Uae4all Gp2x 0.7.2

Great job, notaz (GnoStic and Critical) - Your work is highly appreciated. The AMIGA-Emu is definitely one of my favorites on the GP2X.

Is it even possible to fix the problem with the wrong colours (black graphics) problem in PINBALL DREAMS
(or also in TRAPS'N'TREASURES) ? This issue exists since 0.6.4.

Sorry but I only look at compatibility issues caused by addition or Cyclone (i.e. games that worked on 0.6.4, but not 0.7.x). The graphics and sound problems mentioned might be caused by older UAE version this emu is based on.

Hi Notaz,

I just found three more games that doesnt work.

First and second samurai, when the game is about to start the both freeze.
Osiris, when the machine is about to think to make a movement.
Goal, does guru guru, but i imagine it could be the disk. Does anyone else have that problem?

Turrican has that problem with the diamonds, a minnor problem after all, yeah. It is a problem with the emulation of the sound, probably Paula's emulation fault.

Vroom, works great, you should try it :)
Fire and Ice, works well.

Hmm, is the mode HAL emulated? Cause in Agony and other games that uses this technology to show very nice graphics normally, they look wrong in here, colours missing.

I finally can enjoy so many games, even Win'n'Liz that was totally implayable before!

Thanks men.!

Jimmy I just posted about gurus in the other forum. They are more likely down to the version of the game ad or kickstart you are using
With Turrican have you tried changing the sound settings??
By Hal I think you mean HAM which is what the Amiga used to display all the Amigas colours. You could test if this is emulated or not by using Dpaint and seeing what happens with the colour pallet when you select Ham

Notaz -- I was mistaken before. Now Ive had time to test turrican 3 with a different kickstart it seems I just had a lucky go last night and it still freezes. I must have somehow missed the point of freeze but it got me a little later. :( -(if you jump the steps it doesnt freeze but it gets you in the end)

foleyjo said:
Jimmy I just posted about gurus in the other forum. They are more likely down to the version of the game ad or kickstart you are using
By Hal I think you mean HAM which is what the Amiga used to display all the Amigas colours. You could test if this is emulated or not by using Dpaint and seeing what happens with the colour pallet when you select Ham
Notaz -- I was mistaken before. Now Ive had time to test turrican 3 with a different kickstart it seems I just had a lucky go last night and it still freezes. I must have somehow missed the point of freeze but it got me a little later. :(

I will have a try to deluxe paint 4 soon :)

I am busy at the moment, and yesterday i had the idea of spending hours triying stuff on0.7.1 and now i am even busier :(

Last edited by a moderator:
OK heres 3 new games with problems

Bomb X - Freezes just after Title Screen
Cover girl strip poker -- Most colours on the girls are replaced with black
Rodland - only runs at full speed in NTSC mode however this causes the bottom of the screen to get cut off

just to prove Im not just here to moan at games that dont work heres a list of games that work at a good speed (if not ful) without having to change any settings. If you cant get one of them to work try a different version and use kickstart 1.3

Alien Breed Tower Assault
Apcalypse
ATR
Barbarian (Palace version)
Base Jumpers
Benefacter
Blinkys Scary School
Bobs Bad Day
Buggy Boy
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder 2
Captain Blood
CJ's Elephands Antics
Death Mask
D Generation
Dream Web
Duck Tales
Escape From Colditz
fantasy World Dizzy
Fiendish Freddy
Hollywood Hustler
hudson Hawk
Hunter
Impossible Mission 2025
It Came From The Desert
Lost Patrol --****Make Sure its the aga fixed version without the language selection screen****
Lure of the Temptress
Magicland Dizzy
Monty Pythons Flying Circus
Moonstone
Mortal Kombat
Navy Seals
Paradroid 90
Parasol Stars
Rampart
Sensible World Of Soccer
Slightly Magic
Stardust
Steel Empire
Superfrog
Tetris Pro
The Three Stooges
Titanic Binky
Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles
Treasure Island Dizzy
Trolls
Super Tennis Chamos
valhalla And The Fortress Of Eve
Wings Of Fury
Wizkid

i just tried successfully:

