though.
BTW, I'm able to run Project X with 100/100 setting in PAL mode. My adf is named "Project-X (1992)(Team 17)[cr Nemesis](Disk 1 of 4).adf"

foleyjo said:
Notaz you said you wont be working on uae anymore but will you still be doing more work on cyclone and if so will new versions of cyclone be added to UAE
I'll send it to critical, but I doubt that will be needed, as I think Cyclone doesn't have major bugs left. Current problems are caused by bad interface code between Cyclone and emulator, not by Cyclone itself.

The only Game i didnt find working yet out of all those i testet was Elvira - The Arcade Game...

Crappy to some... A Classic to others because of your truely Elvira... :D

It totally freezes my GP2X during loading.

Otherwise an awesome emulator... Can you port it to Windows Mobile too? B)

My projectX works. it could be special edition cause has two music themes.

The one i had on my original amiga had only one theme. Maybe this version is the one that works.

JimmySlam said:
My projectX works. it could be special edition cause has two music themes.

The one i had on my original amiga had only one theme. Maybe this version is the one that works.
Just double checked the current Project X adf im using and yes it is the special edition one that ive been trying. Sorry for not noticing that before .

Notaz Turrican 3 worked fine in 0.7.0 apart from the sound problems.
Also the freezing that happened previously on Project X was always random. Turrican 3 and Project X Special edition seem to always freeze in the same place.
Turrican at the first set of stairs and Project X on the title screen. Hope this info helps in some way :D

UPDATE -- Lost Patrol is a freezer after the language selection screen

More positive -- Alien Breed Tower Assault works great
Trolls works now

Project X has timing issues. It's a bit pain to fight those, took nearly a day to hack around that other version. Which exact version you all want?

Turrican 3 causes a crash by accessing chipmem memory out of bounds. Adding a check for this causes nasty performance hit..

Shadow of the beast: sh*t this game intentionally causes address errors (when non-player sprites appear) and expects group 0 exception to kick in! I thought address errors mean a complete crash anyway, so I do not need to to bother emulating them in Cyclone. I guess this is wrong, and I'll have to do 0.7.2.

Damien said:
Otherwise an awesome emulator... Can you port it to Windows Mobile too? B)
No as I don't have any WM devices.

notaz said:
Project X has timing issues. It's a bit pain to fight those, took nearly a day to hack around that other version. Which exact version you all want?
Project X --I never really knew what the differences were between x and x special edition. Apart from one being on 3 disks and 1 being on 4. I see no reason why you should bother making special edition work if people can already play the other version. If anyone knows of a major difference then Id like to know it.

If you are planning on working on this emulator for a little bit longer then I think one of the other 2 games would be more appreciated

Notaz I jsut found a solution for Turrican 3. It appears to work ok with Kickstart 2.0. I havent had chance to test it fully but it didnt freeze in the usual place. It didnt freeze at all while i played it but i wasnt on it for long

Project X Special still locks up with 2.0.
Lost Patrol still locks up but there should be a version without the language select screen so Ill check that version when I find it.

I dont have shadow of the beast so if someone else can try it with different kickstarts

Lets hope Critical has a kickstart editor in his next release

Awwwwesome release :D
Cool :)

Some weirdness with Turrican and Turrican 2 though:
The sound sounds completely perfect - except if you collect a diamond. It sounds way too crisp, loud and long. Hard to explain, can record it from an original Amiga and from the gp2x if that does help you.

Also, I'd suggest a second Joystick setting:

A = Fire
X = Joystick Up
B = Space / Second button

That would make a lot of Jump'n'Run games much more enjoyable on the gp2x :D

Back