Ports of Call
Wings of Fury
Syndicate (altought its a bit hard to play without keyboard/mouse)

too bad we have no savestates yet, i would happily donate $50,-- if they are implemented!
just so i can start UAE, load the savestate and BING be there. the loading of games and the diskswapping are a bit tiresome for a quick game at the subway.

all in all i am amazed at the super performance!

thanks a lot to the devs!! :ph34r:

edit: Alien Breed works too, nice! unfortunately, the black hawk release of Supremacy locks up the whole gp2x. maybe i try another ADF if i can find one

I have not tried the Amiga emu on the GP2X before. I am right now enjoying
Battle Squadron
Datastorm :lol: good retro fun
Disposable Hero
Katakis :huh: I just got blowed up

These games are working nice, real nice.

This has just earned a place on my SD card. B)

foleyjo said:
HAM and EHB aren't emulated properly. I once got them working fine, but then when the grand code-reshuffle occured when FAME/C was integrated, that change got lost along the way.

I'll add it back in when the dust has settled ;)

kanzlr said:
too bad we have no savestates yet, i would happily donate $50,-- if they are implemented!
just so i can start UAE, load the savestate and BING be there. the loading of games and the diskswapping are a bit tiresome for a quick game at the subway.
Do I see a bounty here? :)

I think you're right btw. Savestates would make the emu almost perfect. It was not in the scope of Notaz's project so maybe Critical can add it after the Notaz tornado has passed.

b._.o._.b said:
the Notaz tornado
Not the most flattering comparison. How's about "the Notaz Wizball"? ;)

I'm going to have another crack at savestates soon. I'm working on the key/button remapping stuff at the moment... it really is nicer to have a button mapped to do the jumping rather than using the joystick "up".

I i found a problem that i have been there since 0.5.1 which is in leander, there is not collition detection with sprites, only with the background 0_0
that is weird innit!

Would be really nice to have a button for jumping.

Speaking of mapping, would it be possible to add a keymap for Worms? Like enter is used for jumping and space for weapon launching etc. The R / L button mapping for all the pinball games worked really well, so thought it would be really nice to have a configuration for Worms as well :)

Or even better, a configuration file that people can edit to add / remove own keymaps for each game.

Notaz~
I doubt the crashing comes from overclocking my unit to 266mhz, because I've always done that in many programs and never had any trouble there, that and the fact that my unit still crashes at 200mhz in all the games I have tested (quite a few). It's only like that since 0.7.1 that my unit freezes constantly. I will format my SD card and copy all uae4all files over again and test some more games to see if that solves it. If not, I'll post the game titles here so other people can try them and report back if they have similar problems.

I remember when WinUAE had savestate support for the very first time, each savestate was a massive 5 MB in size or even more, definitely not very healthy for smaller SD cards.

JimmySlam said:
I i found a problem that i have been there since 0.5.1 which is in leander, there is not collition detection with sprites, only with the background 0_0
that is weird innit!
This problem exists in various games, for example Katakis where you can't attach the satellite thing to your ship because it just flies past you. WinUAE got a section for that called "Collision Level" where you can choose between None, Sprites & Sprites vs. Playfield, Sprites Only and Full. I dunno what each of them means tho, maybe one of the devs knows more :)

"SunSpire"

SunSpire said:
Would be really nice to have a button for jumping.

Speaking of mapping, would it be possible to add a keymap for Worms? Like enter is used for jumping and space for weapon launching etc. The R / L button mapping for all the pinball games worked really well, so thought it would be really nice to have a configuration for Worms as well :)

Or even better, a configuration file that people can edit to add / remove own keymaps for each game.

Maybe an option when you have the virtual keyboard up to assign the key press to a button.
eg: If you press "Y" on the shift key Y is assigned to shift

Another great release. The command line options are brilliant! :)

I may as well include a couple of games that are having issues...
- Tearaway Thomas - Cracked by Fairlight. Trained by Anthrox. CRC 45633245. The bottom of the screen is cut off so you can't see time, lives and gems. PAL/NTSC makes no difference to the cut off.
- Mad Professor Mariarti - Cracked and trained by Skid Row. CRC FCF129F0. Music doesn't play. Sound effects do.

Second Samurai has already been mentioned, so I won't bother with that one :)

There's various others that I just can't remember right now.

Thanks notaz! :)

EDIT:
Actually, another issue I've found is the controls....
The Keyboard+Joystick control thing doesn't actually do anything. When I set it to Joystick only, then I have access to the keyboard. Is it just a mixup in graphics? Why is there 3 options anyway? Couldn't it just be mouse and Joystick+Keyboard?

Alternatively, any chance of having them all mapped with just 1 option? eg. L+R = Mouse buttons. X+B = 2 joystick buttons. Y brings up keyboard. A removes keyboard.
Maybe that's too much?

Jimmy said:
EDIT:
Actually, another issue I've found is the controls....
The Keyboard+Joystick control thing doesn't actually do anything. When I set it to Joystick only, then I have access to the keyboard. Is it just a mixup in graphics? Why is there 3 options anyway? Couldn't it just be mouse and Joystick+Keyboard?
Actually, it's keyboard "TO" joystick mapping rather than "and". What it does is mapping the shift keys to L and R so you can use them for pinball games (pinball dreams, pinball fantasies etc.) which wouldn't be playable otherwise. The B button is also used in this mode to launch the ball.

If you look further up you'll notice that I asked about such a keymapping for Worms, with the game using only a few keys on the keyboard (enter = jump, space = launch) it would be really neat to have these keys mapped to A+B while having mouse control at the same time. BUT, that would make 4 options already ;)

"SunSpire"

savestates is on the top of my wish list too. Some games let you wait for five minutes until you get into the gameplay, (what means that the batteries are almost empty after the loading, intro and title screen sequences),

...but anyway it is just a wish of a happy gp2x user that still cannot believe that there is such an awesome amiga emu this handheld

SunSpire said:
I doubt the crashing comes from overclocking my unit to 266mhz, because I've always done that in many programs and never had any trouble there, that and the fact that my unit still crashes at 200mhz in all the games I have tested (quite a few). It's only like that since 0.7.1 that my unit freezes constantly.
It might be RAM timings then. They may be on the very limit and 0.7.1 does some memory access patterns which your overclocked RAM can't handle. Have you tried without RAM overclock?

great work on integrating the Cyclone core into Uae Notaz. I rememeber you from the www.my-symbian.com forums and your work on picodrive and snes9x uiq2 ports.Both were used often on my now decomissioned A925. Now.. i don't have a GP2X...But i do have a Zaurus C1000 which is a somewhat similar device cpu wise. It has an Xscale pxa270 cpu capable of 624mhz max with 64mb sdram bla, bla, bla...Anyways, i'm currently trying to compile your latest uae4all but i'm having some trouble with your makefile. To be exact, the compile stage runs fine but i'm having some troubles with the linking stage. i tried cross compiling and compiling it natively. Both failed at the link stage. the native compile can't find my libpthreads and the cross compile can't find my libSDL files. But those problems are probably due to my lack of knowledge, i can't really say that i know what i'm doing when i'm editing your Makefiles X-D. Now... is it really worth the trouble to just try to compile it straight for the Zaurus without any changes to the code? will it even run if i manage to compile it? If not, what changes would have to be done to make it run on the Zaurus?

Ive noticed a new problem and i dont know if its just my sd card or something Im doing.
sometimes I put a game on my SD card and take all the disks. Then when I put them on uae all the disks show as disk 1.
The most recent one to do this was lost in mine. I took all the 3 disks and they were all disk 1. I double checked on the PC and they were disks 1 2 and 3. I even tried them in Winuae and they were disks 1 2 and 3 but as soon as they are on the GP2X they are all the same disk. Even the filenames show up exactly the same.

As anyone else noticed this problem??
:blink:

Back